BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

22 hours ago, Blue blood said:

With TM still in post after 1 win in 14 it shouts out that he is here for non footballing reasons. And that got me thinking - what's his role in this? 

It's clear Waggott is the business part of it and Venus has links with property developers and the like. I am beginning to suspect TM is the face of the project to ease fans fears and get support for the project. What if all this man of integrity, honest working chap guff isn't just self preservation but an image to project to fans to help smooth the way for the training ground project? As in such an honest guy endorses it, then it must be ok type thing. And up till very recently, and perhaps still, TM has that persona with large swathes of the fan base. After all he's not short on other excuses for why we are crap. And why else keep a manager who is abjectly failing? Maybe "Honest Tony" is the PR for the project. 

(I’m not stalking you honest!)

Not for me. IMO Tony is a spent force, bitter and holding our for a pay-off, while taking a wage and saving up for his kids to go to university. He’s old school and has a view of what football should be instead of what modern football is. He believes in loyalty and hard work, and being a benevolent dictator with dissenting voices moved on and an ethos of trying to keep his players happy and onside.

The training ground land sale combined with errant owners smacks of opportunism.

The only way it possibly fits is if it’s part of a plan by a certain agency that happens to have influence in who ends up as manager at Ewood. But then why now, not earlier? A ten year sting with lots of different actors coming and going at just the right time to create the right conditions in the fanbase to accept anything Uncle Tony tells us? Sounds unlikely.

All of this stops though if Venkys listen to the right people and act. Such a shame they alienated John Williams or they could have used him for consultancy. Still could but they would have to swallow their pride.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

(I’m not stalking you honest!)

Not for me. IMO Tony is a spent force, bitter and holding our for a pay-off, while taking a wage and saving up for his kids to go to university. He’s old school and has a view of what football should be instead of what modern football is. He believes in loyalty and hard work, and being a benevolent dictator with dissenting voices moved on and an ethos of trying to keep his players happy and onside.

The training ground land sale combined with errant owners smacks of opportunism.

The only way it possibly fits is if it’s part of a plan by a certain agency that happens to have influence in who ends up as manager at Ewood. But then why now, not earlier? A ten year sting with lots of different actors coming and going at just the right time to create the right conditions in the fanbase to accept anything Uncle Tony tells us? Sounds unlikely.

All of this stops though if Venkys listen to the right people and act. Such a shame they alienated John Williams or they could have used him for consultancy. Still could but they would have to swallow their pride.

For me the similarities at Coventry make the Brockhall thing a purely Waggott/Mowbray/ Venus driven initiative.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For me the similarities at Coventry make the Brockhall thing a purely Waggott/Mowbray/ Venus driven initiative.

But surely not part of a plan before they arrived...

26 minutes ago, Stuart said:

But surely not part of a plan before they arrived...

I think that's a bit naive Stuart, if you don't mind me saying.

Read Rev's open letter and excellent research, take particular note of comments and dates. Then revisit....

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly.

All the more reason why a lame duck/dead man walking manager should have no input whatsoever on the future direction of our training facilities/Brockhall.

A new coaching regime might have a completely different view.

I struggle to imagine that they wouldn't. Unless it comes as a condition of getting the job, which under Maggott it would.

• Like 2

Spoke to a group of friends about all of this last night and one replied, he didn’t realise it was about them wanting to sell part of Brockhall, underhandedly to get money. One replied, oh I didn’t know it was about that. I couldn’t believe what he said, asking what do you think this has all been about and why fans are angry. He did t reply. Shocking, I thought!! Are some people really that in the dark? Amazing!!!

Edited by Moptop1

2 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Spoke to a group of friends about all of this last night and one replied, he didn’t realise it was about them wanting to sell part of Brockhall, underhandedly to get money. One replied, oh I didn’t know it was about that. I couldn’t believe what he said, asking what do you think this has all been about and why fans are angry. He did t reply. Shocking, I thought!! Are some people really that in the dark? Amazing!!!

They clearly are pal....that's why education of those unaware is so important.

If the facts are presented as are/is, then everyone can make their own minds up.....

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry @Stuart I mean in the context of this (which Rev sums up better than me) the trio making the plan and this being TM's role in it. Not saying this is why he was appointed originally but this is what I think his role has been in this illicit scheme. Let's play up the honest man guff and use that to keep fans onside.

I see that England will be playing two friendly fixtures at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium and using their Rockliffe training ground as their base. Like us, they have training facilities fit for international level. Not for long though when Waggott gets his way.

Clearly an inside job with the Southgate connection there but it annoys me that we never seem to be in line for Ewood to host international games. 

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I see that England will be playing two friendly fixtures at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium and using their Rockliffe training ground as their base. Like us, they have training facilities fit for international level. Not for long though when Waggott gets his way.

Clearly an inside job with the Southgate connection there but it annoys me that we never seem to be in line for Ewood to host international games. 

That would involve fully opening all four stands and would be far too much hassle for our CEO and the local Constabulary.

• Like 2

I know someone who used to be employed by the club and knows a lot of staff and how the club is run.  They are almost certain Waggott was hired with almost the intention of selling off the land at Brockhall and downgrading and skimping (this is speculation btw).  One thing that isn’t speculation however... and this is coming from someone who had access to information on the company accounts... guess how much he’s on a year... £300k.  For comparison, Williams and Finn were on less than that COMBINED.   

8 minutes ago, mustard said:

I know someone who used to be employed by the club and knows a lot of staff and how the club is run.  They are almost certain Waggott was hired with almost the intention of selling off the land at Brockhall and downgrading and skimping (this is speculation btw).  One thing that isn’t speculation however... and this is coming from someone who had access to information on the company accounts... guess how much he’s on a year... £300k.  For comparison, Williams and Finn were on less than that COMBINED.   

This is why when people are saying there's a root and branch clearout coming in summer i'm convinced it's by him not starting with him.

The only way he knows how to do things is down grading and cutting costs. That's why he was at Charlton and Coventry. Clubs on the way down adjusting to a low income existence. 

Now he's here with billionaire owners but pitching his down scale, squeeze everything you have methods. Then he'll be gone with a nice fat pension and maybe bonuses in his pocket.

Not a good situation at all and of course it means Mowbray remains here. Another only suited to lower end deadbeat stuff.

This really could end with another relegation and a load of money in from player sales and land sales.  That side of it probably appeals to some parts of the ownership if not others.

Dangerous people.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

Is this what @Mercer was alluding to when he said it was bigger than just Mowbray being binned? (Something along those lines anyway)

Well now it will be!

• Like 8