BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

8 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Everton's Finch Farm facilities & comparisons amid Blackburn Rovers' training ground plans - LancsLive

"I didn't see it all because there is very intense security around there but I went into the buildings and different vantage points" - Waggott on his visit to Finch Farm.

Fact-finding Waggott-style. He essentially got his mate to give him a leg-up and he looked over a wall. 

I suspect he knows exactly how big Finch Farm is.

He had to be vague on the issue because he was asked a direct question on the size comparison between their site and our proposed new one.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suspect he knows exactly how big Finch Farm is.

He had to be vague on the issue because he was asked a direct question on the size comparison between their site and our proposed new one.

Apologies.

Having read the article again he wasn't asked the question directly but was attempting to head it off at the pass before it was asked.

"They seem to have a little more space than us on both sides" LOL.

Yeah 55 acres as opposed to a proposed 19 acres!

It would be quite comical were it not so serious.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, lraC said:

There is a firm called Venkycob on twitter I think, who have some link with the owners. i will dig it out and send it their way too.

We could do with a decent journo publicising this.

Was it Oliver Kay (now Athletic, formerly Times) who attended the KGH fans meeting ? Can anyone confirm ? 

A good effort by those getting this information out there and putting a slightly different spin on events surrounding Waggott's Brockhall plans. 

Sadly it will not be enough for some who have an inability to see past the narrative being peddled, perhaps if they message a few Coventry fans and ask them what they think about those involved in these plans, they may have a differing view? 

I would also add that if enough people could support the challenge about what is planned, then there would be more chance of successfully repealing it. Say for example if 20,000 or more, local people made a pledge to never buy a house from the development and also any future subsequent sales of the same houses, this would taint the value and prove problematic or less financially viable as a venture. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just to inform everyone that in response to suggestions on here an option to add your name in support of the letter has now been added.

Our IT guru tells us the letter has been viewed c9k times so far and is gaining traction nicely, but we're a bit thin on numbers for signatures at the moment as the option to sign wasn't there when most people read it.

If you like the letter but haven't signed, could I ask you to revisit it and add your name.

http://www.protectjackwalkerslegacy.com

Many Thanks

Simon

Done

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just to inform everyone that in response to suggestions on here an option to add your name in support of the letter has now been added.

Our IT guru tells us the letter has been viewed c9k times so far and is gaining traction nicely, but we're a bit thin on numbers for signatures at the moment as the option to sign wasn't there when most people read it.

If you like the letter but haven't signed, could I ask you to revisit it and add your name.

http://www.protectjackwalkerslegacy.com

Many Thanks

Simon

Done, well done you!

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

To demonstrate that there's always redemption opportunities, my Dingle in-laws have signed the letter. Voluntarily!

Probably because they cannot read and thought it was a letter in support of the move?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, den said:

It has Al. You weren’t that well at one point, hope you’re okay.

Much better thanks Den. I had a kidney transplant and whilst I was on heavy immunsurppressants the bloody hospital allowed me to gat a flu like infection. Although I don't have much of a memory of it my wife says it was touch and go for a while but I am much better now but can't walk very far. My golf has gone by the wayside.

• Like 1