BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Is it just Blackburn? Grew up in Withnell/Brinscall and for me teacakes have currants in. Though Stuart is on to something as my mum says "currant teacake" but i assumed it is because she is from Bolton...

You used to get a toasted current teacake in Kenyon's Buttery in the precinct. Better downstairs where nobody would find you wagging off!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You used to get a toasted current teacake in Kenyon's Buttery in the precinct. Better downstairs where nobody would find you wagging off!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Kenyons was a real local thing their factory was on crossfield street near haslingden road

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elvis Biro said:

How dare you! Born and bred. Haven't lived there for 45 years though, so maybe pastry-product related terminology has evolved in my lengthy absence. I still laugh at the fact that one of the first times I visited my local corner shop  here in Sheffield and bought a couple, the woman behind the counter said "two breadcakes, OK love." I said "Is that what you call them." She replied "Yes, what do you call them?" When I said barmcakes she sighed and said "You'll be from Lancashire, then."

I agree barmcake is for chips teacake has currants in there has been no change in pastry products and I’m still here

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

100% right. I would say Brentford away was the last ‘good’ performance from us. 

Even then, it was a brave, battling and disciplined performance but it was mitigating circumstances in that we had 10 men.

To be fair, I am not necessarily of the opinion that the players have down tools or arent playing for Mowbray even now, so that doesnt surprise me. For me, its an imbalanced and overrated squad of players built with resources, plenty of time and with no restrictions by one solitary manager, further hindered by a supposed philosophy built on a flawed theory, and a total lack of plan which leads to players out of position and not in a way that will get the best out of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggott doesnt have authority to suggest Mowbray to be sack. That decision is made by the owners and only the owners

Eh? Of course he can suggest it, he even said in an interview a few weeks ago that he makes recommendations to the Owners. What he can't do, presumably, is sack him himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m confused, are we talking about toasted sourdough muffins here? I live in the Ribble Valley. 

Try living in a foreign country with an American wife... The muffin discussion is bad but we have agreed to use our host country as the standard. The BISCUIT argument may never be solved...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Mowbray today blaming......the other team having 10 men and us missing Gallagher up front?

I think the worst thing that could have happened was the sending off. They sit on a line of five and nullify the space really.

It’s not like we’ve got Gallagher to put near Armstrong and get balls in the box, so it’s a frustrating balance to get. 

Wait...so he IS aware that putting Gallagher up top with Armstrong is an option? But he is only aware of that when Gallagher is out injured? Fascinating.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Wait...so he IS aware that putting Gallagher up top with Armstrong is an option? But he is only aware of that when Gallagher is out injured? Fascinating.

He’s played at right back as many times as he’s played through the middle this season! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, superniko said:

“Expecting a win tonight was unrealistic. They are better then us. Yes it’s been bad lately, but this isn’t a defining game. 

Dont beat Coventry then yes serious issues”

Wood26 after the Watford defeat. 

Looking forward to hearing his thoughts on this now he’s admitted ‘serious issues’

Has he spoken yet, or still formulating a response perhaps ?? 

• Like 1

Well, sorry to be the spectre at the feast, but I really couldn't care less about barms, baps, buncakes, muffins or mules I couldn't give a damn about whether a wine is  from Bordeaux or even Roussillon.

Stay with the pain. Rovers are sh!t and I just hate it.

When will this purgatory ever end?

Even a life sentence is done in 9 years. Venky's have been here over 10...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Well that’s Darwen  it’s along way away think I went there once on holiday 

The difference between a t-cake and a barm cake is that the barm cake is turned over part way through baking so that is flat on both sides.

This is where the term half baked comes from when referring to an idea not well thought through or someone not quite 100%.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Muffins are a minefield. To me eggs Benedict are served on a muffin, a muffin could be like a fairy cake and could also expect to see a barm. Three very different things.

It’s any wonder we ever get what we order in Lancashire. 

I know, I ordered a football manager four years ago and I'm still waiting ! The service is crap in Lancashire.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

The difference between a t-cake and a barm cake is that the barm cake is turned over part way through baking so that is flat on both sides.

This is where the term half baked comes from when referring to an idea not well thought through or someone not quite 100%.

Post of the night, right here.

• Like 2