BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Watford Wed 24th Feb 19:45

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Our form is so alarming, our performances so poor, a 10 point gap is going to be wiped out VERY soon unless something drastically changes.

Obviously I didn't want Gallagher to get injured but I must admit it MAY work in our favour depending on Mowbrays solution. Is he even arsed though? Certainly doesn't seem it.

Once again viewing the match doesn't promise any excitement but I'll watch it as I feel obliged to as always. The pitch is going to be a real bog, may favour us more than them though, will the likes of Joao Pedro, Sarr and Kiko Femenia really fancy a stinking night in Lancashire?

I agree about Gallagher. Wish him well in his recovery but at least TM can't play him, which means there is a chance we can play someone more suited to that role. And I don't mean right back. Don't expect anything tomorrow but 3 points on Saturday. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I agree about Gallagher. Wish him well in his recovery but at least TM can't play him, which means there is a chance we can play someone more suited to that role. And I don't mean right back. Don't expect anything tomorrow but 3 points on Saturday. 

The penny will never drop on that one with Mowbray for whatever reason. I agree i could well see a far better performance with him out and some real balance in the team.

It shouldn't take him coughing up blood to be left out altogether but that's where we are at. Soon as he's ok he'll be back in the same position.

36 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If we don't win tomorrow night i can still see us spanking Coventry. It'll be all set up for that and a classic backs against the wall performance against a side we are better than.

Yep. I predicted on Saturday that we'd get a minimum 3 points from these two home games, just because that's what we do. These death spiral runs of defeats usually last 3-4 games but no more.

Watford will be a tough nut to crack but they don't score goals and we don't concede that many at home so I wouldn't be surprised to see a bore 0-0 or 1-0 either way tomorrow. Anything but a defeat will be hailed as stopping the rot against a brilliant side and even a narrow defeat and it will be all about the positives and fine margins.

Coventry will be the one. They are a poor side away from home and if we don't win that one there will be panic. Fortunately for Mowbray he has form for pulling wins out of those sort of fixtures and with the squad comparison even I am confident of winning that one. Then the next cycle is underway until mid-late March.

• Like 3

Lenihan, Gallagher, Johnson, Trybull, Holtby, Ayala... all out. I assume Williams, as well, but he wasn’t mentioned. A least a couple of those could’ve been useful vs Watford. 

Nyambe.. “touch & go.”

Bennett & JR-C... “Won’t feature.”

Pike & McBride to be in the squad. 

Low to no expectations. Oughta be fun

He's a crafty worker is old Tone there'll a new spin on this one that'll get lapped up.

In a word 'kids'...

Then suddenly everyone will be fit when the beach is in sight and all his seniors will be back in !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

In an interview yesterday in the LT he said it was his job to win football matches and bring youngsters through into the 1st team. He seems have decided to concentrate exclusively on the latter. 

And i think we'll be doing exactly the same this time next year. Although probably in a quest for points to stay away from the bottom pack after a few departures in summer leave him with more problems.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

The penny will never drop on that one with Mowbray for whatever reason. I agree i could well see a far better performance with him out and some real balance in the team.

It shouldn't take him coughing up blood to be left out altogether but that's where we are at. Soon as he's ok he'll be back in the same position.

We can always hope Mowbray will be gone by then.

Connor McBride must start tonight, he’s stats don’t lie! An academy player of the finest standard. 
Possibly the last prodigy of the academy, considering it’s now up for sale, Jack Walker will be turning in his grave. 

A Club with an academy in the top 3 in England, proven by premier league 2 position, should be Pissin the championship! 

I no longer look forward to the matches. We could get beaten 10-0 and Mowbray won’t walk or get sacked. If we win he definitely won’t. Rovers ruin the weekend regularly these days and I can’t be bothered with the frustration tonight. 

I never thought it’d be like this until we got sold to those charlatans and since have had dodgy bent bastards running our club.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

Connor McBride must start tonight, he’s stats don’t lie! An academy player of the finest standard. 
Possibly the last prodigy of the academy, considering it’s now up for sale, Jack Walker will be turning in his grave. 

A Club with an academy in the top 3 in England, proven by premier league 2 position, should be Pissin the championship! 

Let's not forget Joe Nuttall, who tore it up in the U23's but wasn't much cop at Snr level.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

I don't know about pissing it but a lot of managers would love having this to pick from. It's another thing that separates us from similar positioned clubs and gets left out when people whine about midtable budget justifying the position in table.

That facility and what is available from it now can be like several million worth of incoming players others don't have.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't know about pissing it but a lot of managers would love having this to pick from. It's another thing that separates us from similar positioned clubs and gets left out when people whine about midtable budget justifying the position in table.

That facility and what is available from it now can be like several million worth of incoming players others don't have.

Yes sarge premier league clubs would love to have an academy of its standard, absolutely devastating it’s for sale. 

It’s almost on par with Man City’s & Spurs just not being utilised properly, players not being nurtured into the first team.

Once it’s sold the heart of Blackburn Rovers will be broken! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

Yes sarge premier league clubs would love to have an academy of its standard, absolutely devastating it’s for sale. 

It’s almost on par with Man City’s & Spurs just not being utilised properly, players not being nurtured into the first team.

Oh yeah I've lost count of the Phil Foden's and Harry Kane's we've produced

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Fodentinklesthetadger said:

Nyambe

Raya

JRC

Travis

Buckley

Lenihan

To name but a few... 

1 minute ago, Madon said:

Nyambe

Raya

JRC

Travis

Buckley

Lenihan

To name but a few... 

You'd think the owners would value that and realise having sold Jones, Hanley and co already that there's value to our academy.

But no, they're a plotting to downgrade it. Unless Venkys aren't in on the plot and its being pushed by others.

• Like 1