BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

4 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

The difference between a t-cake and a barm cake is that the barm cake is turned over part way through baking so that is flat on both sides.

This is where the term half baked comes from when referring to an idea not well thought through or someone not quite 100%.

That is a magnificent bit of knowledge. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Well, sorry to be the spectre at the feast, but I really couldn't care less about barms, baps, buncakes, muffins or mules I couldn't give a damn about whether a wine is  from Bordeaux or even Roussillon.

Stay with the pain. Rovers are sh!t and I just hate it.

When will this purgatory ever end?

Even a life sentence is done in 9 years. Venky's have been here over 10...

Need you to pen a new bluesy Venky ditty Len. You have enough material to fill an album to be honest.

22 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Try living in a foreign country with an American wife... The muffin discussion is bad but we have agreed to use our host country as the standard. The BISCUIT argument may never be solved...

Dare I ask what the yanks think a biscuit is? If it’s anything like giving you crisps instead of chips I dread to think. 

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

im`e loving the fact that rovers are ****,mowbray is a washed up coach,venkys are w*****s and waggot is a toerag  but the main discussion is about what constitutes a barmcake🤣

Nothing more to be said on Mowbray and the various buffoons we have. Mowbray is a shit manager taking us backwards. Until he decides to leave bread is more interesting. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

The difference between a t-cake and a barm cake is that the barm cake is turned over part way through baking so that is flat on both sides.

This is where the term half baked comes from when referring to an idea not well thought through or someone not quite 100%.

i had a thought that was an oven bottom ? same both sides

5 minutes ago, Giant said:

My dad was a baker in Darwen, then Great Harwood where I lived in the baker’s shop. A teacake in the Blackburn area doesn’t have currants in it, that’s a currant teacake. Basically made from white bread dough but cooked off the bottom of the oven on a rack to distinguish them from oven bottoms which are. Teacakes are for putting bacon on, currant teacake are for toasting with butter on. Both drunk with a cup of tea, hence teacake. Ashton’s bakery on Heys Lane still sell proper teacakes, not a currant in sight.

As I remember from my schooldays at SMC, we sneaked out for a dab teacake, with not a current in sight. But it had a domed top, otherwise it would’ve been a dab barmcake

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Dare I ask what the yanks think a biscuit is? If it’s anything like giving you crisps instead of chips I dread to think. 

Think plain buttermilk scones but served covered in gravy...

Fortunately she loves fish and chips so we avoid that minefield

Edited by Roverthechimp

I’m in north of Scotland, have no idea what you’re even trying to name. A barncake? Is it just like a roll that you would put like cheese or sausage etc in? It’s just a roll here I think.

a tea cake is a wee chocolate biscuit with marshmallow in it.

a muffin can be either like a McMuffin - savoury or like a chocolate /blueberry muffin. Admit they should probably have two names to avoid confusion. 

we also have like hot cross buns- that could be your barncake 

interesting regional naming of foods discussion all the same 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’m in north of Scotland, have no idea what you’re even trying to name. A barncake? Is it just like a roll that you would put like cheese or sausage etc in? It’s just a roll here I think.

a muffin can be either like a McMuffin - savoury or like a chocolate /blueberry muffin. Admit they should probably have two names to avoid confusion. 

Known to me as a Chocolate Tea Cake

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Scotch rolls are a whole different conversation......

• Like 2