BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

Apologies if someone else was lined up to start this thread.

So,let's start with:

March 24th 2012 - Bolton 2 v 1 Rovers

April 2nd 2012 - Rovers 0 - 2 Man Utd

April 7th 2012 - WBA 3 - 0 Rovers

April 10th 2012 - Rovers 2 - 3 Liverpool 

April 14th 2012 - Swansea 3 - 0 Rovers

The last time we lost 5 on the bounce, according to the lancs live.

Mowbray now has to mastermind a win or draw against 3rd placed Watford in order to avoid joining the same club as Steve K**n in going 5 losses in a row.

Confidence must be at an all time low and I can't see anything other than a comfortable defeat.

Gallagher and Nyambe will be missing, not sure about Lenihan.

Formation and lineup is changed probably daily by Mowbray, so who knows who will start or in what formation.

I'm thinking we might even get done 0-3.

Anyone feeling more positive?

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

The reverse fixture we were desperately unlucky to lose, this time there will be no luck in the defeat.

Only hope is Watford aren’t too hot away from home, but we are generous hosts.

Many years ago I went to Vicarage Road where we won 1-0, Marcus Bent. I had a 50p / £1 bet on that so won £33. As a student that was a real bonus. Not massively relevant but at a stretch the only positive thought I could come up with for this match.

• Like 2

In 15 away games Watford have only scored 8 - but only conceded 9. With how toothless we’ve been in front of goal lately, if we do go a goal down it’ll probably be game over.

I was going to say it’s embarrassing that we’ve nothing to play for in February but being three points above 18th and five above 20th (how’s it come to this?) is a bit too close to the drop zone if we carry on this run of form.

0-0 or 0-1. Then we’ll probably beat Coventry at the weekend which Mowbray will live off for a while.

• Like 1

How many times have we said this season this is just the type of game we win when there's been a bit of unrest aimed the bosses way ?

Well it hasn't happened much, however....

Rovers 3    Watford  1

Mowbray, Waggot and Venus so cocksure after the win they don the hard hats and high viz at Brockhall the following morning and start marking out the house plots !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Young Man you've got to knock the facility down

I said young man, neglect the Ewood Park ground

I said young man Let's burn Jack's legacy down

All that will make Venky's happy

It's fun to work at B-R-F-C

You can underachieve and still give venky's joy

You can hang out with the Coventry and Boro boys

Young Man, it's the place were you build slow

I said young man, you can can make easy dough

You can doss there and I'm sure you'll find

It's a place were you get an easy time

👏

Bristol City sacked their manager after a 6-0 drubbing by Watford. If we're going to get beaten, it may as well result in something positive by losing to the same margin. Watford don't score too many goals away. It's got the feel of a game Mowbray would try to play for a draw, anyway and try to nick one. Mowbray will just look to win the possession battle and dominate the ball. I've still no idea what dominate the ball means. If any other commentator knows, please let me know.

I don't know how Davenport starts ahead of Rothwell .I'm half convinced Mowbray will play 3-4-1-2 with Johnson thrown right in as part of the back 3 , but [play more as a sweeper. It doesn't make sense for Dack to play handholding with the 2 CB loanees. I think that if Bennett plays, we'll concede. As usual, we depend on whether Armstrong is wearing his shooting boots or not.

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We'll draw the next two I reckon to keep him ticking over.

I actually think we might win - every time TM is under pressure he seems to pull a rabbit out of the hat to take the heat off. Though to be honest - a win really shouldn't take the heat off - as top 6 is now an almost impossible dream (barring a run we have never seen under TM). TM himself said top 6 was minimum for this squad.

I'm teaching an evening class on Zoom this Wed, and when I agreed to do it some months ago ( when we were playing well)  I remember how annoyed I was when I checked the fixtures and realised I'd miss this game.

Strangely I'm not that bothered now....

• Like 2

No point hoping we don’t get a result the three stooges won’t get fired until the venksters have made a nice slice back off the training ground and those three little piggies have had there noses in the trough. I honestly believe that’s why they were employed so stop wasting your time on thinking a big defeat or run of defeats is going to change anything . This has nothing to do with the football and everything to do with business, something the venkys absolutely do know about 

• Like 2

Kaminski

Harwood Lenihan Branthwaite Douglas

Travis Davenport Rothwell

Elliott Armstrong Brereton

Seeing as we aren’t going anywhere it’s important to get our younger players who are here next year some starting time. Buckley and Dolan specifically, but maybe not the game. Need Pike and McBride on the bench too, for Nyambe and Gallagher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyM said:

I'm teaching an evening class on Zoom this Wed, and when I agreed to do it some months ago ( when we were playing well)  I remember how annoyed I was when I checked the fixtures and realised I'd miss this game.

Strangely I'm not that bothered now....

I'm the same. Board meeting seems infinitely more appealing than another 90 minutes of Tony's turgid tactics.

• Like 1