BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

All this, as has been pointed out earlier, begs the question of how can they proceed if restrictive covenants are in place to stop the land being built upon for housing. I’m no legal expert but are there similar cases previously where these covenants have not stood up in a court of law? 

The demand for housing has never been higher than at present. Immigration levels have been running at around 300k per annum for well over ten years now. These people have got to live somewhere. The government are allowing developments on both SSSIs and green belt land for example, so it may be a relatively simple procedure (given the right contacts and businesses that can afford political donations, nudge nudge, wink wink) to overturn something supposedly in favour of little Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

See he has found another 77 houses accurate as ever

At least he is willing to cover the story. Not many national journalists arent interested in Rovers

20 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It is mind boggling that the LT aren’t running with this. 

No pressure, no outrage. 

Sharpe is waiting for Rovers to release a statement before running a story..

27 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very supportive of Mowbray is Dunny!

Aye!!!

In addition, have a search on Companies House for 'Waggott' named builders and timber merchants.

Not saying there's any connection but it's hardly Smith or Jones is it?!........................

Edited by darrenrover

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

"Requests to Ribble Valley Borough Council's planning department have revealed plans to get rid of the Senior Training Centre used by the first team, in place of a 170-home housing estate"

The standard of writing is shocking. So they're getting rid of something and then putting it in place of something that doesn't exist. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

6 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

All this, as has been pointed out earlier, begs the question of how can they proceed if restrictive covenants are in place to stop the land being built upon for housing. I’m no legal expert but are there similar cases previously where these covenants have not stood up in a court of law? 

The demand for housing has never been higher than at present. Immigration levels have been running at around 300k per annum for well over ten years now. These people have got to live somewhere. The government are allowing developments on both SSSIs and green belt land for example, so it may be a relatively simple procedure (given the right contacts and businesses that can afford political donations, nudge nudge, wink wink) to overturn something supposedly in favour of little Blackburn Rovers.

The old Rochdale Cricket Club at Dane Street in the centre of town had a similar order placed on it. It was given to the club and the town years ago on the understanding that it would always be used for sporting events. Of course it was in a prime location.

There's an ASDA and a Curry's on it now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The old Rochdale Cricket Club at Dane Street in the centre of town had a similar order placed on it. It was given to the club and the town years ago on the understanding that it would always be used for sporting events. Of course it was in a prime location.

There's an ASDA and a Curry's on it now.

I went to that Asda t'other week Tyrone, in the middle of a blizzard, when I'd taken a friend to A & E at 5am.

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I think this also puts an end to any Mowbray Out stories. Not a chance he is leaving whilst his pal has 170 houses on the horizon. 

There is no smoke without fire. Coventry fans know the score. Wherever Venus goes it seems houses aren’t far behind, on the land of the club he rips off. Scumbag. 

And no one knows that more than Mr Open & Honest 'ever so 'umble' Mowbray, his best mate and job benefactor.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

FB will love that. So will some on here.

We have page after page of discussion about Mowbray. He must be pissing himself with laughter.

What's that they say about many a true word being spoken in jest? Particularly my "if only they knew" comment.

And no, I didn't know anything about this. 

Screenshot_20210220-121405_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

Statement due?

Little punt on the social media comments that will follow said statement...

‘Excellent stuff from the club’

’Not sure how you can put a negative spin on this’

’It’s dated anyway’

’It’ll be great to have everybody on one site’

’Jack wanted the club to wash its face’

’’Something about Bolton’

• Like 7

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

As many have alluded to this just kicks another of Jack Walkers investments and legacies into the long grass. That is the saddest aspect for me. Shysters like Waggott are simply disrespecting everything that Jack did for the club and town. And the owners have overseen a decade of scaling down but this is unforgivable and they are shameless, arrogant people.

What next? Melting Jacks statue down for scrap.

Weighing in the statue is a good analogy. The same fans currently agreeing with the sale of Brockhall (is there anything they won’t psychotically agree with?) would also defend such a move. “The club need the money and have to make tough decisions”.

What happens when the club unveil that to replace the senior centre they are going into a partnership with Pleckgate, Pleasington, Witton or Fenny to share community pitches? Closing of the highly successful academy that Mowbray isn’t able to successfully bring the fruits of into the first team.

We are heading down a road I expected we would have to once Venkys departed and honest Rovers fans were running things on a shoe string. Not while billionaire Venkys are still here and millionaire managers and CEO are still earning huge wages.

By the time the Rovers Trust are directly involved, there will be no legacy left. Someone said slow motion car crash, I see this as a slow motion heist. The Walker Trust trustees ought to be utterly ashamed that they have trampled all over everything that Jack bequeathed them in order to make coin.

Not sure which I’m more upset at: the Walkers, Venkys, the charlatans making money out of the misery that they are creating or the super-fans who pretend all is well and excuse everything being done.

I’d very much like to know whose idea this sale is. I have strong suspicions...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Is this a good time to suggest that more fans join the Rovers Trust? If these plans go ahead the Trust will presumably want to put a case before a Planning Committee.

Hiring experts to assist costs money.

Only £10 a year---surely everyone can afford that to save an asset supposedly bequeathed to us by Jack?

I was just thinking this.

I'll sign up tonight 

• Like 2

Devils advocate time. Could Mowbray have been/is sulking/stressed because he has been reminded that he is an employee and it is now his job to be the public face for this project while everyone else gets rich? 

Do it or quit sort of thing. Genuine question - my head is not in the sand 😉

Have been in those positions myself and it always led to me quitting if i couldn't prevent things that ultimately damaged the long term future.