BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's reassuring to know we still have fans who care and put some pressure on Waggott and Co in various ways. Even a post on this message board will have helped so nobody should underestimate their involvement. Special appreciation to Revidgeblue for his forensic work in putting the excellent letter together. I also know others have been active in the background so thanks to you also.

Fans 1 - Coventrio 0

Bang on. Though striking that it had to be fans picking up the baton and doing the investigative job of spineless local ‘journalists’

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I actually translated that as "we got busted & then got our pants pulled down when someone looked into the detailI 

I would like to think that's the case, not to blow our own trumpet, but purely from the point of view it makes it somewhat less likely the scheme will be revisited in the foreseeable future.

Thanks to Den and CLB for the ideas and support.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Well done to all those who opposed this, whether publicly or by doing diligent work in the background. Hopefully this isn't the last bit of good news we get this week.....

Yes!!! Well done all.

• Like 1

This is obviously very good news.

Quite how the change of heart will have come about is not clear at the moment. This won't be a popular suggestion but is it possible that Tony Mowbray objected to the proposal on the grounds that it was going to make team preparation harder and the Raos then listened to him.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s a turn up for the books. Something must have come up to do such an about turn. It’s not like him to listen to the fans so I reckon some sort of opposition has come from somewhere with regards the sale / development of the land. 

I was in contact with one of the local residents who had instructed planning consultants of his own and they were both absolutely bang on the money.

Apart from fans opposition there would have been some extremely compelling arguments from them to overcome and I'm sure there will be again if the scheme is ever revisited!

• Like 4

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Quite how the change of heart will have come about is not clear at the moment. This won't be a popular suggestion but is it possible that Tony Mowbray objected to the proposal on the grounds that it was going to make team preparation harder and the Raos then listened to him.

You genuinely have to be a club plant. To turn this news round to try and give Mowbray credit is so poor.

Well done to all involved (not tony pissing Mowbray)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

To be fair, Mowbray said he thought it was a good idea to have everything under one roof.

• Like 3

Fantastic news.

Well done to everyone who opposed the proposals and especially the people who put a lot of time into the research and the letter. A united fan base can have a positive effect after all!

I wonder if Waggott crumbled under the pressure or if Venky's got word of the unrest and advised him to drop the idea after initially approving it?

Either way it's great news and hopefully the whole thing is dead in the water.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, den said:

My thoughts are with Tony.

He now has to continue the depressing task of walking between two sites.

Get him a sedan chair with Waggott and Venus to carry it.

😁😁😁😁

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The mental gymnastics you go through for Tone is something to behold. 

• Like 7

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Kie_BRFC said:

I’ll await my ban then.

But while I’m waiting, I’d just like to thank tony mowbray for creating the covid vaccine and solving world hunger. What a man

I don't think you need to worry.

• Like 2

Taken in the wrong way!

Absolute credit to those involved, for their thoughts, views and will to win in the name of the club.

Disproves conspiracy theories of plants on the forum!

Now then if there is a second way of bringing fans together, it’s the removal of this trio of clowns.

Rebuild the club, sort the ground and pitch out, sort out the contracts of the players were want to keep like Ryan N, JRC and Holtby and Armstrong. 

Start promoting the season ticket sales and plans going forward.

Start involving the fans more akin to Mansfield and their kit choices.

In fact, sort out the whole Shabang of the shit show we have become🤬

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He was all in favour of the downscale.

Give over Mashed!!🙄

• Like 1

Big thanks to Rev and other contributors who have the long term welfare of this club at heart. Maybe the force of change was the letter, maybe it was the residents of The Ribble Calley......whatever or  whoever...we have an example of people power ....maybe, just maybe.....this can be the beginning of the end for the 3 ..