BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

• 3 months later...

With the rumours on the transfer topic, thought I’d resurrect the thread I started less than 6 months ago.

There was a consensus that we’d only won the opening battle, though I’m sure we all didn’t expect it to rear its head this quickly (less than 4 months ago the plan was ‘withdrawn’).

They should all hang said heads in shame, absolute disgrace.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

Does anyone know Mushtaq Khan? He was the one who turned up at the Fans Forum saying that the training ground should be in BWD.

Is he a real person or just a plant by the club to sway opinion on the forum?

I asked this the other day.

How long has he been on the FF?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Does anyone know Mushtaq Khan? He was the one who turned up at the Fans Forum saying that the training ground should be in BWD.

Is it not upto the other fans forum members, to ask him, what his interests in moving the training facility are. In a minuted meeting so there is evidence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Is it not upto the other fans forum members, to ask him, what his interests in moving the training facility are. In a minuted meeting so there is evidence. 

Looking at the most recent minutes, it’s all very softball. Absolutely no probing. Strikes me that the fans’ forum is more interested in being able to ask questions than asking questions of any consequence. Maybe that’s seen as the safer tactic, but I can’t say I see any point in a fans’ forum if it’s not applying pressure at a time like this. Correct me if I’m wrong, of course, but with a Twitter presence as it is and no working website, are they even trying?

How long do these Fans forum meetings last for? 

and is everything written into the minutes published or is it just a brief account of the meeting? 

and are they are currently member of fans forum or former members of fans forum can describe what the fans forum was like under John Williams or Tom Finn or Paul Hunt or Paul Agnew or Derek Shaw?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer the above questions. 

56 minutes ago, rigger said:

I'm not asking anyone to ask him anything.

I was just curious if this person is actually a long standing Rovers fan with a history of involvement in Forums. I've never heard of him and nobody I've spoken to has either. 

Interesting that he seems to have such a firm view about such a sensitive subject and that this is recorded in the minutes with no reasoning behind it.

Treat everything with suspicion in this area.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong and he is a genuine fan with a (strange and baseless) view that the training ground should be moved to BWD.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I think from memory he has been  on the Forum for quite  a long time and was on it when I was on it.

If it's the same person he seemed a reasonable enough bloke back then but I can't understand why anyone would want to move the training facilities to an underprivileged or run down part of town, which players would want to sign for us then? The facilities are in the best place where they are now.

Perhaps he's just hoping any new facility would be sited near to where he lives.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm not asking anyone to ask him anything.

I was just curious if this person is actually a long standing Rovers fan with a history of involvement in Forums. I've never heard of him and nobody I've spoken to has either. 

Interesting that he seems to have such a firm view about such a sensitive subject and that this is recorded in the minutes with no reasoning behind it.

Treat everything with suspicion in this area.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong and he is a genuine fan with a (strange and baseless) view that the training ground should be moved to BWD.

I totally agree. What I was trying to say in my previous post, was that the other members of the fans forum, should be asking him the questions, to try to find his motives. 

Just to clarify my earlier posts. I believe he is a regular supporter and I wasn't trying to take any issue with that. I don't know the name myself.

I remain concerned by this view that having a training ground in BWD would be better or beneficial for the Club. I don't think it helps that the minutes, which should be shared among the wider fanbase, include such views without any reasoning or explanation for them. 

I am also concerned that those views, recorded in minutes, could later by used by the Club or Waggott to help progress their schemes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ewould Spark said:

‘Mushy’ has been a Rovers fan for donkeys years. I first spoke to him when we played for the supporters team out in Salzburg before the UEFA Cup tie over there.

I thought it could well be ‘Mushy’ but I wasn’t sure.

Hope you and the family are well pal.

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I remain concerned by this view that having a training ground in BWD would be better or beneficial for the Club. I don't think it helps that the minutes, which should be shared among the wider fanbase, include such views without any reasoning or explanation for them. 

I was at the meeting (via Zoom) when Mushy brought up this idea. He was absolutely sincere in his belief that if the training ground had to be moved then ‘bringing it back home’ could also benefit the Town and community. Must admit it wasn’t something I had considered … but the more I think about it, the more I’m warming to it.

11 minutes ago, Ewould Spark said:

I was at the meeting (via Zoom) when Mushy brought up this idea. He was absolutely sincere in his belief that if the training ground had to be moved then ‘bringing it back home’ could also benefit the Town and community. Must admit it wasn’t something I had considered … but the more I think about it, the more I’m warming to it.

In what possible way would a training ground a few miles up the road but in BWD boundaries benefit the town and community?

I believe that the training facilities are there for the benefit of the Club, Not the town or community many of whom do not even support Rovers.

We have world class facilities in a world class environment. I'm struggling to understand any need to give that up to train on an industrial estate or playing fields in Blackburn.

I keep coming back to it - why did Jack Walker build it in the Ribble Valley if it made more sense to build it in Blackburn?

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Ewould Spark said:

I bet. 🙄

Certainly a well timed re-emergence to a board (and certainly this particular thread) you vowed never to return to. 

13 minutes ago, Ewould Spark said:

Hi Neil?

Hope you're well.

It's not the Club's job to rejuvenate the town and community by needlessly moving what are essentially private facilities to an inferior location just to suit some in the town hall

"Bring it back home?" It's only about 2-3 miles outside the boundary of BWD. You make it sound like it's in Manchester or something.

What an insult to Jack Walker.

• Like 7