BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

6 minutes ago, Roverall said:

Well I think I could've told you the atmosphere would've been tense without your insider's hushed communique, riveting as it was. 

Now can you please recommend a bog-standard, overpriced, sulphite laden, paint-stripping merlot - screw cap, no uncorking necessary - that I can degrade myself with in salute to ten years of Venky's? 

Vinecrafter Merlot - stocked by Whalley wines, about £7/bottle.

Not a Merlot fan but wife keeps a couple of bottles handy for cooking purposes - very fruity nose and palate.  Always handy for the 'quaffers'!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Maybe i should use your telepathetic powers after you foretold this gem ..

"When an entire team's not at the races, you know something is up. Something perhaps along the lines of your manager telling you just before you go out on the pitch that today is his last game in charge." ...after the managers told them to lose to leave for Rovers ..ah of course ..

Knock it on the head now Dick ..its becoming boring ..sigh. And not once  have i told you what you should or shouldn't  think ..just simply quoted you. Sorry.

I never wrote that. I never suggested that Cooper told his players to go out and lose. Obviously, it wasn't Cooper's last game in charge, so that wasn't the reason for their collective funk.

You've told me what I should know, which is synonymous with thinking.

To return to the topic of this thread, I asked you when you think Mowbray and co will go after tonight's defeat?

1 hour ago, neophox said:

He keeps plodding about Arma being a Prem player.. Wants him sold then.. 

I've been thinking it for months that an Armstrong sale in the summer saves Mowbray's bacon with the owners. They'll be wondering why we haven't been promoted and why Mowbray wants more money for the transfer window in the summer. If he can flog Armstrong for good money then he'll be able to fall back on that and show them how his dealings have delivered them a tidy profit and ask for a slice to spend in the summer.

1 hour ago, Roverall said:

Well I think I could've told you the atmosphere would've been tense without your insider's hushed communique, riveting as it was. 

Now can you please recommend a bog-standard, overpriced, sulphite laden, paint-stripping merlot - screw cap, no uncorking necessary - that I can degrade myself with in salute to ten years of Venky's? 

If you're into Merlot's, PM me your address and I'll send you a bottle of Saint Emilion 'Baron de Boutisse' Grand Cru 2016.

I've a couple of cases in the garage but can't drink the stuff any more unfortunately, it gives me gout. They're a relic of my time living in France.

Who says Rovers' fans can't club together?!....

• Like 3

First time I’ve ever read every post of a game day thread... all 41 pages.  

Lots of frustration amongst our fans. I’m frustrated, too. But, I would guess there’s a 10% chance of Mowbray getting sacked before Coventry, & only a 25% chance of the hatchet afterwards (a loss obviously). 

I don’t have any insider information. I don’t have a friend who works for the club. This is all guess-work on my part, but the worst possible scenario: TM here for the rest of the season. It boils down to being a money decision, not a win/loss thing. 

Obviously, I hope I’m wrong. I’m just preparing myself as a fan of the club, when nothing happens, and we’re stuck with this situation & have to deal with it as best we’re able. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

If you're into Merlot's, PM me your address and I'll send you a bottle of Saint Emilion 'Baron de Boutisse' Grand Cru 2016.

I've a couple of cases in the garage but can't drink the stuff any more unfortunately, it gives me gout. They're a relic of my time living in France.

Who says Rovers' fans can't club together?!....

Do you ship to Pennsylvania?😀

6 hours ago, Tom said:

I really dislike the dumbing down.

”do you really expect us to be beating Watford?”

Yes!

If we had any real ambitions of promotion we certainly should be looking to beat them but there’s always an excuse with a section of the fanbase.

5 losses on the bounce to Preston, QPR, Barnsley, Forest and now Watford and each has been a limp performance.

We have 2 schoolboys at the back who we don’t own but saw fit to bring in, both looking well out of their depth. 

A talented but erratic keeper now taking things into his own hands. 

The slowest left back in the league.

Our main central defender ‘injured’ apparently.

Our best defender dropped and then hung out to dry with a cock and bull story to turn it onto the fans.

Our terrier in the middle looks more like a Bassett Hound and our playmaker bundle of energy looks jaded.

A lump of a centre forward who’s main assets are wasted as he’s stuck out wide when he plays

On top of that our captain for the last couple of days is a man who sees passing as a sign of weakness!

We had some signs of life and a future in November but the whole stench around the place is one of neglect and rot.

Time for change

This is the thing. When you lose to teams you should be beating then you have to pull off a few unlikely wins too.

As the saying goes, anyone can beat anyone in this division.

Except when it’s Rovers it seems...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think something happened or was happening tonight - seemed a very strange post match hour at Ewood.

Pune six hours ahead.

Let's hope Waggott's getting sign-off for Mowbray's exit tomorrow morning. 

I don’t know whether it’s true or not but your giving me hope that’ll do this morning 

21 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Has there been any update on Ayala returning? Last I saw mentioned was 'he won't be back this month'. Well its nearly the next month now so......

Reading Sharpes report he only seems to mention (another) Davenport injury for our already crippled squad.

Has Mowbray still got the dressing room injuries to key players keep mounting. The guys on the pitch like Travis appear a shadow of themselves. A defence made up of loans who regardless are here today gone tomorrow. No  matter how good a manager you are there comes a time when players stop listening and the lack of clarity on style from Mowbray coupled with one defeat after another can’t help.

Ive watched every game and this won’t be stopped until Mowbray is. We’ve all seen it with other managers and we are at the end game and I think even Mowbray knows it and I’m sure the players do

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think something happened or was happening tonight - seemed a very strange post match hour at Ewood.

Pune six hours ahead.

Let's hope Waggott's getting sign-off for Mowbray's exit tomorrow morning. 

Why would Waggott do that?

35 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Has there been any update on Ayala returning? Last I saw mentioned was 'he won't be back this month'. Well its nearly the next month now so......

Reading Sharpes report he only seems to mention (another) Davenport injury for our already crippled squad.

Think he makes himself available , when he feels like it !!

26 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

So what's the points update compared to the last two seasons at this stage? I like to be able to see our progress in all it's glory.

P      W    D   L      F     A      GD     PTS   Position

2021 -       31    11    6    14    45    37    8       39          15
    2020-       31    12    8    11    43    38    5       44          12
    2019 -      31    11    10    10    42    47  -5       43          13

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

So all that hoo-hah about this ‘progressive, attacking football’ has led to pretty much the same amount of goals as usual, further away from the top 6 than the past two seasons and losing almost half our games... 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1