BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

40 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Of course, there is. Why are you trying to spin that there is no story? How would you react were another journalist to tell you there's no story behind a piece of information?

I'm sure there are people on this board who have provided information to the journalist you tried to airbrush away - this story, that is. They will also have provided the LET with information. What Peacocks said and the material submitted to the committee is now a matter of public record.

Will this scandal force the football league into action? It has already placed us under a transfer embargo, after all.

I haven’t tried to airbrush anyone away. Rob’s a Rovers fan. I offered to put a piece together about the letter and, as I know what will ‘make’ in the LT, would have angled it along the lines of ‘hundreds/thousands of Rovers fans have signed a letter raising concerns at plans to sell part of Brockhall etc etc etc ...’

They have stated today they are no longer pursuing those plans.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Wouldn't be surprised if plan b is to flog the whole lot next and rebuild smaller somewhere cheaper.

There'll be a few noses out of joint with this possibly.

Here’s a message I received from a club employee this afternoon. I can’t guarantee it’s authenticity, so it’s shared with that caveat:

“If you think something stinks with this training ground stuff... you’re not alone. Long game... club to move out of Brockhall completely. This isn’t a baseless opinion. Steve vaguely mentioned it in a meeting. He’s got a big gob. ‘Blackburn with Darwen would love us there’ where his words.”

• Like 1

I think most would agree Mowbrays time, of the first few years were a positive for the club.  I think the man himself has to take a lot of credit for that but it's been clear a long time now his ceiling has been reached.

Not sure where Waggot fits into that though, pretty much an exec director was urgently needed and we got one. Like his boss though i think he was pretty quickly found out at championship level and has desperately been rooting around looking for something to justify him and his mammoth salary.

No idea what he's done behind the scenes but i'm sure he's made some contributions. However setting about to squeeze a dwindling fanbase, close more of the ground and piss of another few hundred into jacking it in, penalize those who arrive late to pay on the day. Then try and cash in half the training ground behind a veil of 'state of the art all under one smaller roof' .  I really think the game is up for him.

Throw in so many out of contract and maybe losing a few good young players because of that.  Not many ringing endorsments there are there !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Here’s a message I received from a club employee this afternoon. I can’t guarantee it’s authenticity, so it’s shared with that caveat:

“If you think something stinks with this training ground stuff... you’re not alone. Long game... club to move out of Brockhall completely. This isn’t a baseless opinion. Steve vaguely mentioned it in a meeting. He’s got a big gob. ‘Blackburn with Darwen would love us there’ where his words.”

An opinion widely shared i reckon.

This thing was a cat that got out of the bag before it went in the water. It was written all over Waggots face, he didn't get chance to grease the wheels properly before they made it public.

Seems he's been spending his time up here cosying up with the right people on the local authorities. This is the same BWD council who wouldn't let Jack Walker pay for a railways station at Ewood  !

Its stunk to high heaven from the off it's pure chancer stuff, sooner he gets his backside away from here the better. Sadly only another plonker will step in but whoever leaked this deserves to never buy another drink in his local.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Oh I have no doubt he's still scheming, he'll be smarting that he's been rumbled and will be personally affronted that the nasty fans have stood in his way. That's why I'll only be happy when he's kicked out for good along with Curly and Larry.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

I believe it’s been a positive period for us generally in comparison to the preceding years under Venky’s. Certainly up until the end of January. Pre-lockdown, which let’s face it hasn’t helped the situation over the past year, the club felt more connected to the fans (in my opinion) than at any other period since the takeover. And you can’t exactly blame the chief exec for relegation, signings you’re not happy with or the style of play ...

Hello Dan, my name is Ulrich, I am from Gelderland hehe. 

You are welcome to your opinion but I do not agree at all.  These three have hardly built bridges with the fanbase, they patronise us, they work behind our backs to lessen the club (the training ground is a prime example as that move would have cost us CAT 1 (I know that for fact)).  They remove murials of our previous stars and replace them with TM paintings a man who in reality has just returned the club to where he found it.  They talk jibberish, contradict themselves in every press conference and display no respect towards our history and never have.  How on earth you can say they made the club more connected to the fans is beyond me.  I understand your job and that you value your connection with them to fuel your paper, but alas we are your customers, not the coventrio.  They will leave and we will remain...

Ewood is a mess and has been since they arrived, dirty unclean and the catering is shocking these days.  Our time with GB was better, definitely, even Kean had us in a better position in this league and don't be blaming lockdown as in TMs own words our home fans do not help the players as we scare them (I have never heard that in football what a load of rubbish).  He has never accepted blame, alienates players (Raya, Nyambe, Travis) and it is everyones fault but his own, so again I do not see what you do, but I do get your position.  If you like I can add more for example a manager appointting his own boss (find me precedent for that).  We were better before he got here and will be better once they are gone and we get people in who are not self-serving, but serve the fans and the club, as we are the club, it is nothing without us and gates have done what during their tenure?  That is down to Waggot.  Price increases, lack of loyalty to season ticket holders during COVID and all 3 lock-downs, Ifollow viewings have plummeted,

I'm not blaming the CE for the football but his mate is the manager and TM has been on more than one bad run and wasted millions and guess what he gets flags and paitings in the Blues bar.... Mmmmm Collectively they rank alongside Coyle and Kean easily and yet you claim other wise, prices increase, fans loyalty during lock-down was not rewarded Ie season ticket buyers and then all the above that he his responsible for. 

They all need to leave ASAP and Waggot should never have been appointed, mates do not make good work colleagues, its a farce and deep down you know it too.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

Pasha, sack all three of them ASAP before they ruin your owners 200 million investment.  They've failed before at this sort of stuff and will again, all three have/had connections with building companies Mmmmm.  Nothing fishy there at all, if it swims like a fish, bubbles like a fish, then...  it's clearly a Kipper and Kippers stink.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Dan, I have no doubt that you are 100% a Rover and that you were in an invidious position when you worked for LET. 

However..... the content and context of your tweet in reply Rob Young intimated that you agreed with his notion that Rovers fans have only objected to the Brockhall plans because the team is getting dicked at the moment. 

I and many others have no other context within which to place your tweet if you and Rob have had other conversations.

Time to start being a journalist mate!

Exactly !

The work of another protecting his pals and playing Waggots narrative. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Interesting, just had a look at google maps looking where a suitable site could be in the BWD boundry. Plenty on the outskirts .

Anybody know what the plan is for the site where the North block of Witton Park school was, nothing there apart from the old car park according to the current image on google

7 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Interesting, just had a look at google maps looking where a suitable site could be in the BWD boundry. Plenty on the outskirts .

Anybody know what the plan is for the site where the North block of Witton Park school was, nothing there apart from the old car park according to the current image on google

But in footballing terms what would be the advantage? You'd just be at best replacing like for like in a different location.

If we had nothing to start with then you could understand the anxiety to acquire a new site.

However the sites we already have are as good if not better than we could get anywhere.

Am I alone in thinking the location of the training facilities at Brockhall is a major selling point for the Club in attracting players?

If we want to improve the facilities we should look at viable ways to upgrade them where they are imo.

• Like 6

For a club that has 'thought small' for well over a decade the idea of having both an academy and training ground in Premier League facilities and setting in a different local authority where top class players would feel right at home is probably something they are uncomfortable with.

Cut, cut, cut, local, local, local.

Promote from within, recruit from northern English clubs, only attract local companies as sponsors, only make efforts to engage fans from Blackburn or Darwen. It's why Accy Stanley make more effort than we do in Hyndburn.

Brockhall is one of the lasting legacies of Jack Walker's time and one of the things, along with 3/4 of Ewood, that make this club an attractive one and a PL club in waiting. This will remain the case as long as we retain them. Uncomfortable for the likes of Waggott.

Of course nonentities like Waggott promoted way beyond his station used to dealing with League Two outfits probably feels out of his depth in such surroundings.

I fully expect another scheme to rear it's ugly head in the future. Probably some low budget partnership deal with a school or the community trust all dressed up as us doing right by our local community rather than behaving as a Lancashire club for the wider region as we were and still are.

I suppose the only safety net we have is that the lower Brockhall site cannot be developed and so has minimal value should we try to sell it. The Brockhall upper site will open a can of worms with locals

• Like 8

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

If we want to improve the facilities we should look at viable ways to upgrade them where they are imo.

First question the journos should be asking Waggott in the next interview is what happens to the money Venkys were supposedly putting in on top to deliver this new 'investment project' and whether they will still stump it up now to improve the existing facilities.

Love to see his answer and excuses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

First question the journos should be asking Waggott in the next interview is what happens to the money Venkys were supposedly putting in on top to deliver this new 'investment project' and whether they will still stump it up now to improve the existing facilities.

Love to see his answer and excuses.

State of the art "stitch pitch" with new eco undersoil heating and rebuilding the Riverside.

No objections to those projects Bala... ok... thought not.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But in footballing terms what would be the advantage? You'd just be at best replacing like for like in a different location.

If we had nothing to start with then you could understand the anxiety to acquire a new site.

However the sites we already have are as good if not better than we could get anywhere.

Am I alone in thinking the location of the training facilities at Brockhall is a major selling point for the Club in attracting players?

I agree, I was just looking out of curiosity following JB's post, particularly if Waggot and BWD council have spoken about it.

The part of my post about Witton was because It was the school I went to and did not know the North block had gone until I was looking at the map

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And there’s the rub.

Great day to be a rover. Let's have it completely clear, this is down to certain fans really pushing against it all the way, doing sterling work and ensuring the best interests of the club were safe guarded. 

We owe them a huge debt of gratitude. Now, it's my birthday tomorrow. Is it too much to ask that Tony and Co get binned tomorrow. 

We have suffered long enough. Really suffered. Time for talentless parasites like Waggott to get out of this club and go somewhere more befitting of their skills. Like stacking shelves at Tesco

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 8

46 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

What about the mall in the centre? Nobody shops there anymore and the council would love to offload it. Mind you it's more likely to be square meadow and the old Moorland pitches in Darwen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LDRover said:

What about the mall in the centre? Nobody shops there anymore and the council would love to offload it. Mind you it's more likely to be square meadow and the old Moorland pitches in Darwen.

I might be tempted to support it if it was relocated to Sett End. That’d sort the men from the boys.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

State of the art "stitch pitch" with new eco undersoil heating and rebuilding the Riverside.

No objections to those projects Bala... ok... thought not.

It will be a surprise if the stitch pitch gets installed in the summer. Waggott has said it will cost £2m and that he "needs to find this from somewhere". That obviously means the owners won't be paying for it. Do I believe he will 'find' £2m for it? No, I don't.

• Like 2

Why can't the owners be asked for it and expected to stump up for it ?

I don't get this line of we can't keep asking the owners it's their responsibility and partly their fault its been neglected.  It's a vital piece of kit for a professional football club i'd have thought.

You don't get eggs without hens so how do they expect football without a pitch ?

Utterly bonkers when they'll happily spew millions on investment players we don't need on the suggestion of a manager and their agent pals.

This club is all wrong from the bottom to the top still.

• Like 5