BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

On a football point I’ve watched every game this season and been home and away since the 70s but I will take my hat off to Mowbray after 40 plus years it is the worst defensively I’ve ever seen  not just a bit  but by far. 

If after 4 years people think he is the messiah then I’ll have some of what there smoking

• Like 6

Yet another abject performance from a team clearly lacking in confidence. The Everton loanee has been brutal recently. We can thank Warnock for that. 

I've been very vocal on this forum that I backed Mowbray, but football is a ruthless game and it's definitely time for a change. Them players are no longer behind the manager. 

Where do we go from here? Sack TM and bring in a top manager or scrape the bottom of the barrel and appoint Coyle MK2, I fear it will be the latter. 

One thing is for sure venkys next move will tell us exactly what they want from the club. Appoint a good manager and have another go at promotion, with a very capable squad. Or appoint another plodder, sell the playing assets along with half of Brockhall. Very worried about the future of my club currently 

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So far this week, seen this shower stumble around twice.

The cricket was 💩

And we've just been mullered by Wales.

Sport's been terrible this year!

I just woke early so all of the above plus I spent 10 mins working out the discussion is about Baps

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Roverthechimp said:

Dear Mods,

Good luck keeping threads on-topic in the future.

Sorry

Love, Chimp

PS. Do they still sell Topics in sweetshops/newsagents/supermarkets?

Mowbrays football or soft cooked floury blobs ?

• Like 1

Our loan signings this season really haven't done too well and not much of an improvement on what we had before the season, taking Elliott out of the equation as he'll be a PL starter next season.

Branthwaite - looks like a poor man's Wharton

Harwood-Bellis - too early to judge

Elliott - gem

Douglas - legs have gone, lacks attributes altogether 

Trybull - gets stuck in, but injury prone and ball hugger. Passes backwards more often than not, putting our shaky defenders in trouble

Permanent signings haven't done much better

Kaminski - not much of an upgrade from Walton, definitely not better than Raya

Pears - not up to it

Stergiakis - not seen

Ayala - good player but injury prone, poor signing

Downing - took too long to figure out his own future. One of our stars last season, looks a lot less fit this term. Still great on the ball but legs have gone for CM unless partnered with protectors.

Dolan - great start but looks a one trick pony despite having ten tricks up his sleeve. Lightweight and without real pace. League 1 or 2 in a couple of years.

All this is down to Mowbray and although we've suffered a lot of injuries, his time is up for me. Can't see a team here, we don't play as a unit either way and he's had several seasons to put a squad together and play the way he wants.

• Like 3

Read the Coventry boards, they are taking the piss out of Mowbray. Going over how familiar his demise here sounds, to what he did with them. Some taking the piss and picking up on a comment he made of “Coventry surprised me by playing 5 at the back, i didn’t expect us to have to be trying to break that 5 at the back down” to which their lot said “we do that literally every week, does Tony not have scouts, that’s embarrassing”.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Our loan signings this season really haven't done too well and not much of an improvement on what we had before the season, taking Elliott out of the equation as he'll be a PL starter next season.

Branthwaite - looks like a poor man's Wharton

Harwood-Bellis - too early to judge

Elliott - gem

Douglas - legs have gone, lacks attributes altogether 

Trybull - gets stuck in, but injury prone and ball hugger. Passes backwards more often than not, putting our shaky defenders in trouble

Permanent signings haven't done much better

Kaminski - not much of an upgrade from Walton, definitely not better than Raya

Pears - not up to it

Stergiakis - not seen

Ayala - good player but injury prone, poor signing

Downing - took too long to figure out his own future. One of our stars last season, looks a lot less fit this term. Still great on the ball but legs have gone for CM unless partnered with protectors.

Dolan - great start but looks a one trick pony despite having ten tricks up his sleeve. Lightweight and without real pace. League 1 or 2 in a couple of years.

All this is down to Mowbray and although we've suffered a lot of injuries, his time is up for me. Can't see a team here, we don't play as a unit either way and he's had several seasons to put a squad together and play the way he wants.

I think that's unfair to Kaminski - looks a top keeper to me, better than Raya imo. Best signing in a long time.

Dolan is very young, but like Rothwell you can see as he matures he could turn into a top player. Got all the attributes to routinely beat his marker and scores goals. 

Otherwise hard to disagree. Branthwaite started really well for us in the first three games but since then he's been all over the place.

If we'd got a decent defender who was fit instead of Ayala, and a decent left back with a bit of an engine as opposed to Douglas, we would be in a much better position. Those two poor signings have really really cost us.

I imagine a new manager will focus on CB, LB and probably look at how to create some genuine width as unlikely to be keen on Mowbrays "strikers on the wing" philosophy...

May also look at the proper striking options and bring in someone who scores goals to support Armstrong (assuming he stays of course), and try and shift out one or both of Brereton and Gallagher.

But apart from that he will more than likely be reasonably happy with the players at his disposal.

Most decent managers will think they can get more from the players here. A bit like when Allardyce pitched up after Ince - he was pretty emphatic we had a good squad, just it had been used poorly. And so it proved...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rigger said:

There's no end product with Mowbrays football

Ah, I get your drift, but I think you've overlooked things that are a direct 'end result' of this...

• Disaffected fans
  • Disorientated players
  • Loss of Cat 1 status
  • Season ticket sales going off a cliff
  • Owners said to be displeased  'couldn't give a feck'
  • Strikers playing as wingers or left-backs
  • Most players out of contract or back to their own clubs at the end of another bewildering season
  • Tactical nous of a fly round a lightbulb
  • Facial expressions more normally associated with 1950s toothless bloke competitions
  • Young prospects sent out on loan so that Rovers can pay through the nose to blood other club's puppies
  • A slow burn (yes - the club is slowly burning down around our ears)
  • 170 fine new properties on the ground where Uncle Jack had a vision of a flagship training facility forever
  • Drizzle cake all round...

.... to name but a few 'end products'.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rigger said:

The chippy at the top of St James's road used to do a John Bull barmcake

Bolton Road Chippy many moons ago had the best John Bull barms ever, then became a chinese.  Then the chippy of choice for a John Bull barm then was on Unity St, the last gold standard for this food of the gods before i left for pastures new was the chippy at the bottom of Shorrock lane.

Many a time over the last decade yearned for this Blackburn gastronomic treat, tried to make my own and ended with an abstract mess of potato , batter and spicy mince all avoiding each other in the fryer.

Barms and in fact any variation are mainly called bread rolls here (West Aus). 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Another frustrating performance against a team well below us in the league.

What amazed me was just how well organised Coventry were and that they had a proper game plan, getting the ball to their front two who never gave our defence a moments peace. In fact they were all a yard quicker to the ball.

Whatever is happening on the training ground is not working for Rovers. We only seem to play well in spells. The defence, after improving with Lenihan and Williams there is now too easy to open up. Branthwaite will be a good player but he’s not what we need at the moment, better to put Nyambe in the centre and play Bennett at right back. Or go to 5 at the back.

Hopefully Rankin-Costello will be available soon as he brings a lot of energy to the team but I fear that he will be another one that won’t be completely fit to add to Travis and Dack. 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue

3 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Another frustrating performance against a team well below us in the league.

What amazed me was just how well organised Coventry were and that they had a proper game plan, getting the ball to their front two who never gave our defence a moments peace. In fact they were all a yard quicker to the ball.

Whatever is happening on the training ground is not working for Rovers. We only seem to play well in spells. The defence, after improving with Lenihan and Williams there is now too easy to open up. Branthwaite will be a good player but he’s not what we need at the moment, better to put Nyambe in the centre and play Bennett at right back. Or go to 5 at the back.

Hopefully Rankin-Costello will be available soon as he brings a lot of energy to the team but I fear that he will be another one that won’t be completely fit to add to Travis and Dack. 

Tbf Chorley looked more organized than us in the 2 live games i watched.

Just what do Rovers do all week? I'm starting to wonder if it is a devious plan to support selling the land:

"well we don't train, analyse or do anything there anyway" sort of thing. A room, a donut maker and a tabletennis table is all we need.

So it's Sunday morning and after a season that promised so much we are reduced to scraping a draw against Coventry at home...what a shambles.To be honest most of our Team look disinterested never mind the awful,past his welcome 'Manager'.

God only knows what the crowds will be at Ewood next Season if this lot are still in charge,add training facilities being scaled down and the future ain't looking too bright.

Rovers fans don't deserve this shyte.

• Like 4