BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

I am relieved you want Mowbray gone. I never suggested Rovers players deliberately set out to lose against Forest

Ah yes you re right ..it was Swansea s manager Cooper getting himself fired at Huddersfield so he could come here ..even more bonkers !!😂

Cooper fuming tonight after his side won ..

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Notice how he's saying he doesn't want to become a burden on the club though? Which at present he is to be fair.

Am I reading too much into it (most probably) or is he hinting he might walk.

Won't walk without a hefty pay off "by mutual consent".

That'll be what he's angling for.

Tony Mowbray felt his side didn't quite have enough to take anything from an expensively-assembled Watford side on Wednesday night.

Mowbray's men were losers on home turf as the in form Hornets earned a 3-2 victory in East Lancashire.

Goals from Joao Pedro and Senegal international Ismaila Sarr put the visitors in command before Harvey Elliott offered Rovers a lifeline just before the break.

Xisco Munoz's team grabbed a third of the evening through Ken Sema on the hour, and although Ben Brereton pulled a goal back late on, Rovers suffered a fifth successive defeat.

But despite the loss, Mowbray felt his young team certainly held their own against a side who now sit outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference.

“We played against a very good team and we could feel their quality right from the very start," Mowbray admitted to iFollow Rovers after the game.

“They have a very experienced team when you think of [Will] Hughes, [Tom] Cleverley and [Dan] Gosling, never mind their £90m front three.

“You could feel their threat when they broke away.

“I felt we dug in and gave a good account of ourselves and we could have sneaked a draw late on as well.

“If anything, looking at the nature of the goals, it looked a bit nervy at the back from us tonight, even with the goalkeeper, who has been amazing for us this season.

“There was a little bit of uncertainty and it’s a disappointing and frustrating evening for us.

“But there were some good performances tonight from individuals. [Adam] Armstrong looked a Premier League player again, Harvey Elliott is a super talent, [Joe] Rothwell was good tonight.

“They took the points, we gave it our best shot but we fell a little bit short.”

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Afraid he’s spoken. Taken from a random journo on Twitter:

Mowbray points out that Rovers have now had 20 different defensive  backlines this season, which he suggests hasn't helped his side. Also says he doesn't want to be a burden on the club, and Hope's that he isn't.

Mowbray is asked about his side's slide down the league, admits he has no defence. Insists it can happen to the best - cites Klopp and Mourninho recently but says he isn't comparing himself to them. Reiterates his "burden" comments but suggests that's for the owners to decide.

Where to start?!?! 

Firstly I'm fairly confident that the 20 different backlines are significantly self inflicted. If you have three crocks at centre back it's only natural you're going to see some changes. Likewise, if you decide the right back is to be the resident scapegoat and dropped every now and then in favour of others, it's also not going to help you get a measure of consistency. 

Not a burden on the club. Well aside from the stagnation, the 5 losses on the bounce, bringing in Venus and Waggott and hatching a plan to sell off the training facilities, oh and the lies and drivel in interviews and idiotic formations and players our of position, there's scarce  been a burdensome moment. Burdensome, he's more like a sodding albatross. 

The comparisons with Klopp, Liverpool  and Brentford don't half get on my wick. Thing is I wouldn't mind a slump like any of those teams if it, y'know came with the success as well. We don't have success. We have slumps and treading water. Had we had half the (relative) success of Liverpool over the past few years I might have a bit more patience for this latest epic slump. As it is we don't get the good, just the bad. 

best to part company asap and take his mates with him.    

• Like 8

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Ah yes you re right ..it was Swansea s manager Cooper getting himself fired at Huddersfield so he could come here ..even more bonkers !!😂

Cooper fuming tonight after his side won ..

I didn't say Cooper was getting himself fired, either.. I imagine he was fuming getting beaten 4-1 after conceding only 15 in all the matches before. Swansea won again tonight and didn't concede. Normal service resumed as far as he's concerned, I would imagine..

On 21/02/2021 at 22:11, JPTSwindon said:

The reverse fixture we were desperately unlucky to lose, this time there will be no luck in the defeat.

Only hope is Watford aren’t too hot away from home, but we are generous hosts.

Many years ago I went to Vicarage Road where we won 1-0, Marcus Bent. I had a 50p / £1 bet on that so won £33. As a student that was a real bonus. Not massively relevant but at a stretch the only positive thought I could come up with for this match.

As expected.

Confidence, tactics, shape, leadership, hope... AWOL.

Grim.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

thats 75% of the problem and by the end of the next game he`ll be saying it again,nice bloke no doubt,just run his course here

From that interview he's fully expecting 3 points from Coventry to get him out of his own badly defended hole.

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's trying to sound like he cares now. Kicking buckets around, feeling the pressure, don't want to be a burden etc etc etc. Absolute wanker

He doesn't need to kick buckets around with these boys, they look you in the eye.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

I didn't say Cooper was getting himself fired, either.. I imagine he was fuming getting beaten 4-1 after conceding only 15 in all the matches before. Swansea won again tonight and didn't concede. Normal service resumed as far as he's concerned, I would imagine..

"Something very odd happened at Huddersfield today. Swansea conceded 4. Previously conceded 15 in the season. Could HSH be ordering Cooper to get himself fired to line him up to be sent here?"

Your Quote ..lets leave it at there shall we. 

4 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

Tony Mowbray felt his side didn't quite have enough to take anything from an expensively-assembled Watford side on Wednesday night.

Mowbray's men were losers on home turf as the in form Hornets earned a 3-2 victory in East Lancashire.

Goals from Joao Pedro and Senegal international Ismaila Sarr put the visitors in command before Harvey Elliott offered Rovers a lifeline just before the break.

Xisco Munoz's team grabbed a third of the evening through Ken Sema on the hour, and although Ben Brereton pulled a goal back late on, Rovers suffered a fifth successive defeat.

But despite the loss, Mowbray felt his young team certainly held their own against a side who now sit outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference.

“We played against a very good team and we could feel their quality right from the very start," Mowbray admitted to iFollow Rovers after the game.

“They have a very experienced team when you think of [Will] Hughes, [Tom] Cleverley and [Dan] Gosling, never mind their £90m front three.

“You could feel their threat when they broke away.

“I felt we dug in and gave a good account of ourselves and we could have sneaked a draw late on as well.

“If anything, looking at the nature of the goals, it looked a bit nervy at the back from us tonight, even with the goalkeeper, who has been amazing for us this season.

“There was a little bit of uncertainty and it’s a disappointing and frustrating evening for us.

“But there were some good performances tonight from individuals. [Adam] Armstrong looked a Premier League player again, Harvey Elliott is a super talent, [Joe] Rothwell was good tonight.

“They took the points, we gave it our best shot but we fell a little bit short.”

Now anyone who disagrees with the above either...

A: Didn’t watch the game

B: Is delusional