BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think it shows that the residents in the Village are concerned about their Village and its future.

That article is a little old so now maybe more have signed as against?

I don't know how many people live at the Village but assume those 400+ are adults?

It is not, unfortunately, necessarily representative of how Rovers fans think.

However the Village opinion will at least be listened to.

Rovers are saving their trump card - Mrs Desai in a heart felt video message promising to respect the legacy of Brockhall village.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Does that vote perhaps suggest that contrarian view is actually what's been so far perceived on the message-board as the majority view?

Yes, maybe it does. 

That being the case you could potentially try to win hearts and minds on here seeing as we're such a tough crowd and not representative of the majority view. Outline all the positives and we'll go from there.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The club also say that, as with any planning application of this type, there would also be a series of financial contributions the club would make on receipt of planning permission.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/campaigners-say-blackburn-rovers-development-19953691

So plenty of Jam promised ...... for tomorrow.

I noticed that when the article was first published - one man's 'jam" is another man's bribe. Says it all when an attempt has to be made to pay off the villagers to accept it and the application can't be left to stand or fall purely on its merits.

So basically almost everyone could receive some benefit from this tawdry scheme, developers, planners, PR agencies, local residents and anyone else in between. 

Everyone that is apart from the Club who would lose a substantial part of their infrastructure which we then can't fall back on in future if really needed  when we no longer have multi billionaire owners.

And for the present, said owners seemingly face having to shell out yet again to fund (at the very best) facilities similar to what we have now, only far less of them and which could end up putting paid to Cat 1 status for good.

Sounds like much of our transfer business over the last ten years, everyone gets a piece of action along the way and the Club end up getting shafted.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Yes, maybe it does. 

That being the case you could potentially try to win hearts and minds on here seeing as we're such a tough crowd and not representative of the majority view. Outline all the positives and we'll go from there.

I'll start!

"Under one roof"

(Which will probably result in loss of Cat 1 status)

ermmmm....................

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Rovers are saving their trump card - Mrs Desai in a heart felt video message promising to respect the legacy of Brockhall village.

And also sack the current leader of the planning department, replace him with the tea lady, as she wants to make sure, everything is top notch. 

Edited by lraC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LDRover said:

Yes, maybe it does. 

It is a bit strange we aren't over run with pro sell, upgrade, it's a flawless plan posters ?

If the feeling was so strong in favour of it all i'd expect some more on stating the case. Rather than just the odd one's who seem to always just echo what Waggot has said.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'll start!

"Under one roof"

(Which will probably result in loss of Cat 1 status)

ermmmm....................

Anybody watched or remember the Pheonix NIghts episode with Jim Bowen in ?

'Everythin under one roof Brian it's the future'

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LDRover said:

Yes, maybe it does. 

I won't be tricked into talking about something I've already gone over 10's of pages ago. It's my belief that having read the responses on here, nobody actually wants to be convinced of any positives at all, so what's the point? Last time I tried to talk about it, it just ended stupidly, and I won't be going back into that situation ago willingly.

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Oh dear, back to playing the moaning victim.

It's great, we've got running Sky Sports commentary from Alan 'AllRoverAsia' McInally himself on the thread too 🙂

Maybe the pro All Under One Roofers could start their own movement or something to counter the rest of us ?

You know, passionately state your own personal cases for it instead of being Waggot echo chambers.  Sod the residents of Brockhalls feelings on it obviously. The Coventry 3's words must come first after all, i mean they've been so true to every one they've uttered in the past few years, they are full of great ideas !

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

I won't be tricked into talking about something I've already gone over 10's of pages ago. It's my belief that having read the responses on here, nobody actually wants to be convinced of any positives at all, so what's the point? Last time I tried to talk about it, it just ended stupidly, and I won't be going back into that situation ago willingly.

I'm with you. I feel stupid being tricked into thinking I could hold a debate with you on the subject following your earlier inflammatory comment.

I'll learn.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Don't you need a school for cat 1?  I thought teaching etc had to take place, accommodation etc or do we do these elsewhere?

They'll probably start having to hire classrooms, then storage units, then maybe even pitches elsewhere. All in the name of cost cutting obviously.

I wouldn't trust these lot and these owners to put my bins out when it comes to a project like this.  He's no doubt pitched plenty but what major project has Steve Waggot ever actually over seen ?  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, rigger said:

Garlick and bread ?

That Dingle Harry Garlic has done ok, thanks very much, out of the Mormon USA, leveraged buy out.

It's given him a dollop of bread, left our 6 fingered cousins with a heap of debt and no doubt that ale will be banned from sale on t'Turf next season for religious reasons.

The pendulum could be about to swing, ain't it great!!!🤣

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Don't you need a school for cat 1?  I thought teaching etc had to take place, accommodation etc or do we do these elsewhere?

Portakabins on’t car park. You know like the ones they had at school that were temporary in year 7, but still there in year 11?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Portakabins on’t car park. You know like the ones they had at school that were temporary in year 7, but still there in year 11?

Accrington Stanley's old changing rooms? To be fair one of my old local teams Exeter had Portakabins as there only buildings at their training ground,they're academy does alright. Even England internationals can be developed 'rough'.

Do Portakabins fall under the 2 storey rule on Brockhall? If not we could stack them like in ready player one.