BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd love to see him played centrally. He holds the ball up.

Big agree. With Arma not “red hot” think he could benefit from cutting in and trying a few bangers again. BB has been fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Agree to disagree. 

This is nice ☺️

1 minute ago, bazza said:

Evans is one of our best players so far.

Again, he proves me wrong.

All about Rothwell today though - if he was consistent he’d be CL.

Enjoyable to watch after a dire first five minutes where Nyambe failed to stop two dangerous crosses coming in, missed two headers and passed straight to two opponents; Douglas then taking the dire armband for the rest of the half. Cracking goal made by a great Rothwell pass and a great first time finish.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Then you watch the next 85 minutes and he's anonymous. Rothwell is absolutely miles away from being consistent enough to play PL. 

I'm not saying he IS a PL CM, I'm just saying he stands out when allowed to play centrally.

He's been one of our better players today. Unless you're Zidane, Iniesta or Xavi you never boss the midfield for 90 minutes.

Very noticeable that our 433 was  getting absolutely pumped by their 343 in the first ten minutes (quel suprise... it's been like that all bloody season). But today we had the wherewithal to change to a 4231 within the first 10. Immediately got on top. Rothwell excelling in the free role behind Armstrong.

If we'd had that plan b earlier in the season we would be in a much better place today. I really don't understand why we have only just come up with it as we've needed it since October.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

I disagree with the idea that Brereton needs to become a central striker, he seems to have found a role that suits him on the left. He is good at holding the ball up against slighter full backs but also with the space to drive forward and link play.

He usually lacks that instinct to get into goalscoring positions though, he needs to improve that regardless of position. But I think his best position is the left hand side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm not saying he IS a PL CM, I'm just saying he stands out when allowed to play centrally.

He's been one of our better players today. Unless you're Zidane, Iniesta or Xavi you never boss the midfield for 90 minutes.

He stands out in very short bursts. If you saw his best moments of the season in a 2 minute YouTube highlight package, you would think he is Messi.  The thing is , you would struggle to get much more than 2 minutes.  That's why he is playing for us. If he was even 10-20% more consistent, he would be elsewere. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I disagree with the idea that Brereton needs to become a central striker, he seems to have found a role that suits him on the left. He is good at holding the ball up against slighter full backs but also with the space to drive forward and link play.

He usually lacks that instinct to get into goalscoring positions though, he needs to improve that regardless of position. But I think his best position is the left hand side.

just think though,if a decent manager could get ben to funtion centrally,with his pace and build,if he could hold the ball up we`de have a serious weapon as a centre forward

• Like 1