BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Could you not have pinned it Josh?....you know, like other important stuff that you pin 🙄

For the record, in our lifetime of supporting Blackburn Rovers, there will never be a more important topic. (IMO)

I can’t pin a specific post - but if you start a thread with it, we can pin that thread. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve signed it.

BRFCS can’t back it, because we can’t speak on behalf of everyone that contributes. BRFCS isn’t a club or a membership.

It’s an interesting point.

BRFCS has always been different from other forums in that it has (mostly) allowed opposing view points and made itself relatively impartial.

The question is, as a standard bearer for the club, at this moment in our history, should BRFCS be carrying the banner (literally and metaphorically) more visibly?

I’m glad you’ve backed Rev on this. And I’d add that Rev and I still regularly disagree on some things but I’m firmly in his (our) corner on this one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’ve said it before - I’m not sure how it’s happened, or when it happened, but in my experience the majority of Rovers fans are now so dismayed with the club that they can’t be bothered to put up a fight. I was up for it - especially during Kean - but I found it so frustrating trying to gather enough active support to force change. 

In my opinion, this next step of downscaling the Training facilities will go ahead without much of a scene. I wish there was thousands pushing for Mowbray to be removed. I wish there was even more demanding change in the boardroom. I wish everyone was stood outside the training ground and protesting with local residents. But it won’t happen. 

To be fair nothing can happen , ( it probably wouldn't anyway) no crowd on any ground , lockdown laws , they are  making any objections very difficult ...

A perfect storm created !!

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

To be fair nothing can happen , ( it probably wouldn't anyway) no crowd on any ground , lockdown laws , they are  making any objections very difficult ...

A perfect storm created !!

Course there could. There could be thousands of letters of complaint being sent to Waggott and Pasha. There could be protests safely at Ewood and Brockhall. There’s tonnes of options. I’ve got Balaji and Suhail’s phone number in my phone, plenty of others do. They’re not impossible to contact. 

6 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Fans Forum? Toothless and a patsy for the club.

That statement doesn’t help.

As individuals they all care about the club. They need a real focus - ideally while we still have something to keep hold of and before that focus becomes shaking buckets outside Ewood.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s an interesting point.

BRFCS has always been different from other forums in that it has (mostly) allowed opposing view points and made itself relatively impartial.

The question is, as a standard bearer for the club, at this moment in our history, should BRFCS be carrying the banner (literally and metaphorically) more visibly?

I’m glad you’ve backed Rev on this. And I’d add that Rev and I still regularly disagree on some things but I’m firmly in his (our) corner on this one.

We’re not going down the road of speaking on behalf of other people. It’s messy, it’s complicated, it’s not fair and it’s not what we signed up for.

This is solely a platform for people to use, for free, to discuss Rovers with likeminded people. It’s not a group, or a club and nobody gets any different treatment to anyone else. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That statement doesn’t help.

As individuals they all care about the club. They need a real focus - ideally while we still have something to keep hold of and before that focus becomes shaking buckets outside Ewood.

Agreed. Part of the problem in my opinion was there where too many groups. Too much ego and too much self serving. The only way to make a real statement is in numbers and the only way that anyone is going to get the numbers is by uniting numerous different groups. It’s quite the task. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think it will.

(Without a scene that is)

In my opinion, thousands will say they oppose it, hundreds will protest it and around 100 will really go out of their way to stop it. That’s just not enough. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

Agreed. Part of the problem in my opinion was there where too many groups. Too much ego and too much self serving. The only way to make a real statement is in numbers and the only way that anyone is going to get the numbers is by uniting numerous different groups. It’s quite the task. 

I agree entirely and some of them couldn't (and probably still can't) see the woods for the trees. 

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’re not going down the road of speaking on behalf of other people. It’s messy, it’s complicated, it’s not fair and it’s not what we signed up for.

This is solely a platform for people to use, for free, to discuss Rovers with likeminded people. It’s not a group, or a club and nobody gets any different treatment to anyone else. 

I can respect that it’s not what you signed up for but some have greatness thrust upon them. You have the power (via your mod team) to control the volume and temperature of what people say on here. With that power comes a level of responsibility.

The club will surely see BRFCS as a fan group, even if you don’t, and that it has a BRFCS “spokesperson” who attends their Fans Forum meetings.

Has it been explained to Waggott that BRFCS is not a representative group but more of a meeting place, like a “fans forum” akin to the fans forum itself? And that the person attending does not provide any representative input?

And that being so should “BRFCS” be at these meetings at all? Or am I incorrect in what I believe that the fans forum to be and what I expect Waggott will claim it is when he ticks the box for the FA about supporter group engagement?

All genuine questions, by the way, NOT digs at you or the admin.

Things seem to be quite delicate for a number of groups who want to maintain, or aspire to have, a particular relationship with the club. This may never happen though and instead everyone watches as the whole thing is dismantled in between tea and custard creams on a Tuesday every month.

The FF, i.e. it’s attendees, should be holding Waggott to account. Right now they could, dare I say should, be insisting on being part of an adult discussion about Cat 1 planning pre-land sale and about a supporter-friendly ticket pricing initiatives to get people back rather than about kit designs and catering supplies - or the entire group should be boycotting the meetings/zoom calls and writing to the FA, to BwD council, and to our local MP, to explain why.

Given that the attendees ,by and large, are affiliated with certain independent fan groups, who all know each other and all have the club’s best interests at heart, it should not be beyond the wit of man or woman to achieve.

8 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

If it's anything like Venkys out which should have been supported by all Rovers fans then it will be without a scene bar the residents at Brockhall unfortunately

Depends what you're after.

If you want 10,000 people with pitchforks and torches causing mayhem outside Ewood Park it probably isn't going to happen.

If you want some of us to completely destroy the footballing arguments in favour of this proposed scheme I think that can be done.

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If you want 10,000 people with pitchforks and torches causing mayhem outside Ewood Park it probably isn't going to happen.

If you want some of us to completely destroy the footballing arguments in favour of this proposed scheme I think that can be done.

They’re not stupid Rev. They don’t truly believe reducing the training ground size will improve the facilities. That’s why you need the pitchforks trump card. 

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry rev but if fans couldn't see or have the appitite to have their voices heard even when it was and still is obvious that the Venkys aren't fit be be owners then the numbers objecting to Brockhall will be nominal.

As for pitchforks and torches not the people I know, just wanted our club back, but that horses has bolted.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Hardly divisive, a genuine question!

We all have ‘jobs’ and livings to make, why do you feel you’re different than everyone else? 

You didn’t answer the question posed by the way, similar to The Lancs Telegraph....funny that!

JB has explained why we can’t. 

I don’t think I’m different to anyone else, it also wouldn’t hurt for you to simmer down a bit and address the people that run this site for free a bit more respectfully either.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

They’re not stupid Rev. They don’t truly believe reducing the training ground size will improve the facilities. That’s why you need the pitchforks trump card. 

I would say personally the trump card would be if the Coventrio have spun the owners a line about the quality of this seemingly fictitious new facility and making sure all the real information is before them directly.

Of course. that much isn't entirely clear yet but will no doubt become apparent  in due course.

3 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Correct. The bottom line for me is that our fans haven't had the unity and/or the clout that, for example, Liverpool's  fans had when they succeeded in ousting Hicks and Gillette.

Difference there is when Liverpool fans said they were going to boycott Barclays that potentially could have a massive effect on their business.  We might have slowed trade in one branch for a day or two.

With Venkys and their businesses being so far away we've never had any specific targets.  Apart from Kean obviously who was quite willing to have it painted on his back whilst he held out for his millions. 

Plus now just as back then half our remaining fanbase NEVER wake up to what is right under their noses until it's too late.  Very easy to unite our lot when the club is going places though !

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

JB has explained why we can’t. 

I don’t think I’m different to anyone else, it also wouldn’t hurt for you to simmer down a bit and address the people that run this site for free a bit more respectfully either.

I'm sorry but pot, kettle, black?

You know better K-Hod, or at least you bloody well should do!

I'll leave it there!

2 hours ago, J*B said:

That's fine then, as far as I'm concerned. At least that is established.

All I have ever tried to do, was do my best to involve any interested parties..Josh, Mike, Herbie and K-hod, you ALL know that to have been the case over the past few months!

So, solely a platform it is in future and will be, on a needs to know basis.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!