BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Are we TOTALLY out of the woods ? 🤔

B84D081F-69B6-4E70-8251-476F269747FF.jpeg

“current form” worries me....

I completely understand why you would think this Ian, but I do think you might be reading too much into what is essentially a face-saving statement.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is that not just a face saving statement as it’s kicked into the long grass?

Not necessarily, having experience in this field that statement is used regularly, sometimes it can be used as a face saving statement and sometimes it can be that they will go away and tweak it to try again in the future. 

Hopefully it is the former.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

Well done to the residents, the letter writers and the general opposers of the scheme.

However, isn't it unbelievable that the statement tries to paint the picture that this whole thing was designed to strengthen the club? More utter bilge for the FB illuminati to pull themselves daft over.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 3

“As part of the planning process, we ran a comprehensive public consultation to explore the views of the supporters and local residents about the initial proposals and to understand more about what matters to our fanbase and the community in Brockhall and Old Langho"

translation: Waggott was totally out of touch with the fans and the local community around Brockhall. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not necessarily, having experience in this field that statement is used regularly, sometimes it can be used as a face saving statement and sometimes it can be that they will go away and tweak it to try again in the future. 

Possibly, certainly something to be cognisant of if this shower remain in situ. But the fact it’s been withdrawn as quickly as it was proposed will hopefully mean there’s more removals to come.

Edited by Mattyblue

Just now, arbitro said:

It's reassuring to know we still have fans who care and put some pressure on Waggott and Co in various ways. Even a post on this message board will have helped so nobody should underestimate their involvement. Special appreciation to Revidgeblue for his forensic work in putting the excellent letter together. I also know others have been active in the background so thanks to you also.

Fans 1 - Coventrio 0

I sent the Letter to David Conn, Henry Winter and Gary Lineker.

I have no idea why I sent it to Gary Lineker. It makes no sense. 

• Like 8

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

One step at a time, I think this is fantastic news personally.

I'm over the moon.

Thought you would be.

As Arbitro said, your letter would have played its part. 

Well done Simon.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

“As part of the planning process, we ran a comprehensive public consultation to explore the views of the supporters and local residents about the initial proposals and to understand more about what matters to our fanbase and the community in Brockhall and Old Langho"

translation: Waggott was totally out of touch with the fans and the local community around Brockhall. 

I actually translated that as "we got busted & then got our pants pulled down when someone looked into the details"

As others have said, well done to all who put in a lot of hard work. 👋

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One step at a time, I think this is fantastic news personally.

I'm over the moon.

You should pour yourself a glass of something nice Simon. You should also never have to buy a drink at Ewood ever again. Well done mate!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Here Endeth 1 conspiracy theory!

Now for gods sake remove the cancer running through the management 🤬

If we see certain individuals also removed in coming days, then ‘conspiracy theory’, it wasn’t.

• Like 3