BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ROVERS V COVENTRY 27/2/2021

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think that's harsh. He has looked pretty good to me. Seems more a case where he does one thing wrong and all of a sudden the line on here is that he is awful. He will be a premier League player, not sure about the city lad though. 

Harwood-Bellis is light years better than lenihan. Just because hes playing in a shite rovers team. He was tipped for big things coming through the city youth team

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

One thing that Mowbray takes pride in is the value of the assets in the team. I look at todays team, 3 are loanees, 2 are players whose contract expires in the summer but with a year extension, another whose contract simply expires in the summer, Lenihan, Armstrong and Brereton are all I think out of contract next summer, leaving only Kaminski who has a year and a second year extension and Travis who has 2 more years. Hardly much long term value there.

2 whose contracts expire in the summer, with a year extension, so that's next summer then? You worded it to make is sound worse. 

In fact the entire thing is worded to make the situation seem worse. I reckon you look at most starting 11 today's and the situation would be similar or worse. Most ,if not all, have loanees, most have players within the last 2 years of their contracts. We aren't unique in any of that. 

There is plenty to be critical of Mowbray about 

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The usage of Dack has been absolutely bizarre. He has played left wing, false 9 and CM, Mowbray has managed to find 3 places to use him out of position, he keeps putting him in and out, and he simply will never get fully match sharp doing that, which is what we need from our best player.

Dack isn't having an impact on games and for me looks a shadow of himself. 

Dack needed to be ease back in and using him from the bench for the next few games would be the way I go. 

I always maintain anything from him this season would be bonus before he came back from injury

47 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's strange after 5 defeats on the spin he hasn't thought to give someone like Dolan a start. 

I say strange, I mean entirely predictable.

Far too reckless. Dolan is a young boy and they read comments on the Internet. If he played a bad pass and someone commented on it I'm not sure he could live with the guilt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack needed to be ease back in and using him from the bench for the next few games would be the way I go. 

I always maintain anything from him this season would be bonus before he came back from injury

That's exactly what happens 9 out of 10,  when you play a player out of position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Eh? 

Useful rule of thumb, Evans plays we lose.

He'd done nothing to warrant being brought back in last Wednesday and you'd have been forgiven for forgetting he was on the pitch.

Think I saw him touch the ball around the 53rd minute.

Useful rule of thumb, Mowbray picks the side, formation, tactics we lose.

Fact was we were better than the past few games. Least it wasn't 11 strangers type stuff or boring as hell. He gives stability in the middle so others more creative can play.

I just read someone wrote on twitter they preferred Buckley to Evans.

Oh yes a weakling child over an experienced international.... Genius.

Too much time on your playstation doesn't mean you know the slightest thing about playing football and winning football matches.

Just now, roverandout said:

Harwood-Bellis is light years better than lenihan. Just because hes playing in a shite rovers team. He was tipped for big things coming through the city youth team

Going off what I have seen he is the worst of him and Branthwaite. Completely different playing for city, but he wont get in there long term if he defends as he had at championship level. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Going off what I have seen he is the worst of him and Branthwaite. Completely different playing for city, but he wont get in there long term if he defends as he had at championship level. 

Cant argue with that but maybe the championship isn't the place for Harwood-Bellis.  Hes more of a ball playing defender.  He will get more time in the epl

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

labelling him a clown is a tad harsh,however there is absolutely no chance he`ll ever make it as a top flight defender,he`s got limitations that will find him out badly

In fairness he has been poor but like we do not see him everyday but Ancellotti who is a top manager saw fit to give him his premier League debut  last season and include him in many match day squads this season so to be fair I'd give him a bit more time before I'd make a judgement on him.He has had one or two good games here aswell

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

2 whose contracts expire in the summer, with a year extension, so that's next summer then? You worded it to make is sound worse. 

In fact the entire thing is worded to make the situation seem worse. I reckon you look at most starting 11 today's and the situation would be similar or worse. Most ,if not all, have loanees, most have players within the last 2 years of their contracts. We aren't unique in any of that. 

There is plenty to be critical of Mowbray about 

No, they are matter of fact. I am not sure if either option is in the clubs favour but even assuming they have, that makes 5 players with a year to go whereby we would either agree a new deal or probably be best advised to sell. 3 loanees unlikely to return plus hopefully the end of Evans.

Do most managers pride themselves on the value of the team? I said even last season that I felt that this season was the precursor to a potential end of cycle rebuild necessary and I still think that 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you keep saying but our best player wont get sharp on the bench or out of position.