BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One step at a time, I think this is fantastic news personally.

I'm over the moon.

So you should be...I’m just fearful that we may need to fight a war & this is merely the first skirmish...but as you say, an early victory & a welcome one in the current circs...👍🏻

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Taken in the wrong way!

Absolute credit to those involved, for their thoughts, views and will to win in the name of the club.

Disproves conspiracy theories of plants on the forum!

Now then if there is a second way of bringing fans together, it’s the removal of this trio of clowns.

Rebuild the club, sort the ground and pitch out, sort out the contracts of the players were want to keep like Ryan N, JRC and Holtby and Armstrong. 

Start promoting the season ticket sales and plans going forward.

Start involving the fans more akin to Mansfield and their kit choices.

In fact, sort out the whole Shabang of the shit show we have become🤬

"Trio of clowns"

Amen to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Well done Simon. Mine and den’s names were added to the initial letter but I don’t want that to fool anyone. It was certainly nothing to do with me. The credit is all yours and I think the letter went a very long way in forcing the club to come to its decision. Well done mate. 

Dead right CLB.

All I did was lend the use of my name.

The letter and ideas were completely down to Rev.

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

So you should be...I’m just fearful that we may need to fight a war & this is merely the first skirmish...but as you say, an early victory & a welcome one in the current circs...👍🏻

Like I say (Ian?) some of the residents are very well prepared should it be revisited.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I hope you know posting your stupid suggestion is against forum rules.

You mean a stupid suggestion like suggesting the manager who is on record of saying he was in favour of it, who worked with as part of the trio who did this scheme at another club previously, who obviously knew about it before it was outed and hadn't kiboshed it until there was a groundswell of opinion against it - you mean like suggesting he was the one who stopped it happening? 

I mean I can't think of many stupider suggestions that are so easily disprovable. 

• Like 8

Balaji has rumbled them.  He's sent the heavies in and Mowbrays lying nose is twice as big.  It must be a matter of time now.  Waggot selling the plans and now he's been gazumped.  Untenable position and take yer man with you.

Johnson and Duffer until the summer, Wilder or Keane to come in and kick the shit out the players.

• Like 2

I've only seen seen headline that it's been shelved. Do we know who shelved it? 

My optimistic side hoped that one of the venkys has put a stop to it because there's an imminent change of management (Tony and Waggot) 

• Like 1

An intriguing yet very welcome development.

Fascinating theorising as to how or why this has happened.

Was this merely a testing the water exercise to see how fans and locals would react?

Is this a precursor to the 3 stooges being booted out of the club?

Is this just a start and they'll go away, let the dust settle and come back with another scheme. I must admit some concern at the last sentence and wonder what else they might try.

Anyhow, never a dull moment, full of intrigue, some good news after a horrible few days and hopefully it will get better soon with the 3 stooges gone.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Fantastic news.

Well done to those on here ( @RevidgeBlueetc) who agitated to stop this, IMO, monstrous proposal.

Think Rovers have wasted a huge amount of money on this already - egg still drying on faces!?

You raise a very good point about the wasting of money Mercer which in the general euphoria is easy to overlook. Money is sanctioned for a project which contained lots of variables and inconsistencies yet a lack of money is cited for not keeping Ewood clean or not giving refunds for season tickets. This is something that Waggott should be accountable for.

• Like 9

It's interesting that nobody ever puts their name to these club statements. 

It states they have listened to feedback from the consultation process ( which was very hurriedly announced after the plans were leaked ) - so why on earth not consult the fans and stakeholders before wasting tens/hundreds of thousands of pounds drawing up and submitting the plans in the first place. Whoever is responsible needs sacking for that alone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, den said:

My thoughts are with Tony.

He now has to continue the depressing task of walking between two sites.

We can get the old codger a golf cart ™️

Well I expect ™️ will be looking even more miserable on Saturday as he watches his beautiful performing team strut their stuff in our half at Cardiff. Hopefully it's a rollover week so at least the trio of charlatans can have some hope of millions back. I will assume this is why Pasha came and whilst everyone has thanked those involved (I do too), I think Pasha and the Venkys also need some credit here too. The best part of all is that them stopping this ridiculous idea suggests that they want our club to be successful again and not just here to rape and pillage. This for me is good news as we have long wondered and now we have a good indication that they want what is best for our club. 👍

Thank you Pasha and the Venkys.

• Like 4

This is good news but it comes to a thing where good things are just maintaining something we already have and preventing the club trashing jacks legacy. The club has embarrassed itself here, yet again, and it’s in an area it never needed to. Half baked ideas that were at best unlikely and worst totally delusional. Also nice to know there’s fans out there still willing to stand up to those in the club who are not fit for purpose. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

One step at a time, I think this is fantastic news personally.

I'm over the moon.

Yes excellent news Rev. Thankyou for writing the letter aswell which I signed. I hope you still send it in to Waggott. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes hopefully.

This must be the most enormous embarrassment for Waggott.

Given that so much store was set by not providing plans of any alleged new training facility, because it was supposedly too expensive, how much money must we have wasted progressing the scheme this far only to bin it?

Plus Waggott has needlessly alienated the local residents near Brockhall who previously were quite happy with the relationship between themselves and the Club.

A trio of sackings to follow and this would be a fantastic weekend regardless of the result tomorrow.

The trio should be sack immediate. 

Even proposing this idea was wrong and embarrassing for the club. I'm pleased that fans and residents told the club how we felt. 

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That’s a turn up for the books. Something must have come up to do such an about turn. It’s not like him to listen to the fans so I reckon some sort of opposition has come from somewhere with regards the sale / development of the land. 

I think its the owners who have played a part by rejecting the proposals cos we would lose the Academy status of Cat 1 and they have invested all the time in making sure we keep this every season and we meet all the criteria. Plus Pasha is here which has causes problems for the trio. Also they have upset the Brockhall residents massively plus alot of the fans 

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

This is obviously very good news.

Quite how the change of heart will have come about is not clear at the moment. This won't be a popular suggestion but is it possible that Tony Mowbray objected to the proposal on the grounds that it was going to make team preparation harder and the Raos then listened to him.

Mowbray wanted to move the senior team down to the academy site full time despite the Senior training centre being state of the art facility for ages. I think he is obsess with people watching training from their houses and he believe training should be out of sight of people.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

This is obviously very good news.

Quite how the change of heart will have come about is not clear at the moment. This won't be a popular suggestion but is it possible that Tony Mowbray objected to the proposal on the grounds that it was going to make team preparation harder and the Raos then listened to him.

Glad you see it as good news but as for the rest as usual you are probably 5000 miles off the mark.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wouldn't be surprised if plan b is to flog the whole lot next and rebuild smaller somewhere cheaper.

There'll be a few noses out of joint with this possibly.

I'd be happy if we sold and rebuilt on a huge plot to combine the 2. 

But not downsize and combine that makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'd be happy if we sold and rebuilt on a huge plot to combine the 2. 

But not downsize and combine that makes no sense at all.

I wouldn't because it would still be a down scale.

Simple fact of all this is that's what it was, i love the way they've changed the name to training ground investment scheme !  What a set of wankers they really are down there these days.

What they have already is somewhat of a jewel in the crown at the heart of BRFC. If they'd any real intention of 'investment scheme' they would upgrade whatever it is needed as it is and make the most of the fantastic stuff they have.  Making it better should be the aim not stream line it on the whim of a low end football consultant and bread and nutter manager who's trying to con everyone he's a second tier Pep.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1