BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

27 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Has comparisons with the Nelson situation under Kean. Honestly it gets more like that every day. 

If the alleged worry of Nyambe playing too much is real then if the hammy twinge was real then he can't be risked again so early.

I do wonder what was on that 'note' ....

Benno got appearance points, so all is good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could play Douglas there and bring Bell in at left back. I wouldn't be averse to giving Pike a go if we didn't already have two teenagers at centre half. Travis has played there previously but he'd be missed in midfield. Any chance of any of our vast array of sick notes putting in an appearance ?

Watford are good side especially out wide with tricky/pacey players so I am really fearful for who he plays at full back. Rather than playing players out of position young Pike could be a good option.

If TM plays Nayabe he will have had the distinction of lying twice over the player. (Well three times if we factor in its the fans fault.) Firstly no reason to drop him, then he needs protecting. He's contradicting himself every week to the point what he says has Trump like credibility. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Young Man you've got to knock the facility down

I said young man, neglect the Ewood Park ground

I said young man Let's burn Jack's legacy down

All that will make Venky's happy

It's fun to work at B-R-F-C

You can underachieve and still give venky's joy

You can hang out with the Coventry and Boro boys

Young Man, it's the place were you build slow

except houses, you can can make easy dough

You can doss there and I'm sure you'll find

It's a place were you get an easy time

Shit me that's funny

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is what Mowbray said post match on Saturday about Nyambe:

"I’m also more worried about Nyambe," he added post-match. "Somebody we have talked a lot about this week - a kid who works excessively hard and needed a break and yet the world seemed to question why Nyambe wasn’t playing - has now broken down and might be out for months.

"It's his hamstring, you have to protect your players and people should just let the manager do their job."

Now he might be fit for Wednesday.

Moral of the story - Mowbray is a gobshite.

Don't know if it was just me but I ended up reading that quote in a Cumbernauld accent

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

Looked great? I missed that one.

Great in my opinion was:-

Bryan Douglas v Spurs in 1963

Alan Shearer v Norwich in 1992

Tugay Keramoglu v Liverpool 2006

We really do seemed to have set the bar low these days.

You can't even praise a player now. Crikey.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You can't even praise a player now. Crikey.

He is a tidy player - but NOT Great. He show glimpses that he has something about him.

I hope, like most others on this site he improves and gets better. He may even do that under a different manager and coaches.

Edited by Stonesrick

8 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

He is a tidy player - but NOT Great. He show glimpses that he has something about him.

I hope, like most others on this site he improves and gets better. He may even do that under a different manager and coaches.

"Great" is a term thats used all the time. Can we call a Harvey Elliott ball through for Armstrong a great pass? Or can it not be described as such unless its of the equivalent to a pass made by Leo Messi in a UCL game in 2009?

The whole Nyambe thing on Saturday just didn't sit right. When he came off he sat on the perimeter wall by the dugout with only Damien Johnson in shot with him. He clearly didn't go back to the changing room for treatment and didn't appear to have any ice on his hamstring. Then Mowbrays wild assertion post match that he might be out for months and yesterday we learn he could be fit for Wednesday.

Very strange.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Great should be a 10/10 performance. I remember Dougie getting a few in the papers back in the day when I was a paper boy. I was at the Spurs game and he was 10/10. He was equally good when we beat United 3-0 at Old Trafford the year before. Lars Bohinen in that 7-0 banging of Forest was in that bracket.

13 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Tim Flowers v Newcastle in 1995

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The whole Nyambe thing on Saturday just didn't sit right. When he came off he sat on the perimeter wall by the dugout with only Damien Johnson in shot with him. He clearly didn't go back to the changing room for treatment and didn't appear to have any ice on his hamstring. Then Mowbrays wild assertion post match that he might be out for months and yesterday we learn he could be fit for Wednesday.

Very strange.

I was surprised when Mowbray came out with that because to me it looked like bad cramp.

Which Nyambe is prone to because he has to put a shift in every game doing effectively two jobs.

• Like 2

• Backroom
14 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Bentley and Rio vs Man Utd, Feb 2006

14 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Friedel Vs Spurs in the league cup final? 

Also randomly (could be memory playing tricks on me) Filan Vs Villa away? 

Shearer must have a few other 10/10s. Sure Duff also must have had a 10/10 sometime too. 

• Like 2

Mowbray was probably hoping Nyambe was injured for the rest of the season. Would make things a whole lot easier before he exits stage left and Mowbray could then get Bennett back in every game.

It not being a serious injury and Mowbray's failure to recruit any decent alternative in that position means he is under pressure and expectation to play him, even when he clearly doesn't want to.