BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

“I am very much opposed to this development. It is not, in any way, an attempt by BRFC to integrate itself with this village and the surrounding area. Quite the opposite, you will alienate us all. It appears to be a financial strategy to ease the club’s downward spiralling poor financial position (by selling its existing training assets to build houses) caused by poor management in recent years.”

Mr Carl Allen of the Brockhall residents group clearly gets it.

👍WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edited by darrenrover

The best way to oppose this, the most effective way to oppose it would be for a sizeable petition from rovers fans to be handed in to the club with the publicity to back it up. 

I wish the residents well but fear the only way they will stop it is by opposing it on solid planning grounds which might be very difficult to do. 

A petition with thousands of rovers fans names on it might make them think again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, den said:

The best way to oppose this, the most effective way to oppose it would be for a sizeable petition from rovers fans to be handed in to the club with the publicity to back it up. 

I wish the residents well but fear the only way they will stop it is by opposing it on solid planning grounds which might be very difficult to do. 

A petition with thousands of rovers fans names on it might make them think again.

and (if it hasn't happened already) to talk to this residents' group.  Make sure they know there's a sizeable bunch of fans that will help them - might open up a few new lines of attack.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Neil Weaver said:

and (if it hasn't happened already) to talk to this residents' group.  Make sure they know there's a sizeable bunch of fans that will help them - might open up a few new lines of attack.

Agreed Neil...and on it!

On 24/03/2021 at 13:19, Meesh said:

I would have thought that any money made from selling land owned by the club would be classed as a sale for the club, i.e. a profit.

It is...any disposal over book value is profit.

However, when calculating profit for FFP purposes, certain expenditure in infrastructure is allowable.

Therefore, if this land is sold, for FFP it generates a positive inflow, then if that cash is spent on redeveloping the academy site, that is allowable so net on net, it improves our FFP calculation.

• Like 1

I feel like any sort of fan led petition would need to have a good covering letter.

I don't know about you lot but, personally, I don't oppose the sale of BRFC land absolutely. It is the situation surrounding the land sale that makes me oppose. The lack of trust in the board - given Waggott's history of failed projects - and the general downscaling of operations since the day the Venkys arrived. Whilst BRFC is a business it is, first and foremost, a community asset and therefore the views of stakeholders are vastly important.

Any petition should not be dressed up as opposition to the land sale entirely, but more opposition at the devaluing of a community asset as bequeathed by a lifelong supporter with the vision of BRFC operating on that land for generations to come. That is just my opinion though and the better approach may be to stick with outright planning appeals as opposed to trying to appeal to the emotions of a councillor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, den said:

Good idea den.

Anyone fancy that?

Hopefully there will be one or two other initiatives up and running by the end of next week as well!

Edited by RevidgeBlue

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I feel like any sort of fan led petition would need to have a good covering letter.

I don't know about you lot but, personally, I don't oppose the sale of BRFC land absolutely. 

Even if that sale led to the loss of Cat 1 status due to lack of space?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even if that sale led to the loss of Cat 1 status due to lack of space?

Oh no, hence the comment about the situation surrounding it.

If somebody with integrity had proposed we build houses on Brockhall to fund a training centre that will be able to keep what we have + upgrade I'd be all for it. As it happens, they haven't, and it is clear as day it is downgrading. That's what I was trying to get at. I'm not opposing it for the sake of opposing a land sale but because the situation warrants opposition. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Meesh said:

OK, so basically the land sold would count as club profit.

As a totally separate thing, if money is spent on building a new academy structure, it's exempt as a loss as far as FFP is concerned.

Hope that's right!

Please could someone go to the trouble, as I respectfully previously suggested, exactly what the current requirements are (as depicted by The PL as far as Cat 1 requirements and EFL in terms of FFP), then anyone can form an opinion based upon actual facts, rather than supposition, what’s and maybes....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Not sure if anyone has posted these images before but I have taken them from Google Earth. This picture shows the current Junior Training Centre, the one that Waggott & Co wish to develop into the main facility.

AAB9D98E-B494-4B14-9289-0FA6DB140F5D.png

👍 Aye, it'll all fit on there! 🤔😱

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Meesh said:

OK, so basically the land sold would count as club profit.

As a totally separate thing, if money is spent on building a new academy structure, it's exempt as a loss as far as FFP is concerned.

Hope that's right!

Don't forget that Waggott has stated that the owners would have to make up any shortfall in funding for any potential redevelopment of the current Academy site 

Hardly a statement made based on the assumption that the 'project' would be cash beneficial to BRFC.

It does not stack up in any way, shape or form: other than the manager, who has presided over a team that has won 1 game in 12 (is it?), could step out onto his office balcony and see all that he purveys without moving a gurning muscle.

It's a bloody joke, if only it were funny.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Would be fully behind whatever action we could do against the proposal Waggot has. 

If anyone has any sort of idea on how we could be against it and have an actual impact, I'm fully behind it. 

Just thinking. Is there a way of sorting something out without showing all our cards on here?

All sorts of people read this site, including allies of Lady Godiva and Peeping Tom!

• Like 1

How much does it cost to advertise on that LED multimedia board outside the Darwen End on Bolton Road, I wonder? Might be worthwhile crowdfunding some messages of Home (& Away) Truths to be broadcast to the great and the good driving past there every day.. There's also the big screen thing on the Fox and Hounds site at the bottom of Livesey Branch Rd.

Failing that, there are some very appealing looking railings to which slogans and banners could easily be affixed, again around the Darwen End on Bolton Road.

Take the fight to the shite is what I say. Make our feelings known close to home and perhaps the gurning one and his shifty organ grinder would start to take notice..

• Like 3