BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

3 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

Tony Mowbray felt his side didn't quite have enough to take anything from an expensively-assembled Watford side on Wednesday night.

Mowbray's men were losers on home turf as the in form Hornets earned a 3-2 victory in East Lancashire.

Goals from Joao Pedro and Senegal international Ismaila Sarr put the visitors in command before Harvey Elliott offered Rovers a lifeline just before the break.

Xisco Munoz's team grabbed a third of the evening through Ken Sema on the hour, and although Ben Brereton pulled a goal back late on, Rovers suffered a fifth successive defeat.

But despite the loss, Mowbray felt his young team certainly held their own against a side who now sit outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference.

“We played against a very good team and we could feel their quality right from the very start," Mowbray admitted to iFollow Rovers after the game.

“They have a very experienced team when you think of [Will] Hughes, [Tom] Cleverley and [Dan] Gosling, never mind their £90m front three.

“You could feel their threat when they broke away.

“I felt we dug in and gave a good account of ourselves and we could have sneaked a draw late on as well.

“If anything, looking at the nature of the goals, it looked a bit nervy at the back from us tonight, even with the goalkeeper, who has been amazing for us this season.

“There was a little bit of uncertainty and it’s a disappointing and frustrating evening for us.

“But there were some good performances tonight from individuals. [Adam] Armstrong looked a Premier League player again, Harvey Elliott is a super talent, [Joe] Rothwell was good tonight.

“They took the points, we gave it our best shot but we fell a little bit short.”

At least he didn't miss the chance to advertise Armstrong to PL Clubs again.

And Elliott isn't even our player.

Rothwell was decent. But unlikely he'll hold down his place in the side with Tombola Tony in charge.

I thought Brereton's performance was the brightest spot about tonight. No mention of him. Tone will be pissed off he had the temerity to score and he'll be back on the bench at the weekend.

It really is looking grim if Mowbray stays isn't it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

Tony Mowbray felt his side didn't quite have enough to take anything from an expensively-assembled Watford side on Wednesday night.

Mowbray's men were losers on home turf as the in form Hornets earned a 3-2 victory in East Lancashire.

Goals from Joao Pedro and Senegal international Ismaila Sarr put the visitors in command before Harvey Elliott offered Rovers a lifeline just before the break.

Xisco Munoz's team grabbed a third of the evening through Ken Sema on the hour, and although Ben Brereton pulled a goal back late on, Rovers suffered a fifth successive defeat.

But despite the loss, Mowbray felt his young team certainly held their own against a side who now sit outside the automatic promotion places on goal difference.

“We played against a very good team and we could feel their quality right from the very start," Mowbray admitted to iFollow Rovers after the game.

“They have a very experienced team when you think of [Will] Hughes, [Tom] Cleverley and [Dan] Gosling, never mind their £90m front three.

“You could feel their threat when they broke away.

“I felt we dug in and gave a good account of ourselves and we could have sneaked a draw late on as well.

“If anything, looking at the nature of the goals, it looked a bit nervy at the back from us tonight, even with the goalkeeper, who has been amazing for us this season.

“There was a little bit of uncertainty and it’s a disappointing and frustrating evening for us.

“But there were some good performances tonight from individuals. [Adam] Armstrong looked a Premier League player again, Harvey Elliott is a super talent, [Joe] Rothwell was good tonight.

“They took the points, we gave it our best shot but we fell a little bit short.”

90 million?

He does know that we’re playing Watford in the championship. He talks like we’re privileged to be on the same pitch has them. We never expected to win the kids did good gave there all but what can you do against the might of the world famous Watford. Premier club not a small club like what we are. Have to limit our expectations be proud in defeat learn from this big club. Did our best with the quality of player we have. Hes playing the good old father figure card. 

If there is anyone out there in charge help him to help himself and relieve him of this burden.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

"Something very odd happened at Huddersfield today. Swansea conceded 4. Previously conceded 15 in the season. Could HSH be ordering Cooper to get himself fired to line him up to be sent here?"

Your Quote ..lets leave it at there shall we. 

I posed a question. I did not make a statement. The answer to the question I posed is that Cooper isn't getting himself fired for anyone or on anybody's orders. He's clearly not resigning, either. Whether HSH want him to come here is entirely another matter.

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

Venkys should sack him now and put Damian Johnson in charge pro them.

At least the players would play a game they understand.

Otherwise the end of the season could see us seriously embarrassed.

Venkys don't do urgency though.

Now there’s a man that knows what he is talking about.

Get a manager with no first team experience who is manager of a reserve team, who sticks to same principles as our first team, to take over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

Now anyone who disagrees with the above either...

A: Didn’t watch the game

B: Is delusional 

Anyone who thinks that the disappointment is purely about losing tonight has either.

A: Watched every game this season with their eyes closed.
B: Watched every game this season with their eyes closed.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not quite.

Look at our two centre halves...then Dack/Travis not match fit etc...no Johnson/Lenihan, Davenport...On paper Watford should have won hands down.

Unless you've entered the mega-ironic zone Len, you've lost me there!

1 minute ago, Richard Oakley said:

I posed a question. I did not make a statement. The answer to the question I posed is that Cooper isn't getting himself fired for anyone or on anybody's orders. He's clearly not resigning, either. Whether HSH want him to come here is entirely another matter.

Sigh ..yes Dick. End of. Its clear what you was implying ..move on.

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

Now anyone who disagrees with the above either...

A: Didn’t watch the game

B: Is delusional 

How did QPR beat them the other week? How come they've only scored 8 goals on the road in 15 games this season, yet managed 3 against us in one game? How did Coventry and Millwall get 0-0 draws against them recently?

I think without realising it you are simply confirming what everyone else worked out some time ago, namely that Mowbray is fairly shite and needs potting ASAP. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, booth said:

Anyone who thinks that the disappointment is purely about losing tonight has either.

A: Watched every game this season with their eyes closed.
B: Watched every game this season with their eyes closed.

I’m disappointed of course. But doesn’t change fact manager is right in his comments.

Take emotion out of it and get a clearer picture 

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Unfortunately this is about to end sourly for a man that did some great work for Rovers. He should have been fired before now. It's become very uncomfortable.

He became far too comfortable that's why it's now uncomfortable for fans.

3 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

He does know that we’re playing Watford in the championship. He talks like we’re privileged to be on the same pitch has them. We never expected to win the kids did good gave there all but what can you do against the might of the world famous Watford. Premier club not a small club like what we are. Have to limit our expectations be proud in defeat learn from this big club. Did our best with the quality of player we have. Hes playing the good old father figure card. 

If there is anyone out there in charge help him to help himself and relieve him of this burden.

any wonder why every time we got within sniffing distance of the top six we messed ourselves,jesus,imagine if we somehow got in the playoffs,tony would have his players thinking they were facing an impossible task and have a nice day out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How did QPR beat them the other week? How come they've only scored 8 goals on the road in 15 games this season, yet managed 3 against us in one game? How did Coventry and Millwall get 0-0 draws against them recently?

I think without realising it you are simply confirming what everyone else worked out some time ago, namely that Mowbray is fairly shite and needs potting ASAP. 

Watford our 3rd you know. QPR 13th.

Someitmes in football lesser teams win, but it’s not an expectation

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Unless you've entered the mega-ironic zone Len, you've lost me there!

OK. I am not talking about how we got into this ridiculous position...but..before a ball was even kicked, I looked at those two child defenders and ....well you can guess the rest

No Davenport/Johnson...Dack and Travis are clearly miles off..

On paper, I would have said Watford's team were likely to win tonight.

Having those two kids at centre half though...At this level!!!!.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Time for Tony to go. 5 losses in a row is literally Keanesque.

Plenty of options out there:

Hughes, Wagner, Cowleys, Bilic, Jokanovic, Silva, Ainsworth, Davidson, Ross, Ferguson, Robins, Appleton, Neil, Ismael, Cooper etc

Davidson is a great shout, doing very well at St.Johnstone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Sigh ..yes Dick. End of. Its clear what you was implying ..move on.

You've been very free telling me what I should or shouldn't think. Perhaps you'd care to tell me what it was that  I was implying. Better yet, use your telepathic powers to tell us all when Mowbray and co are going to darken our club no more with their presence.