BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But we have other clubs' schoolboys in key defensive positions playing against experienced, owld arse MEN..Everybody knows where that leads...

E for B and MacNamee etc

The disorganisation is on and off the pitch. We've got two schoolboys at the back because Tony ignored our defensive problems two years ago when he spent £7m on anothers team kid.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Erm yeah actually i do ..and ive seen enough to want him gone .

If you re correct in that assumption Dick ..i suggest you get a bet on !

You already told the board you thought the players had colluded to chuck Saturdays game ..

I am relieved you want Mowbray gone. I never suggested Rovers players deliberately set out to lose against Forest

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolute rubbish imo.

Don't fall for Mowbray's spin. That squad would be capable of beating anyone in the Division under a decent manager.

Yeah and Watford fans prob think same thing.

On paper Watford should be winning that and they did.

We got 99 problems but tonight ain’t one 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looks legit. Some freelance journo on Twitter, posted a photo of TM too. @brfctoby96 on Twitter for anyone interested.

Notice how he's saying he doesn't want to become a burden on the club though? Which at present he is to be fair.

Am I reading too much into it (most probably) or is he hinting he might walk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Expecting a win tonight was unrealistic. They are better then us. Yes it’s been bad lately, but this isn’t a defining game. 

Goodness me, I think I must be going senile. Because i am sure I have seen Rovers beat better teams before, both in person and on the screen. Maybe I'm making up those historic wins vs Arsenal, Manure and the like. 

I think I am also imagining the mighty QPR beating Watford recently as well. And I must have misread the stat about the number of away goals they had scored being pretty low. 

Aside from the terrible logic of said post implying Watford are unbeatable, and therefore its unreasonable to expect a win, said defence also falls down because people aren't unhappy that we didn't win. It's not a one game unhappiness context. It's a 5 game loss on the bounce. It's the fact that Watford were poor (as you have admitted) and we didn't do anything to take advantage of that, be it for a point or three. It's because we continue to use a tombola for a team selection, because we are reliant on kids at centre back, because Dack is stuck out wide and Rothwell is subbed for playing well.

So it's not unreasonable to think we could have got something from the game, and it's a culmination of crapness that is infuriating fans. Your defence of TM is almost as good as our current centre backs. Also if the bar is so low that only 6 losses suggests something is worrying, then my word, standards are even lower than I thought. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Expecting a win tonight was unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Are we ignoring the £150m they banked last season and players on £50k+ a week?

It showed in parts tonight, the difference between Premiership players and Championship. 

We can't compete Rev.

Watford had only scored more than 1 in an away game once all season and slotted 3 in past our badly organised side. 
In fact they’d only scored 8 away goals all season in 16 games! 
Give us a good manager and we compete. Plenty of other teams are with fewer resources to us. 

• Like 5

Just now, Wood26 said:

Yeah and Watford fans prob think same thing.

On paper Watford should be winning that and they did.

We got 99 problems but tonight ain’t one 

Course it is because he's still doing the same stupid things that he's been doing for years, and if he hasn't learned by now he never will.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You miss understand me - we are getting neither wins nor performances. I didn't expect a win but I was hoping for a committed performance.

No I don’t miss understand, that was sincere it’s a great point. You are right, performance was still poor

Edited by Wood26

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Afraid he’s spoken. Taken from a random journo on Twitter:

Mowbray points out that Rovers have now had 20 different defensive  backlines this season, which he suggests hasn't helped his side. Also says he doesn't want to be a burden on the club, and Hope's that he isn't.

Mowbray is asked about his side's slide down the league, admits he has no defence. Insists it can happen to the best - cites Klopp and Mourninho recently but says he isn't comparing himself to them. Reiterates his "burden" comments but suggests that's for the owners to decide.

Pisses me off when he comes out with this garbage along the lines of "if 4 defeats on the bounce isn't good enough for them" then we'll bat on until told otherwise.

Makes managing the Club sound like an absolute chore not a privilege.

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Watford had only scored more than 1 in an away game once all season and slotted 3 in past our badly organised side. 
In fact they’d only scored 8 away goals all season in 16 games! 
Give us a good manager and we compete. Plenty of other teams are with fewer resources to us. 

Goodness, talk about them being a different animal away from home. Far, far from unbeatable. Terrible excuses which aren't backed up by the stats at all. 

• Like 1