BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

Rovers 2-1. The bad run halted. However this is only temporary respite as we will not win again till Wycombe. And that will be down to Gareth Ainsworth throwing the game as he wants to be a championship manager next season, when he takes over from Tony. (No i have no sources as this is obviously made up bullshit........ probably) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Honestly, I can't see us winning this. 

Zero faith in Mowbrays abilities as a manager. Expect more reshuffling of the squad, unable to break Coventry down and then show some truly embarrassing defending to concede and lose 0-1.

If we don’t win this, it will be a relegation fight.  End of.

• Mike E pinned this topic

In any other club, in any other league... this would be win or your out territory... not a draw... but a win!  For me it needs to be a win of belief, show me the players are in this with Tony!  Have not seen that since November! No fight, no punch... dangerous matches await around the corner!

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I seem to remember Coventry battering us in an FA Cup game under Hughes, have I made that up?

You are correct. 3rd round FA Cup 2008: 4-1 drubbing at home. I feel a similar scoreline is coming tomorrow (that's a guarantee it won't! Mercer should back the scoreline, just to be on the safeside.)

Edited by Richard Oakley
date added

14 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

In any other club, in any other league... this would be win or your out territory... not a draw... but a win!  For me it needs to be a win of belief, show me the players are in this with Tony!  Have not seen that since November! No fight, no punch... dangerous matches await around the corner!

Just an observation, but can't you do average goals per game to more than 0 decimal places? You've got both sides as scoring 1 per game, when in reality Coventry are at 0.9 per game compared to Rovers being 1.45.

It’s clear Mowbray isn’t going anywhere. I must admit I’m mildly curious to see how many consecutive defeats it takes to get the Venkys to pull the trigger.

The problem is if we lose 10 in a row they won’t know until a few months time when check the results and think bloody hell need to sack him.

Fat Sam was potted on the back of a 7-1 defeat. So going for rovers 1 Coventry 7. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Didn’t we also smash them 5-0 mere months earlier?

Aug 92 won 2-0 away,  Jan 93 lost 5-2 home

Sept 95 won 5-1 home,  Dec 95 lost 5-0 away

Anyway, 2-1 to Rovers tomorrow.

Edited by bazza

38 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

You are correct. 3rd round FA Cup 2008: 4-1 drubbing at home. I feel a similar scoreline is coming tomorrow (that's a guarantee it won't! Mercer should back the scoreline, just to be on the safeside.)

Think they did it twice in consecutive seasons ..