BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

A plea to Venkys & Raos on behalf of Old Blackburnians & Associated Partners, QEGS (1977-80), 'The Invincibles'!

QEGS?

Bunch of posh boys living off mummy and daddy....

All the cool kids turned down the scholarships and toughed it out at Witton, Darwen Vale, John Rigby, Billinge....

๐Ÿ˜€

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It was rough up there.ย  Always seemed to beat them very easily at footy.ย  It merged with another school I think...

I don't think any of the team actually went to Everton School but Park Lane Rangers used to use it to train - so a future Rovers player definitely graced the place in the late 70s (Mark Patterson)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gav said:

QEGS?

All the cool kids turned down the scholarships and toughed it out at Witton, Darwen Vale, John Rigby, Billinge....

๐Ÿ˜€

And Darwen Moorland....

• Like 2

Mid 80s Moorland were top of the tree, beat Pleckgate in the schools final on the hallowed turfย in 1984.ย Captained by the best schoolboy midfielder at that time, Neil Otley, with the stardust added by the sublime talent of Craig Moss. We were some side I tell thee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Early seventies Billinge always beat Pleckgate. Neal Parkerย was the stalwart.

The last time I saw Neal was at Russ Hargreaves funeral. It was a pity he had to retire at Leeds with a knee injury. He was one hell of a good footballer/cricketer.

22 hours ago, Gav said:

QEGS?

๐Ÿ˜€

Ha, made me laugh out loud too: at the inaccuracy!

I presume your tongue was stuck well in your cheek, as if you were sucking a 2 inch diameter gobstopper,ย when you said that Gav!ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

It may have been like that in your era: during my school 'holidays', starting as a 13 year old (no 'elf and safety' back then), I loaded 40' flat trailers 'handball', with 1200 cartons of vinyl wallpaper at Belgrave, roped and sheeted the trailers, pulled them off the bay with a Guy Big J4 shunter, with a Gardner 180 engine and David Brown box, shunted another trailer on the bay and started again.

Meanwhile my mates were on Knowle Field (Moorland) puncing a ball about and playing cricket....did me no harm though and just sayin'........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Posh boys protesting to muchย ๐Ÿคฃ

tinhat_noun_002_38186.jpg

Get yer bloody grammar right man.......did they teach you feck all at Billinge, John Rigby or Blackburn House?ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

It should be TOO much: tha' missed an O out lad!ย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’Ÿ

• Like 4