BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

I wouldn't have Sherwood anywhere near this football club. He was absolutely fine when we were winning and on top in games, but the minute the going got tough he downed tools. Not the man I would want in any sort of crisis to be leading us I'm afraid. Yes I know that might seem an odd thing to say about our premier league winning captain, but in my book there were always 10 other  captains on the field in that team.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I wouldn't have Sherwood anywhere near this football club. He was absolutely fine when we were winning and on top in games, but the minute the going got tough he downed tools. Not the man I would want in any sort of crisis to be leading us I'm afraid. Yes I know that might seem an odd thing to say about our premier league winning captain, but in my book there were always 10 other  captains on the field in that team.

I wasn't a fan either, mainly for the reasons you've mentioned. Not fit to lace David Batty's boots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

Good Morning,

Thought I would join the tadger chewing this morning. 

Anyway Watford aside who feels the prodigy Dan Pike should be unleashed this weekend, against the might COV army.

Here & Out Sargent Tadge

I would have him in the squad; not to start. 

I am of the opinion we already have enough kids on the pitch, “youthful enthusiasm”.
We don’t really need anymore, unless they are good enough. I believe our kids tried hard vs Watford; but trying hard, with this manager, hasn’t worked. We need more from Tony & his staff, if we’re to avoid falling into the basement. 

19 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think any of the first paragraph is true. 

We could do a lot worse. I'm not a huge fan of his punditry to be honest. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/19/alex-ferguson-roy-keane-blackburn-manchester-united

As for Ipswich, my brother has been a supporter for 50 years. He has given me chapter and verse. 

49 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/19/alex-ferguson-roy-keane-blackburn-manchester-united

As for Ipswich, my brother has been a supporter for 50 years. He has given me chapter and verse. 

I know the story, you said the agreed the deal in the boardroom. Anyways, more the issue there on Rovers side. Amateur not getting him to sign immediately.

Their issues ran and run deeper than Keane. I wouldn't say he is the one responsible for destroying the club, as you said. They stayed up a good while after he left. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know the story, you said the agreed the deal in the boardroom. Anyways, more the issue there on Rovers side. Amateur not getting him to sign immediately.

Their issues ran and run deeper than Keane. I wouldn't say he is the one responsible for destroying the club, as you said. They stayed up a good while after he left. 

I respect your opinion. I just beg to differ. What i know is that if i saw him waving a Rovers scarf above his  head as the new Rovers manager, I would put my beloved Rovers shirt collection in the bottom drawer until the hate ridden human being had been binned

This is an interesting read. There are books and podcasts on how he destroys players.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/453519/jason-scotland--life-under-roy-keane

13 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I respect your opinion. I just beg to differ. What i know is that if i saw him waving a Rovers scarf above his  head as the new Rovers manager, I would put my beloved Rovers shirt collection in the bottom drawer until the hate ridden human being had been binned

This is an interesting read. There are books and podcasts on how he destroys players.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/453519/jason-scotland--life-under-roy-keane

What books and podcasts would these be? 

That's his way. Brought him as much success as anyone as a player. I think he has mellowed a bit anyway. I wouldn't say he's a hate ridden human either, most of its an act. I respect your view though also. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What books and podcasts would these be? 

That's his way. Brought him as much success as anyone as a player. I think he has mellowed a bit anyway. I wouldn't say he's a hate ridden human either, most of its an act. I respect your view though also. 

Postscript to our chat. 
https://www.90min.com/posts/us-investors-close-to-ipswich-takeover

Anyone know any rich Americans. Except Venkys wouldn't write off their investment so easily. And why Paul Cook if you have money? 

• J*B unpinned this topic