BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wouldn't be surprised if plan b is to flog the whole lot next and rebuild smaller somewhere cheaper.

There'll be a few noses out of joint with this possibly.

I wouldn't have thought that the land is worth that much now.

If they now can't build houses on it, what other use is there for it?

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I wouldn't have thought that the land is worth that much now.

If they now can't build houses on it, what other use is there for it?

I could maybe see the whole site or a larger part of it getting passed if they were moving the training ground and everything off it.

They might have to leave it empty for a while first though.  Hopefully this is the end of the nonsense and it really was just a Waggot and co driven whim.

• Like 1

Anyone think the following happened;-

1) Waggott approached Venky's and said he could make them some easy money selling Brockhall and that it would be for the benefit of the team?

2) Venky's bought it and said 'yes'

3) Waggott tried to crack on in private but was rumbled.

4) Venky's are shocked by uproar and send Pasha over to knock it on the head. 

End of the day a sizeable potion of our fanbase have always been embarrassingly naive, we’ve seen it throughout this era. Clough is a prime example of it, taking the claptrap he reads from ‘the club’ at face value instead of using his eyes and reading between the lines (obviously he fit in well at the LT with that mindset).

Luckily we still have plenty more like Rev et al that does the heavy lifting for them.

• Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

End of the day a sizeable potion of our fanbase have always been embarrassingly naive, we’ve seen it throughout this era. Clough is a prime example of it, taking the claptrap he reads from ‘the club’ at face value instead of using his eyes and reading between the lines (obviously he fit in well at the LT with that mindset).

Luckily we still have plenty more like Rev et al that does the heavy lifting for them.

I'm not sure he even believes it. Probably just wants a job at Rovers. 

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Journo wants to know a bit more would be good to get some comments on his thread

B15F23A5-F14A-42DF-8D59-A755182DE404.png

Holy crap. 

It's only become "a thing" since they decided to build houses on half of Brockhall like they tried (and failed) to do at Coventry!

Otherwise we could be content with saying they were merely incompetent!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Whatever your views on this proposal, the club has run a consultation, listened to the responses and acted accordingly. Can only be viewed as a positive. #Rovers

Holy crap.

There was no sign whatsoever of a u turn when the Club ran their initial consultation period!

Only when the issues were a little more out in the open and obviously couldn't be answered!

Dan messaged me pretending to be sympathetic as well.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Holy crap.

There was no sign whatsoever of a u turn when the Club ran their initial consultation period!

Only when the issues were a little more out in the open and obviously couldn't be answered!

Do you have any more info that you can share on why it's not going ahead? it's it a specific planning issue or an intervention by the Owners etc? Or is it simply that local opposition will make it unworkable?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Holy crap.

Was merely offering to help you spread publicity about the letter by putting something together for you to send to the LT. Planned to do it this weekend but now it’s been shelved there’s no story there for them unfortunately.

49 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Replying to
I’ve always liked Waggot as chief executive, part of a positive time for Rovers alongside Mowbray prior to this current bad run.

Another belter of analysis from Clough. Because having your mate as boss is always a good thing - no conflict of interest there at all. And we aren't seeing it happen either!

And Waggott has done so much good by erm... driving up prices repeatedly, Ewood looking shiny - yep top man Mr Waggott. 

No wonder journalism is in the sewer if people think Waggot is doing a good job. Beyond belief. 

1 minute ago, dcbrfc said:

Was merely offering to help you spread publicity about the letter by putting something together for you to send to the LT. Planned to do it this weekend but now it’s been shelved there’s no story there for them unfortunately.

Genuinely, how do you think Waggott is a good thing? What's the evidence for that? 

20 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

Of course, there is. Why are you trying to spin that there is no story? How would you react were another journalist to tell you there's no story behind a piece of information?

I'm sure there are people on this board who have provided information to the journalist you tried to airbrush away - this story, that is. They will also have provided the LET with information. What Peacocks said and the material submitted to the committee is now a matter of public record.

Will this scandal force the football league into action? It has already placed us under a transfer embargo, after all.

• Like 5

Seriously who is this Dan Clough "a positive period for the club, I like Waggers?".  1 relegation, millions spunked on rubbish strikers, the ground is a mess, shafting fans with increased prices, selling the training ground, god dam awful football and I could easily go on.  Get your head out of there ^*£^£"^$(!^(

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Seriously who is this Dan Clough "a positive period for the club, I like Waggers?".  1 relegation, millions spunked on rubbish strikers, the ground is a mess, shafting fans with increased prices, selling the training ground, god dam awful football and I could easily go on.  Get your head out of there ^*£^£"^$(!^(

I believe it’s been a positive period for us generally in comparison to the preceding years under Venky’s. Certainly up until the end of January. Pre-lockdown, which let’s face it hasn’t helped the situation over the past year, the club felt more connected to the fans (in my opinion) than at any other period since the takeover. And you can’t exactly blame the chief exec for relegation, signings you’re not happy with or the style of play ...