BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Half time:

Sums up Mowbray ball. Start off 20 mins looking good, concede , energy drops flat, no one can pass the ball 

Every game. And it's usually around the 20 minute mark we concede. And it's usually a soft goal. It's all so predictable

I don’t think anyone but Rothwell has actually taken the ball past someone. We look easy to play against.

Rothwell hit a world class ball to Nyambe over the top, and the ball ended up back in our own box. That’s just painful 

• Like 5

Well. 

I'd say that goal was just a symptom of the system we are set up to play.  There was no movement for him so back he goes.  It could have been any of our midfielders getting their pockets picked heading back towards our goal.   

Worse than the goal though was watching us go from the edge of their area 3-4m from the byline and play it all the way back to our box.

Absoloutely appalling.

Mowbray out.

• Like 2

Groundhog Day is the epitome of variety compared to watching Rovers.

It's beyond gallows humour now. I've been dreading watching every match. So I decided not to watch tonight and I feel better for not doing. This is not the feeling one should have. Every game is a foregone conclusion ergo there is no point in watching it.

The horror, the horror...

• Like 2

Why when we have spent so much on forwards are we so bad at holding the ball up to allow others to join the attack 😜 watching us at this moment is hard work.  The manager talk about playing fast football on the floor well I have not seem much of that. Armstrong should be playing as a wide forward and let the big lad play as a target man will it happen I think not. Another loss is on the way

• Like 1

Boss the possession, create very little, concede stupid goal. 

Its all too feckin familiar.

Suspect we'll give it a go second half, have a few good chances, then concede again.

Elliott was silly but not sure even had a man on shout and our defenders ran away from him rather than give him an outlet. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought that this is the best that we've played for a while and we trail to a disaster goal.  As long as we can hold the defence together we are still in the game.  Thought it was a penalty.

Probably going to need more than one shot on target in the second half to get back into the game, let alone win.

• Like 2