BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There are many with different views and opinions on this subject. I have mine.

Let me just say that this is not the place to begin the forthcoming fight with waggott and co, it’s no good mincing around chewing fat on a message board you need a bigger platform otherwise it’s falling on deaf ears!

Agreed.

Hopefully any concerns will be shared with all relevant parties in due course.

However you have to start somewhere and it would be odd to have concerns and not air them on here.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Thus speaks the club plant!

This is the fight to pick with Waggott. He's form for this at previous clubs (plural) and they're suffering because of him.

You haven’t got a clue dear fellow! If you think I am giving anyone a free ride you are wrong in fact you are so wrong it unreal!

Plant? Again you are very wide of that accusation.

As had been pointed out Dickie many on here know me, know my views and know my love of all things Blackburn Rovers.

I will say no more👍

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You haven’t got a clue dear fellow! If you think I am giving anyone a free ride you are wrong in fact you are so wrong it unreal!

Plant? Again you are very wide of that accusation.

As had been pointed out Dickie many on here know me, know my views and know my love of all things Blackburn Rovers.

I will say no more👍

You ought to have left defending yourself to others. They're doing a better job. Your reputation ain't worth a damn.

You said that Waggott should be fought on a platform with a wider audience. Where's that? Nowhere. Doesn't exist.  You are giving Waggott a free run, just as he's had on all the other objectionable things he's done at this club and elsewhere. 

A forthcoming fight - that's what plants say. Divert and delay and prevent effective opposition. The role of a plant.

You are displaying a clear lack of love for all things Blackburn Rovers over this. Demolish the facilities that give us CAT A and we lose that status in an instant and our place in the PL2 top division vanishes overnight. The Academy would go soon after. You clearly don't value the Academy, Cat A status or Jack Walker's legacy. 

• Like 1

Dear Dickie

The one and only platform is the media using the Brockhallian residents and supporting them whilst at the same time outlining the supporters objections and views which added together would highlight the profound views as one!

Displaying a lack of love because I hold a different view or opinion? Oh please.

A plant you claim? Utter shite but then again that’s your view !

If I was you I would research fully what 27 things contribute to sustaining Cat 1 status, it isn’t about size it’s about many things ending with productivity- all I have seen so far is Rovers being committed to retaining it. Looking at all clubs who have such status we are in great company and outperforming many of the massive clubs of England, why oh why would we ever want that to change? As for your rabid and unjustified suggestion that I don’t support the academy or DS you will often find me standing in rain, hail, sleet and snow watching them when I can, unless I know your face then I don’t think you would be one of the regulars!

I read the residents views today, it is most certainly a fight for them, they are the ones with much to lose. So again, justify your accusation of being a plant!

Finally Dickie dear boy (or whatever gender you may be in today’s current climate) I don’t have to defend myself or justify my point of view, you should respect that.

• Like 6

There a total mistrust of the club hierarchy, the covenant between the club and the fans has been damaged, in some cases possibly beyond repair. That mistrust can lead to anxiety that the Club is going to take decisions that, from the fans' point of view are not in its best interests. We all know how toxic the club was under kean, I think there's a danger here that anxiety could slip onto paranoia. 

1864 is not a plant. Maybe a loony. But not a plant. Steve waggott is a weed, though

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

You ought to have left defending yourself to others. They're doing a better job. Your reputation ain't worth a damn....You are displaying a clear lack of love for all things Blackburn Rovers over this.... You clearly don't value the Academy, Cat A status or Jack Walker's legacy. 

You need to calm down a bit mate. I don’t know 1864 personally but he has been posting on here for a good twenty years or more. That doesn’t, of course, mean he is a better or more articulate poster than others but, over that period of time, you form a pretty accurate opinion of someone. Where their loyalties lie, the games they have been to, the length of time they have supported the lads and not least, their ‘love for all things Blackburn Rovers.’ You are totally wrong in this instance and your above comments are making yourself look rather stupid.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I've certainly not been around since 1864. I judge him on his posts, not on the length of time he's been posting and being defended by the likes of oldjamfan1 or you is no proof he isn't.

If you genuinely judged him on his posts then you should be apologising profusely to him for insinuating that he doesn’t have the best interests of every true BRFC fan at heart. And for what it’s worth I’m not too keen on being referred to in the way you have here either. Know your enemy is rule number 1. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, cmb211087 said:

Yep ..Stanley have been using King Georges for a while ..absolute nightmare place to play football for all those non league/ school players that had to play up there...especially in winter !

We re hardly talking "Brockhall" developments here  with King Georges and to be fair its about time the pitch  finally sorted out. (The cracking  pitch literally next door Hollins school used  wasnt called "Little Wembley " for nothing !)

Stanley only leasing the pitches for 30 hours a week.

Shame the planned training ground fell through down at Read.

To reply in kind:

prehistoricrogerwrong (of no known gender)

First, you say you're done with commenting and then you comment. Then you say you don't have to justify your opinion. Then you attempt to. Finally, you demand I justify my opinion, which you describe as a rabid suggestion. Hyperbole in self-defence is a well-known plant action. Excuse me a moment whilst I work out what kind of plant you are. Ah, I have it. You're a Venus Fly Trap. Fortunately, I am not a fly.

Losing the Academy CAT A status is not an opinion. It is a matter of fact. I mentioned the facilities, not size. Were Freud around he'd probably ask you about your obsession with size. If the facilities that were used in the assessment are demolished that is an automatic loss of Academy status. There would for example be no classroom for the academy players to be taught in. The reduction in the number of coaches would reduce the number of hours they would be taught or other teams would go without coaching. Support for an academy or not does not depend on watching Blackburn Rovers play. You claim intent is sufficient. It is not. 

You claim we should support the residents of Brockhall village. They have 170 more houses to object to on an already overloaded infrastructure. We have the loss of the STC and the Academy to fight. I note that you don't mention the Rovers trust in your response.

In your nearly 19000 posts selling the STC has never come up. Your previous posts are of no-consequence. No forthe question you haven't answered.

Do you support the sale of the STC? Yes or No?

Re Accy Stanley, whatever the details it does seem that they are a club looking outwards and upwards and taking great care to identify with their community.

By contrast, ever since Venkys took over we have been pushing the fans away.

And that's the only thing they have been good at.

• Like 5

Just now, 47er said:

Re Accy Stanley, whatever the details it does seem that they are a club looking outwards and upwards and taking great care to identify with their community.

By contrast, ever since Venkys took over we have been pushing the fans away.

And that's the only thing they have been good at.

Completely agree 47 ..on that side theres no argument. The school kids shirts. etc ..simple but pro active. Rovers should take note.

But some trying  to  compare  Stanley with Rovers   doing this and that with training grounds in order highlight whats going on at Brockhall. No comparison.  

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

But some trying  to  compare  Stanley with Rovers   doing this and that with training grounds in order highlight whats going on at Brockhall. No comparison.  

True. But as we used to say about Us and Burnley----"the gap is closing"!

We could be in the same league next season, one way or other, unthinkable once.

They have the momentum, we are in a permanent daze.

Just now, 47er said:

True. But as we used to say about Us and Burnley----"the gap is closing"!

We could be in the same league next season, one way or other, unthinkable once.

They have the momentum, we are in a permanent daze.

Yep . Unthinkable but hello reality ..who d have thought  Bournemouth could go all the way to the PL with a ground capacity of 12000 ? 

No gimmes any more 47!!

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

To reply in kind:

prehistoricrogerwrong (of no known gender)

First, you say you're done with commenting and then you comment. Then you say you don't have to justify your opinion. Then you attempt to. Finally, you demand I justify my opinion, which you describe as a rabid suggestion. Hyperbole in self-defence is a well-known plant action. Excuse me a moment whilst I work out what kind of plant you are. Ah, I have it. You're a Venus Fly Trap. Fortunately, I am not a fly.

Losing the Academy CAT A status is not an opinion. It is a matter of fact. I mentioned the facilities, not size. Were Freud around he'd probably ask you about your obsession with size. If the facilities that were used in the assessment are demolished that is an automatic loss of Academy status. There would for example be no classroom for the academy players to be taught in. The reduction in the number of coaches would reduce the number of hours they would be taught or other teams would go without coaching. Support for an academy or not does not depend on watching Blackburn Rovers play. You claim intent is sufficient. It is not. 

You claim we should support the residents of Brockhall village. They have 170 more houses to object to on an already overloaded infrastructure. We have the loss of the STC and the Academy to fight. I note that you don't mention the Rovers trust in your response.

In your nearly 19000 posts selling the STC has never come up. Your previous posts are of no-consequence. No forthe question you haven't answered.

Do you support the sale of the STC? Yes or No?

He has answered it. Several times. I'll do it in small words:

If Cat 1 deffo, then yes.

If Cat 1 not deffo, then no.

20 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Yep . Unthinkable but hello reality ..who d have thought  Bournemouth could go all the way to the PL with a ground capacity of 12000 ? 

No gimmes any more 47!!

No, just takies at our club!

Accy Stanley bucking the trend aren't they? We're decidedly not.

Edited by 47er

I didn't want to post but:

I think it's about time we all stopped knocking spots off one another: we're all twitchy, angry, pissed off: I get that....

There are some, who undoubtedly should hang their heads in shame....but they are a few and bygones can be bygones.

If we are to reinvigorate this great club that we all love, WE need to be as one.....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I didn't want to post but:

I think it's about time we all stopped knocking spots off one another: we're all twitchy, angry, pissed off: I get that....

There are some, who undoubtedly should hang their heads in shame....but they are a few and bygones can be bygones.

If we are to reinvigorate this great club that we all love, WE need to be as one.....

Spot on but that needs to come from venkys, it needs waggott, venus and mowbray being removed from the club. It needs Venkys to be  made aware of the brockhall issues if they aren't already. We need bold senior managerial appointments and bold manager appointment. To have faith we need some sign those at the top are aware of the issues and will act 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

You ought to have left defending yourself to others. They're doing a better job. Your reputation ain't worth a damn.

[...] 

the facilities that give us CAT A and we lose that status in an instant and our place in the PL2 top division vanishes overnight. The Academy would go soon after. You clearly don't value the Academy, Cat A status or Jack Walker's legacy. 

Did you know that the correct description is Category 1? There's nearly 2000 posts in this thread and only you and JH Rover who call it Category A 🤷‍♂️ 

And then there's this weird thing where you reply to JHRover in the first person... 

_20210317_234556.JPG

_20210317_234357.JPG

@Ben Frost Yes I do know that. I was waiting  to see who would crawl out of the woodwork and call me on it.

@Mike E I'll keep this simple for you. All he's said to me is that he believes CAT 1 Academy status will be maintained. Even easier for you; I oppose the sale of the land on which the STC is built. I believe to do otherwise is to betray the legacy of Jack Walker.

A new low Ben.

Your contribution to this vitally important thread has reduced to baseless accusations that one of our most forensic, passionate fans on here is a fraud?

Look to the early pages and I’m probably saying Cat A, like JH I’m used to talking about ticket pricing, so an easy slip up to make... or am I secretly Stuart or Rev?

Though shows how difficult even you are finding being a contrarian on this issue...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

@Ben Frost Yes I do know that. I was waiting  to see who would crawl out of the woodwork and call me on it.

@Mike E I'll keep this simple for you. All he's said to me is that he believes CAT 1 Academy status will be maintained. Even easier for you; I oppose the sale of the land on which the STC is built. I believe to do otherwise is to betray the legacy of Jack Walker.

He also said that IF Cat 1 is NOT maintained, he opposes the sale. You can't omit parts of what someone says just to have a go at them.

Edited by Mike E

7 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

Did you know that the correct description is Category 1? There's nearly 2000 posts in this thread and only you and JH Rover who call it Category A 🤷‍♂️ 

And then there's this weird thing where you reply to JHRover in the first person... 

_20210317_234556.JPG

_20210317_234357.JPG

Has someone tasked you with the job of attempting to discredit anyone opposing the Brockhall scheme or are you doing it completely off your own batt?

You picked on the wrong poster with such an exceptional contributor as JH Rover frankly.

• Like 5