BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Paid for mine lump sum start of season.  Just like when I bought season tickets in the past, no matter what I followed us home and away, I love my Rovers, this team looks as bad as anything I have ever witnessed.  Even the relegation teams in the 70's played with more heart.

The teams relegated in the 70s, were still Blackburn Rovers and proud. This lot aren't. I can understand that they may, or may not dislike the manager,  but for me personal pride would make me put in more effort than we are seeing. I have never excepted underachieving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its in no way a sign of any confidence in the manager. But with us on 40 points, and with Wednesday having had 6 points deducted, we still have an 11 point buffer over 22nd placed Rotherham. I suspect that it might be less than 50 points needed to secure survival this season so even with a couple more wins from 14 games, or even one win and a handful of draws, I suspect we could struggle over the line.

I agree, we flop across the finish line, battered & bruised, more dead & buried than alive, but still in the Championship.

But as Booth just said, what about next season? Player departures and money troubles, portend a sorry 2021-2022 season. We will certainly have to find better defenders on the cheap. I don’t see that happening, if this leadership team remains intact. Just more loaners, and chronically injured players coming in.  

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

She’s one of my tenants now. When she found out I was a Rovers fan she said “I knew a lad from that neck of the woods 50 years ago. I hope he got over his little problem” 😂😂😂

Just kidding mate. I’ve worked in EK for the last 6 years, cracking place 🍻

We parted as intimate friends, with a smile on her face ...... and mine ........ 😉

TBH she was a bloody cracker, down visiting her Aunt for 2 weeks. 

I sometimes think of her when .........😇

It was great knocking around with a girl and not understanding a word she said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its in no way a sign of any confidence in the manager. But with us on 40 points, and with Wednesday having had 6 points deducted, we still have an 11 point buffer over 22nd placed Rotherham. I suspect that it might be less than 50 points needed to secure survival this season so even with a couple more wins from 14 games, or even one win and a handful of draws, I suspect we could struggle over the line.

We have just drawn a game at home to Coventry, a game we deserved.to lose.  Where is the inspiration coming from to gain these points?  Right now I see a team who is a shambles, lacklustre and going thriugh the motions.  A team the wirks harder to get the ball back to our keeper than it dies tonget into the ooponents box.

The players can't be enjoying themselves, they certainly don't look as if they are. I remember from my playing days when it wasn't going right; there's nothing worse than turning up for matches knowing you're likely to lose and you just want to get the season over with. That's how Rovers look at the moment. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I agree, we flop across the finish line, battered & bruised, more dead & buried than alive, but still in the Championship.

But as Booth just said, what about next season? Player departures and money troubles, portend a sorry 2021-2022 season. We will certainly have to find better defenders on the cheap. I don’t see that happening, if this leadership team remains intact. Just more loaners, and chronically injured players coming in.  

I definitely think that there are huge warning signs ahead of next season, especially if Mowbray continues in charge. I felt prior to this season, that this season was important as it could be potentially be the end of the current teams cycle, and I stand by that.

We are unhealthily reliant on the goalscoring of Armstrong, with a year on his contract and with it not being in his best interests to sign another, we will I suspect have to sell with a huge chunk of the fee going to Newcastle. Elliott will be going back, the bonus is Dack who will be fit and have a full pre season. Brereton will have only a year left, and we are saddled with the ineffective Gallagher. Dolan is a kid who I am not convinced is ready to be really impacting games much yet but a prospect, and Rankin Costello needs a new deal but hasnt ever found a true identity in our first team. The curious case of Chapman will I suspect leave him released.

In midfield, again a mess, Travis has a couple of years left I think, Davenport who is constantly injured and Rothwell who has never proved himself both will have a year left. Then there is a big bunch, Johnson, Holtby, Evans, Downing and Bennett, the first 2 maybe can earn a deal at a push, the latter 3 have to be released. Trybull will be no loss

In defence, we have only 2 defenders of any worth, and both will have a year left assuming the extension on Nyambes deal is in our favour, so for them its either renew or we have to sell them. We are lumbered with Ayala for 2 more years, and Wharton also from the sound of it when he picked up the injury will miss a chunk of next season. Douglas will go back, Bell and Williams should be released and the 2 kids on loan wont be missed, and a lot of stock is placed on the hope that Pickering can make the step up, but all across the board, it seems like a mass overhaul is needed.

3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

We have just drawn a game at home to Coventry, a game we deserved.to lose.  Where is the inspiration coming from to gain these points?  Right now I see a team who is a shambles, lacklustre and going thriugh the motions.  A team the wirks harder to get the ball back to our keeper than it dies tonget into the ooponents box.

I think we will pick up at least 5-10 points which will get us over the line over the course of 14 games, its not a big ask even for a team in our predicament.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The players can't be enjoying themselves, they certainly don't look as if they are. I remember from my playing days when it wasn't going right; there's nothing worse than turning up for matches knowing you're likely to lose and you just want to get the season over with. That's how Rovers look at the moment. 

coupled with fed up players wanting to move on,i don`t see mowbray giving inspirational dressing room speeches either

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I definitely think that there are huge warning signs ahead of next season, especially if Mowbray continues in charge. I felt prior to this season, that this season was important as it could be potentially be the end of the current teams cycle, and I stand by that.

We are unhealthily reliant on the goalscoring of Armstrong, with a year on his contract and with it not being in his best interests to sign another, we will I suspect have to sell with a huge chunk of the fee going to Newcastle. Elliott will be going back, the bonus is Dack who will be fit and have a full pre season. Brereton will have only a year left, and we are saddled with the ineffective Gallagher. Dolan is a kid who I am not convinced is ready to be really impacting games much yet but a prospect, and Rankin Costello needs a new deal but hasnt ever found a true identity in our first team. The curious case of Chapman will I suspect leave him released.

In midfield, again a mess, Travis has a couple of years left I think, Davenport who is constantly injured and Rothwell who has never proved himself both will have a year left. Then there is a big bunch, Johnson, Holtby, Evans, Downing and Bennett, the first 2 maybe can earn a deal at a push, the latter 3 have to be released. Trybull will be no loss

In defence, we have only 2 defenders of any worth, and both will have a year left assuming the extension on Nyambes deal is in our favour, so for them its either renew or we have to sell them. We are lumbered with Ayala for 2 more years, and Wharton also from the sound of it when he picked up the injury will miss a chunk of next season. Douglas will go back, Bell and Williams should be released and the 2 kids on loan wont be missed, and a lot of stock is placed on the hope that Pickering can make the step up, but all across the board, it seems like a mass overhaul is needed.

I think we will pick up at least 5-10 points which will get us over the line over the course of 14 games, its not a big ask even for a team in our predicament.

Thanks, 99, I tend to embrace 98% of what you said. “Mass overhaul”, as you stated, is probably what comes next. Making it to 8th on the table, I put on the players talent moreso, than managerial acumen. Sitting where we are currently, I place on Mowbray’s shoulders. Injuries account for a bit perhaps, but we’ve fallen back in the pack, even with the return of Dack (not yet fit) & Travis. and others. 

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic