BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Nah, the actual security gate to enter the village.

Thanks for the reply. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The Blackburn End/Riverside side of the ground, main reception JW stand Club shop are completely shuttered up chaddy. If you're making a delivery or wanted to hand something in at reception you ring a mobile number and someone from security comes round a couple of minutes later to pick it up.

The Darwen End is open as Covid testing is being done there.

I know about the Darwen end being open for Covid testing. 

But why has the Blackburn End/Riverside side of the ground, main reception, JW Stand and the club shop been completely shuttered up tho? @only2garnershas this been discussed at the fans forum and if not can it be mention at the next meeting please?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I know about the Darwen end being open for Covid testing. 

But why has the Blackburn End/Riverside side of the ground, main reception, JW Stand and the club shop been completely shuttered up tho? @only2garnershas this been discussed at the fans forum and if not can it be mention at the next meeting please?

Presumably on the basis of cost and the fact most staff have been or are on furlough. 

If it was me the outside of the ground would still be accessible and the Reception would be open to demonstrate a presence and the fact we're still in business.

The Club Shop should imo be re-opening as well on April 12th when non-essential retail is allowed to open. 

Anyone know if that's the case?

• Like 1

The new training ground will be a soft play area and a Toby carvery off the m65. 🤣. Good lad. 

* It is refreshing when people, particularly in the public eye, can see rovers for the shambles that we are. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The new training ground will be a soft play area and a Toby carvery off the m65. 🤣. Good lad. 

* It is refreshing when people, particularly in the public eye, can see rovers for the shambles that we are. 

We needn’t be a shambles though, it’s about time that WE got our pride back!

WE all hate this shit, WE’re Blackburn fecking Rovers FC...The Pride of Lancashire!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We needn’t be a shambles though, it’s about time that WE got our pride back!

WE all hate this shit, WE’re Blackburn fecking Rovers FC...The Pride of Lancashire!!!

Agreed. We don’t need to be a shambles but with incompetent absentee owners, a hapless ceo and a self serving manager all we’ll ever be is a shambolic embarrassment and a punchline. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Agreed. We don’t need to be a shambles but with incompetent absentee owners, a hapless ceo and a self serving manager all we’ll ever be is a shambolic embarrassment and a punchline. 

Half right..WE couldn’t half do sommat for the betterment of BRFC, with the owners’ brass though!...,

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Genuine question and IMO, extremely important:

Why have all the ‘owners’ of BRFCS not wholeheartedly backed and vehemently supported, RevidgeBlue’s open letter?

Why is it not pinned?....

I’ve signed it, wasn’t aware I had to shout from the rooftops about it tbh.

Speaking for myself, I don’t always view the site in as much detail as everyone else, due to time constraints. I have a job and other commitments as well in fairness.

I imagine the other mods are the same. 
Only many of them have children and partners, so they will probably have less time than me. 
It’s really not helpful to be divisive like this to be honest. We all do things in our own way.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Speaking for myself, I don’t always view the site in as much detail as everyone else, due to time constraints. I have a job and other commitments as well in fairness.

Only many of them have children and partners, so they will probably have less time than me. 
It’s really not helpful to be divisive like this to be honest. We all do things in our own way.

Hardly divisive, a genuine question!

We all have ‘jobs’ and livings to make, why do you feel you’re different than everyone else? 

You didn’t answer the question posed by the way, similar to The Lancs Telegraph....funny that!

Edited by darrenrover

47 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Not enough by a mile!... 

Approaching 20k reads in 4 days but everyone who’s already read but failed to sign up, needs to revisit and do so!

Partly our fault for not putting the signature option in at first probably.

We missed the first 10k or so reads.

People's reaction to it is probably the most important thing and it seems to have been generally very well received from what I can see.

I am also extremely gratified by the personal messages of thanks and support I have received. Many thanks to everyone  for those and it is good to know many are so appreciative of our efforts.

Every gesture of support is much appreciated. however small, and I would endorse the request to take a minute to nip back and sign the letter if you liked it but haven't signed yet,

Whilst we have been initially successful in introducing previously undiscussed questions into the public domain it's also  still extremely early days and It's possible this issue will run for a considerable amount of time. There might also be various twists and turns as more information comes to light.

In the meantime please keep sharing the letter to your Rovers supporting or football loving friends and colleagues.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think this is part of the problem at Rovers over the last 10 years, to be honest.

Even in the darkest days of Kean et al, we didn’t have all fans on the same side. Barring relegation day chanting - which he brushed off as easily as calling until “the 1% who could[n’t] see what he was trying to do) - we (“the protesters”) never united against them and had the “super fan mentality” to contend with. There are still these people out there even now - assuming they aren’t club plants or relatives of club staff - who think Mowbray should be backed.

”We all do things in our own way” does not help to create any groundswell of pressure and keeps us divided under the guise of free will. We need to be together on this - it might be our last chance to salvage what Jack left for us.

Even this morning, I was thinking about the 18 min and 75 min protest all those years ago now. All fans had to do was miss the start and end of a single game (but given the numbers we could have all fit on the concourse to watch it) as a show of numbers who were not happy with what was happening - and the majority could not even do that. We were being absolutely taken the piss out of any people would not stick together. Too many factions in our fanbase who “don’t like being told what to do by certain people”. Even for the greater good. It’s almost like a feudalist society where each group will smite the other rather than the common enemy.

We need the likes of BRFCS, Ewood Blues, Rovers Trust et al to be meeting up without Waggott holding the gavel and deciding what they want the future of the club to look like and making sure that they are held to account to get us there.

We need a William Wallace to unite us all, remind folk what we have to lose, and to instil a bit of passion but ultimately the leaders and elders in each tribe need to agree some common ground.

Right now, we are seeing poor, losing football, and hearing about detailed plans to sell the club’s Crown Jewels, while at the same time there being no visible plans which demonstrate the supposed purpose of the change: an improved academy. How can it be improved when it hasn’t even been designed? At best, that’s an aspiration, not a plan.

Everyone who agrees with Rev’s letter should be prepared to sign up to it. They should be prepared to display it and to distribute links to it (where they have a forum to do so).

If there are people out there who don’t agree with it, let’s hear the counter argument(s)...

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think this is part of the problem at Rovers over the last 10 years, to be honest.

Even in the darkest days of Kean et al, we didn’t have all fans on the same side. Barring relegation day chanting - which he brushed off as easily as calling until “the 1% who could[n’t] see what he was trying to do) - we (“the protesters”) never united against them and had the “super fan mentality” to contend with. There are still these people out there even now - assuming they aren’t club plants or relatives of club staff - who think Mowbray should be backed.

”We all do things in our own way” does not help to create any groundswell of pressure and keeps us divided under the guise of free will. We need to be together on this - it might be our last chance to salvage what Jack left for us.

Even this morning, I was thinking about the 18 min and 75 min protest all those years ago now. All fans had to do was miss the start and end of a single game (but given the numbers we could have all fit on the concourse to watch it) as a show of numbers who were not happy with what was happening - and the majority could not even do that. We were being absolutely taken the piss out of any people would not stick together. Too many factions in our fanbase who “don’t like being told what to do by certain people”. Even for the greater good. It’s almost like a feudalist society where each group will smite the other rather than the common enemy.

We need the likes of BRFCS, Ewood Blues, Rovers Trust et al to be meeting up without Waggott holding the gavel and deciding what they want the future of the club to look like and making sure that they are held to account to get us there.

We need a William Wallace to unite us all, remind folk what we have to lose, and to instil a bit of passion but ultimately the leaders and elders in each tribe need to agree some common ground.

Right now, we are seeing poor, losing football, and hearing about detailed plans to sell the club’s Crown Jewels, while at the same time there being no visible plans which demonstrate the supposed purpose of the change: an improved academy. How can it be improved when it hasn’t even been designed? At best, that’s an aspiration, not a plan.

Everyone who agrees with Rev’s letter should be prepared to sign up to it. They should be prepared to display it and to distribute links to it (where they have a forum to do so).

If there are people out there who don’t agree with it, let’s hear the counter argument(s)...

If I could like it twice Stuart, I would do so!

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Genuine question and IMO, extremely important:

Why have all the ‘owners’ of BRFCS not wholeheartedly backed and vehemently supported, RevidgeBlue’s open letter?

Why is it not pinned?....

I’ve signed it.

BRFCS can’t back it, because we can’t speak on behalf of everyone that contributes. BRFCS isn’t a club or a membership.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

On reflection, it's been another bad decision bringing the Coventrio in or a shrewd plan by Venkys. Take your pick. Either way it's been a catastrophe for the club. 

Too right.

A few other people have already mentioned it but at least Kean/Coyle didn't try to flog off the Club's infrastructure.

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The bottom line for me is that our fans haven't had the unity and/or the clout that, for example, Liverpool's  fans had when they succeeded in ousting Hicks and Gillette.

They had so many media luvvies involved that they could embarrass H&G publicly. Remember the video montage?

We have to do it without that. The FF are a key component to that unity.

11 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

The bottom line for me is that our fans haven't had the unity and/or the clout that, for example, Liverpool's  fans had when they succeeded in ousting Hicks and Gillette.

I’ve said it before - I’m not sure how it’s happened, or when it happened, but in my experience the majority of Rovers fans are now so dismayed with the club that they can’t be bothered to put up a fight. Or they’re talkers. They say they’ll do something, then find excuses when it’s on the horizon. I was up for it - especially during Kean - but I found it so frustrating trying to gather enough active support to force change. 

In my opinion, this next step of downscaling the Training facilities will go ahead without much of a scene. I wish there was thousands pushing for Mowbray to be removed. I wish there was even more demanding change in the boardroom. I wish everyone was stood outside the training ground and protesting with local residents. But it won’t happen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve signed it.

BRFCS can’t back it, because we can’t speak on behalf of everyone that contributes. BRFCS isn’t a club or a membership.

Could you not have pinned it Josh?....you know, like other important stuff that you pin 🙄

For the record, in our lifetime of supporting Blackburn Rovers, there will never be a more important topic. (IMO)

• Like 1