BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Well. 

I'd say that goal was just a symptom of the system we are set up to play.  There was no movement for him so back he goes.  It could have been any of our midfielders getting their pockets picked heading back towards our goal.   

Worse than the goal though was watching us go from the edge of their area 3-4m from the byline and play it all the way back to our box.

Absoloutely appalling.

Mowbray out.

He still had time to get rid of the ball, we are so slow moving forward, and when we do it goes back, it feels like the players are just going throught the motions, i really think they dont want to play for Mowbray.

On the bbe as a teenager in the 70s I used to stand near a chap who's only meaningful tactical contribution was to shout 'get up bloody field' every 2 minutes - I seem to have turned into him... 🙄

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, New Jeru said:

Fed up of watching us inch forward and then sweep the ball 30 yards back into our own half.

Is a bit of purpose too much to ask?

Walking about waiting for something to happen all the time and constantly looking for the safe square of backward pass isn't achieving anything.  TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!! 🤬🤬🤬

got to keep his possession  stats up

• Like 1

What I’ve learnt today.

we still don’t have a left back

we still don’t have any good centre halves

tony doesn’t like flair players, like chapman and Dolan

Cardiff are 3 up with 30% possession, and here we are with 60% and 1 shot on goal, but Tony thinks that is the right way

keith Andrews, Keith fuckin Andrews can see our flaws and what’s wrong, but Tony can’t

90% of the team, didn’t even react to going behind, guess they can’t really be assed

if sheff weds didn’t have a points deduction we would only be 6 points off the bottom 3

we are on our worst run since getting relegated from the premier league

we are still 13 points off the total we got when relegated to league one, and I really can’t see where we are getting another 13 points from this season

What a time to be a football fan, love it.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, des said:

Why when we have spent so much on forwards are we so bad at holding the ball up to allow others to join the attack 😜 watching us at this moment is hard work.  The manager talk about playing fast football on the floor well I have not seem much of that. Armstrong should be playing as a wide forward and let the big lad play as a target man will it happen I think not. Another loss is on the way

That's half of it in a nutshell.  Armstrong can play the wide role...but he's not going to hold the ball up in the middle.  Square pegs all over.

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought that this is the best that we've played for a while and we trail to a disaster goal.  As long as we can hold the defence together we are still in the game.  Thought it was a penalty.

Wow.

I think that's the WORST criticism of Mowbray's Rovers that I've ever seen on here. Cutting.

If THAT half was "the best we've played for a while", which includes precisely zero good chances and attacks that somehow end up back in our own half, then Mowbray should not only be sacked but be sacked now, at half time. 

Let the lads organise themselves for the second half, they can't do worse than Tony's doing!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, des said:

Why when we have spent so much on forwards are we so bad at holding the ball up to allow others to join the attack 😜 watching us at this moment is hard work.  The manager talk about playing fast football on the floor well I have not seem much of that. Armstrong should be playing as a wide forward and let the big lad play as a target man will it happen I think not. Another loss is on the way

Breretons first touch is awful, pathetically awful.

Its somewhat hidden wide but down the middle he would be shown to be the dolloper he is.

Plus he can't jump.

1 minute ago, Commondore said:

We're crying out for Dack here, Reading hasn't shown anything to warrant two deep-sitting midfielders. And how many times have we passed the ball in or through their penalty area? Ridiculous, go for goal! 

The old Dack maybe. The current Dack is a liability.

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Boss the possession, create very little, concede stupid goal. 

Its all too feckin familiar.

Suspect we'll give it a go second half, have a few good chances, then concede again.

Elliott was silly but not sure even had a man on shout and our defenders ran away from him rather than give him an outlet. 

Lenihan showed for an easy ball.

There was also a really simple pass into row z

I’d like to see Brereton up top and Arma out wide again

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I thought that this is the best that we've played for a while and we trail to a disaster goal.  As long as we can hold the defence together we are still in the game.  Thought it was a penalty.

Passing to no purpose backwards, sideways, and backwards again isn't playing well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EgyptianPete said:

He still had time to get rid of the ball, we are so slow moving forward, and when we do it goes back, it feels like the players are just going throught the motions, i really think they dont want to play for Mowbray.

His only option was to put it in the stand.  There was literally no other ball on due to the qpr press. He should have done it and then bollocked his team mates but he's young and learning here.  

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's half of it in a nutshell.  Armstrong can play the wide role...but he's not going to hold the ball up in the middle.  Square pegs all over.

Armstrong came out to the left once, and the reading right back shit a brick. I’d swap Ben and Arma

I like to think I'm pretty calm and philosophical when watching us these days. However, that half I found myself shouting 'This is shite Mowbray!!' at the screen and my heart rate still hasn't settled.

I am sick to the back teeth of these bastards (from the manager to the owners) ripping the piss out of us.

• Like 6

Count how many incomplete passes we make. Spot the full back. We have a defensive centre 2.  No settled partnership. What do we do, leave them to it and give the full backs license to wander and pretend to be attackers. Nyambe stood and watched by the half way line as Elliott runs back to the position he's supposed to be in. Crazy crazy crazy crazy set up.

If Rotherham can get a run together then we are going down. They have 2 games in hand, win them and they go just 5 behind us, and they play us at their place too. In their next 4 games they have Coventry, Luton and sheff weds, all winnable for them, so by the time we play them, it really could be a game we have to win.