Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's reassuring to know we still have fans who care and put some pressure on Waggott and Co in various ways. Even a post on this message board will have helped so nobody should underestimate their inv

Joe, I mean this will all due respect, but Jack’s legacy isn’t Rovers winning the league. I would assume you’re too young to really remember what Jack did? Jacks legacy is putting Blackburn on th

With respect, you are talking absolute rubbish on this point and imo being extremely disrespectful to Jack Walker. I hope my post doesn't send you scurrying off to the moderators to complain as I woul

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There are many with different views and opinions on this subject. I have mine.

Let me just say that this is not the place to begin the forthcoming fight with waggott and co, it’s no good mincing around chewing fat on a message board you need a bigger platform otherwise it’s falling on deaf ears!

Thus speaks the club plant!

This is the fight to pick with Waggott. He's form for this at previous clubs (plural) and they're suffering because of him.

46 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

This is the fight to pick with Waggott. He's form for this at previous clubs (plural) and they're suffering because of him.

Who's that rat/rats then, name them I would if I know or is it iyo?

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

Very much doubt he's one of 'the plants' to be honest.

2 minutes ago, renrag said:

Hope this link works as I’m a bit of a dinosaur on this

http://www.walmsleywilkinson.com/news-and-insights/interviews/inspiring-leaders-Steve-waggott-ceo- blackburn-rovers/

What a load of rubbish especially the words he uses to describe himself

Nice one.

Posted some of this a while ago and after reading it the picture was clearer about the price rises, cutbacks and ground capacity reduction.

Squeeze what you have is his mantra, only it doesn't seem to apply to the football side of it where millions have still and are still being wasted.

What’s next for you and Blackburn Rovers?

The initial plan was to bring stability and steady growth to the organisation. When I came in, they had been relegated, so we needed to get out of League One. We have very supportive owners and we achieved promotion at the first attempt. We had a solid season in the Championship which was the aim of last season. This season we aim to move through the gears, but in a sensible way, not to slam it from first into overdrive and crunch the gearbox too much, just take it smoothly through and keep building up the players side and restructuring the club, keep building the club back to where it should be. The reality though is that we are a small mill town club and we are up against big city clubs from Nottingham, Birmingham and London. However, the legacy of the club, the people inside the club and many other things, give us a value-add which will help us to close the gap on others. We have a great manager in Tony Mowbray, a strong team, a decent training ground, a very good academy structure supported by good administrative and operational functions.

We are trying to build the platform for future success both on and off the pitch so that when my time at Blackburn Rovers comes to an end, I will have left the Club in a better place than I came in.

This is the last question and answer on that interview.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Aye and he's been around a lot longer than his accuser !

I've certainly not been around since 1864. I judge him on his posts, not on the length of time he's been posting and being defended by the likes of oldjamfan1 or you is no proof he isn't.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

I've certainly not been around since 1864. I judge him on his posts, not on the length of time he's been posting and being defended by the likes of oldjamfan1 or you is no proof he isn't.

Except quite a few on here know him but even if you're judging him on his posts i can't see where plant comes into it.  He's often been known to take some middle ground down the years but he's also a critic when needed.

There's quite a few others who'd get the finger justifiably pointed at them before him.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Except quite a few on here know him but even if you're judging him on his posts i can't see where plant comes into it.  He's often been known to take some middle ground down the years but he's also a critic when needed.

There's quite a few others who'd get the finger justifiably pointed at them before him.

He's giving Waggott a free run on this issue and there's no way that should  be happening. 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There are many with different views and opinions on this subject. I have mine.

Let me just say that this is not the place to begin the forthcoming fight with waggott and co, it’s no good mincing around chewing fat on a message board you need a bigger platform otherwise it’s falling on deaf ears!

Agreed.

Hopefully any concerns will be shared with all relevant parties in due course.

However you have to start somewhere and it would be odd to have concerns and not air them on here.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

You haven’t got a clue dear fellow! If you think I am giving anyone a free ride you are wrong in fact you are so wrong it unreal!

Plant? Again you are very wide of that accusation.

As had been pointed out Dickie many on here know me, know my views and know my love of all things Blackburn Rovers.

I will say no more👍

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You haven’t got a clue dear fellow! If you think I am giving anyone a free ride you are wrong in fact you are so wrong it unreal!

Plant? Again you are very wide of that accusation.

As had been pointed out Dickie many on here know me, know my views and know my love of all things Blackburn Rovers.

I will say no more👍

You ought to have left defending yourself to others. They're doing a better job. Your reputation ain't worth a damn.

You said that Waggott should be fought on a platform with a wider audience. Where's that? Nowhere. Doesn't exist.  You are giving Waggott a free run, just as he's had on all the other objectionable things he's done at this club and elsewhere. 

A forthcoming fight - that's what plants say. Divert and delay and prevent effective opposition. The role of a plant.

You are displaying a clear lack of love for all things Blackburn Rovers over this. Demolish the facilities that give us CAT A and we lose that status in an instant and our place in the PL2 top division vanishes overnight. The Academy would go soon after. You clearly don't value the Academy, Cat A status or Jack Walker's legacy. 

Dear Dickie

The one and only platform is the media using the Brockhallian residents and supporting them whilst at the same time outlining the supporters objections and views which added together would highlight the profound views as one!

Displaying a lack of love because I hold a different view or opinion? Oh please.

A plant you claim? Utter shite but then again that’s your view !

If I was you I would research fully what 27 things contribute to sustaining Cat 1 status, it isn’t about size it’s about many things ending with productivity- all I have seen so far is Rovers being committed to retaining it. Looking at all clubs who have such status we are in great company and outperforming many of the massive clubs of England, why oh why would we ever want that to change? As for your rabid and unjustified suggestion that I don’t support the academy or DS you will often find me standing in rain, hail, sleet and snow watching them when I can, unless I know your face then I don’t think you would be one of the regulars!

I read the residents views today, it is most certainly a fight for them, they are the ones with much to lose. So again, justify your accusation of being a plant!

Finally Dickie dear boy (or whatever gender you may be in today’s current climate) I don’t have to defend myself or justify my point of view, you should respect that.

There a total mistrust of the club hierarchy, the covenant between the club and the fans has been damaged, in some cases possibly beyond repair. That mistrust can lead to anxiety that the Club is going to take decisions that, from the fans' point of view are not in its best interests. We all know how toxic the club was under kean, I think there's a danger here that anxiety could slip onto paranoia. 

1864 is not a plant. Maybe a loony. But not a plant. Steve waggott is a weed, though

1 hour ago, Richard Oakley said:

You ought to have left defending yourself to others. They're doing a better job. Your reputation ain't worth a damn....You are displaying a clear lack of love for all things Blackburn Rovers over this.... You clearly don't value the Academy, Cat A status or Jack Walker's legacy. 

You need to calm down a bit mate. I don’t know 1864 personally but he has been posting on here for a good twenty years or more. That doesn’t, of course, mean he is a better or more articulate poster than others but, over that period of time, you form a pretty accurate opinion of someone. Where their loyalties lie, the games they have been to, the length of time they have supported the lads and not least, their ‘love for all things Blackburn Rovers.’ You are totally wrong in this instance and your above comments are making yourself look rather stupid.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

If you genuinely judged him on his posts then you should be apologising profusely to him for insinuating that he doesn’t have the best interests of every true BRFC fan at heart. And for what it’s worth I’m not too keen on being referred to in the way you have here either. Know your enemy is rule number 1. 

Edited by oldjamfan1
14 minutes ago, cmb211087 said:

Yep ..Stanley have been using King Georges for a while ..absolute nightmare place to play football for all those non league/ school players that had to play up there...especially in winter !

We re hardly talking "Brockhall" developments here  with King Georges and to be fair its about time the pitch  finally sorted out. (The cracking  pitch literally next door Hollins school used  wasnt called "Little Wembley " for nothing !)

Stanley only leasing the pitches for 30 hours a week.

Shame the planned training ground fell through down at Read.

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • J*B pinned this topic