BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

13 minutes ago, bazza said:

I remember a Prem League game when Bobby Gould brought his Coventry side to Ewood and played us off the park. We lost 5-2, I think. 

yes,mick quinn,who looked like a fat bloke off the street bagged a couple,never before seen a player who did so little score so many goals,he had a knack of being in the right place everytime there was a sniff of a chance,kind of an unathletic jordan rhodes

Whatever the Derby/Forest result is tonight we will drop a place to 16th on 39 points.

Coventry are 20th on 34 points and will fancy getting something from this game.

We should win if we can cut out the boobs in defence, and Armstrong scores.

I expect quite a decent game of football.

My opinion of Coventry is soured by a Bobby Gould goal a long time ago and more recently for their being, unknowingly, used as a training ground for the Brockhall cartel.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

39 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Boring 0-0 draw. 

We don't do nils. I reckon the players reckon he's a dead man walking so minimum effort and commitment until he's gone. I can't see that being enough, even against teams that normally we'd beat at Ewood. I'd spread a rumour that the new manager is watching the game, watch the buggers run then !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We don't do nils. I reckon the players reckon he's a dead man walking so minimum effort and commitment until he's gone. I can't see that being enough, even against teams that normally we'd beat at Ewood. I'd spread a rumour that the new manager is watching the game, watch the buggers run then !

My worry is that they know he’s going nowhere. There is no plan (on or off the field - unless you count a land sale) and they will be made scapegoats. No wonder the treatment room is filling up.

This apathy might even relegate us. We are in freefall. After tomorrow’s game we could only be two points ahead of Coventry who are currently in 20th place.

How anyone can still defend him is beyond belief. If we go down, it will be because of Tony Mowbray. And I fear that we won’t recover.

We are literally on the precipice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We can't loose SIX on the bounce can we...surely we can't be that shyte?

Will someone give me hope.

Wacky stuff happens in sports; our run of losses is inexplicable, but what does that say about Liverpool’s? nobody can explain this stuff.

We could win 6-0 tomorrow, or we could lose 0-6, or anything in-between. 

I still think we tie 1-1, our players give 110%, and Mowbray breaks down and cries, saying we deserved more. 

Mowbray stays. We need to get used to it. 

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

It’s clear Mowbray isn’t going anywhere. I must admit I’m mildly curious to see how many consecutive defeats it takes to get the Venkys to pull the trigger.

The problem is if we lose 10 in a row they won’t know until a few months time when check the results and think bloody hell need to sack him.

Fat Sam was potted on the back of a 7-1 defeat. So going for rovers 1 Coventry 7. 

Wasnt Big Sam potted after a 2-1 defeat to Bolton?

The Man Utd was 2 weeks before hand

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Travis  Evans

Bennett          Elliott        Brereton 

Armstrong 

Bennett 😂 

This dinosaur in charge is sending us all daft. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Kaminski 

Travis  Evans

Armstrong 

What’s all this Elliott in the middle business?

Bennett, Evans? 😧

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, booth said:

What’s all this Elliott in the middle business?

Bennett, Evans? 😧

Midfield... I’d have to play Dolan, and hope for 15-20 minutes from Downing (no Dack? maybe I missed something. I think we all know he’s not fully fit, but he’s still better than most).

Might be the best we could hope for. Now, it appears Trybull might be available. 

Edited by WacoRover

Coventry - ghastly chocolate brown strips - Howard Kendal beating them 1-0 at Ewood in FA Cup 4th round 1980 when we were  League 1 and they were Premier League equivalents. 

Happy Days.

As for tomorrow who cares? Securing Brockhall and seeing the back of the Coventry 3 is way more important. I actually think we might do the usual and sneak a win which will secure Mowbray's employment for a while longer.

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

yes,mick quinn,who looked like a fat bloke off the street bagged a couple,never before seen a player who did so little score so many goals,he had a knack of being in the right place everytime there was a sniff of a chance,kind of an unathletic jordan rhodes

Didn’t he get sent off the season after at ewood? 

I was only young but recall he looked like he belonged on Brookside 

• Like 1

The Tony “I won’t be a burden” Mowbray bingo card:

- Talk the opposition up to be like Barcelona pre match

- At least one head scratching selection

- Play players out of position

- Not score in the first half

- Concede in the first half

- Concede from a set piece

- Mowbray having a snooze mid way through 2nd half

- Bring on attacking players at random after the hour mark whatever the scoreline may be

- Having lost. Totally contradict the pre match statement on the opposition by claiming superiority and some sort of moral victory (shots, possession, playing football “ the right way”)

-Blame injuries/covid/pitch/officials/players/weather

-Mention the journey.

As a side bet he’ll make at least one asinine comment. My prediction extol the virtues of having an experienced defence in the championship. Then in the following sentence wax lyrical about how the back 4 had an average age of 21.

Unfortunately, fans picking nyambe got him injured long term only to play him 4 days later is taken. Also off the table is despite mentioning play offs weekly over the past 2 years claiming seeing Shearer and Sutton 25 years ago means fan expectations are unrealistic. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, BlueBro said:

If it meant the end of Mowbray I would take a defeat all day in the long term interest of her club 

How can a defeat be in the long term interest of the club. We need the points to avoid relegation. Bye the way, in my opinion a defeat today will in no way mean an end to Mowbray.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Kaminski 

Travis  Evans

Armstrong 

I would play Elliott on the right and Dack in the middle. It’s a must win game against an inferior team. We shouldn’t be worrying about having cover for fullbacks in hone matches vs Coventry.

• Like 2