BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

36 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The local newspaper wouldn’t publish the letter? 
That tells you all you need to know about their priorities. 

They're probably worried that if they fell out with Rovers they'd be left with nothing to print except stories about Granny baking a cake etc.

I used to know someone who  worked at the Telegraph years ago who said if they were struggling to fill column inches they'd stick in a story about a chip pan fire.

In the long run though Messrs Waggott Mowbray and Venus aren't the Club and won't be there forever. The Blackburn Public would think of the paper far more favourably if they investigated these sort of things properly and impartially.

It shouldn't be down to random fans to have to do their job for them.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You beat me to it. 

I sent this letter by e-mail to Lynsey Talbot at the Club today to be forwarded on to Mr. Waggott and hand delivered a hard copy to the ground where it was picked up by Security.

The place looks desolate. Shuttered up more securely than Fort Knox.

I thought it was very thorough and well-written. However, I do think you should have tried to get more signatures on it before submitting it, for it to be taken more seriously.

A petition, or BRAG, or the Trust, or all three.

Also, in regards to the LT not running it, have you contacted Lancs Live? I know they probably don't have the same readership amonst Rovers fans, and advertising as such doesn't work the same since they're online, but I think they're a bit less afraid of the club and might run an article. Which in turn might prompt the LT to do so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I thought it was very thorough and well-written. However, I do think you should have tried to get more signatures on it before submitting it, for it to be taken more seriously.

A petition, or BRAG, or the Trust, or all three.

Also, in regards to the LT not running it, have you contacted Lancs Live? I know they probably don't have the same readership amonst Rovers fans, and advertising as such doesn't work the same since they're online, but I think they're a bit less afraid of the club and might run an article. Which in turn might prompt the LT to do so.

We could easily have delayed slightly to get a few more signatures on, but felt that it was more important to try and get the issues out into the public domain ASAP.

As regards any other fans Groups, with the greatest of respect their response thus far has been either non existent or neutral. I am unable for example to decipher what the Trust's official stance is on the issue either way. If any official groups want to comment on the letter either way they are more than welcome.

We haven't tried Lancs Live yet no but I have no doubt we will.

The letter has only been live online for a few hours.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We could easily have delayed slightly to get a few more signatures on, but felt that it was more important to try and get the issues out into the public domain ASAP.

As regards any other fans Groups, with the greatest of respect their response thus far has been either non existent or neutral. I am unable for example to decipher what the Trust's official stance is on the issue either way. If any official groups want to comment on the letter either way they are more than welcome.

The planning permission and actual planning of it all should drag on for quite a long time yet, I'm not really sure you needed to rush it. In just a day I'm sure you could have got plenty of sigs from here alone, I'd have added mine in a heartbeat. And it could have been in the public domain with an open signatory list to collect sigs before delivering the actual copy to the club.

Anyway that ship has sailed, and I don't mean to criticise, it's very good work. I just don't want it to end up chucked in a bin by a club who think they can ignore all the questions in it because it was only three fans. Hopefully the public outcry, which is already gaining steam, will counteract that though.

I'm surprised the supporters groups are being so non-committal, I'd have thought they know enough to be highly concerned about this. It's sad to hear. I hope the letter convinces them to put their weight behind it too. Don't we have a few people from them as members of this board?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Great letter. Well done indeed.

We need to keep the issue in the public eye as much as possible and keep asking the questions that will make them uncomfortable. If they can't answer those questions, more people will start asking them and the pressure will increase.  All the effort is very much appreciated.

Edited by Crimpshrine
typo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The planning permission and actual planning of it all should drag on for quite a long time yet, I'm not really sure you needed to rush it. In just a day I'm sure you could have got plenty of sigs from here alone, I'd have added mine in a heartbeat. And it could have been in the public domain with an open signatory list to collect sigs before delivering the actual copy to the club.

Anyway that ship has sailed, and I don't mean to criticise, it's very good work. I just don't want it to end up chucked in a bin by a club who think they can ignore all the questions in it because it was only three fans. Hopefully the public outcry, which is already gaining steam, will counteract that though.

I'm surprised the supporters groups are being so non-committal, I'd have thought they know enough to be highly concerned about this. It's sad to hear. I hope the letter convinces them to put their weight behind it too. Don't we have a few people from them as members of this board?

signatures could still be collected in the form of a petition with the letter as a starting point - sign if you want answers to the quesions posed in the letter.

43 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fantastic work Rev, it is appreciated

Is there a way you can create a tool to place an online signature? That way fans can sign it retrospectively

• Like 4

Absolutely fantastic Rev, will post on twitter. Worried to post in the appropriate Rovers fan FB groups due to the amount of hate I get on there. So more that post there the better.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Petedog has already posted. Have just backed him on fb

Thanks for everyone's comments.

The key is to share the hell out of it so that as many people as possible are made aware of the issues then they can make their own mind up.

Our technical guru informs us that there are options to add signatures in due course depending on the amount of traffic to the sites so we can do this if people require I think.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

I was surprised you'd seen it so quickly tbh.

Good work!

• Like 1

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

I was surprised you'd seen it so quickly tbh.

Good work!

The good work is yours mate, well done on taking up the fight. Someone posted it on one of the Facebook groups, of all places, and even there with the usual pro-everything-the-club-does stance, it has mostly had agreement. And concern, from those who hadn't really known. So it's already taking root.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Share the hell out of it.

Nothing precludes somebody setting up an independent petition in support of the letter.....

Over to you guys.....

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The key is to share the hell out of it so that as many people as possible are made aware of the issues then they can make their own mind up.

Our technical guru informs us that there are options to add signatures in due course depending on the amount of traffic to the sites so we can do this if people require I think.

Can we get everyone to share to Rich, Jaquob and Andy Bayes.

We need them to actually make something happen.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think the number of signatures is less important than the quality of the content & the content is really well written & presented. 

• Like 7

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe and Andy Bayes won't be interested in that.

That Jaquob seems like a bit of a loose cannon though so you might get something out of him.

If it was twittered and Coventry FC/Fans group were @'d then it could get some traction. Sharpe is just a club lackey, sadly. Compare and contrast the work of the local journo's covering Cov. 

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You beat me to it. 

I sent this letter by e-mail to Lynsey Talbot at the Club today to be forwarded on to Mr. Waggott and hand delivered a hard copy to the ground where it was picked up by Security.

The place looks desolate. Shuttered up more securely than Fort Knox.

Great letter. Well done. Get it trending on twitter with the help of Cov fans.

• Like 5

In regards to Kean and all the rest of it at that time it took a hell of a while for them to get up to speed. However stuff was flying out from all angles so i think they'd no choice but to wise up once the penny dropped.

They still didn't have the minerals to go after the rest of them though, which was a disservice to their readership.

Don't make the same mistake twice.

• Like 2

If the site want to collect signatures to back this letter you can rely on mine. I also post on another Rovers site and if you wish I will ask the members there also to back the petition. Please PM me if you want me to do something.

Edited by Al
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Al said:

If the site want to collect signatures to back this letter you can rely on mine. I also post on another Rovers site and if you wish I will ask the members there also to back the petition. Please PM me if you want me to do something.

In my opinion Al, the more sigs the better.

• Like 1