BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

The BBC say we had 2 shots on target. I can only recall the Brereton bobbler.

It was an ok game IF you adore tippy tappy and little by way of goalmouth action.

Nyambe and Brereton were our better performers, see I've done it and praised BB - BUT - his best (looking) work is done running across the pitch which is as much use as tits on a carrot.

Reading were not at all good.

0-0 would have fairly reflected both teams contribution to that game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Anyone saying that was a good performance is wrong. Reading scored, sat back, let us have the ball and we never looked like breaking them down, pathetic.

Reading was really poor. Even Luton are a better team.

Edited by neophox

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The BBC say we had 2 shots on target. I can only recall the Brereton bobbler.

It was an ok game IF you adore tippy tappy and little by way of goalmouth action.

Nyambe and Brereton were our better performers, see I've done it and praised BB - BUT - his best (looking) work is done running across the pitch which is as much use as tits on a carrot.

Reading were not at all good.

0-0 would have fairly reflected both teams contribution to that game.

He has the bobbled in the first half then the bouncer is the 2nd that dropped to Nyambe.

Just now, benhben said:

Feck...just looked at the table! it's worse than I thought! 15th and dropping like a stone. 

We really could be in the shit with Mowbray in charge and a CEO that simply refuses to take any action. 

If Rotherham win against Weds tomorrow we're 8 points off relegation zone.

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Anyone saying that was a good performance is wrong. Reading scored, sat back, let us have the ball and we never looked like breaking them down, pathetic.

Championship managers all do this now. Let us have the ball because we're not going to threaten their goal. Rinse and repeat

• Like 3

WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! WAGGOT OUT!! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Grim stuff.

Good keeper who had virtually nothing to do. Nyambe same as ever, a good outlet on the right but all comes to naught. Lenihan and the City kid both good. Bell is rubbish but I’d pick him over Douglas. Trybull makes errors but always shows for the ball. Evans is Evans. Elliot should be dropped for that. Rothwell does a couple of great things then absolutely nothing. Ben, who was poor, was still the only threat. Armstrong should’ve been brought on. Dack, pitiful to watch. Dolan should get a run of starts, I like him. Mowbray, shell shocked.

lol, brought on, I thought he'd been subbed second half

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Championship managers all do this now. Let us have the ball because we're not going to threaten their goal. Rinse and repeat

Yep. I don’t watch Reading enough to know whether they do that regularly or not but that was definitely their plan today.

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Not Elliotts fault its the whole team with the manager (Mowbray) responsible... Elliott has been one of our most productive player this season and he is 17....

You cant blame on individual errors.. your job is to fix that.

Absolutely Elliot's fault and it boils my piss when middling ex-pros say "that's why he's on loan at a club like Blackburn, to learn from those mistakes".

We've fallen so far it's heartbreaking. It was a schoolboy error from a player that hasn't earned his shirt in 2021. If he was a Rovers academy product, rather than a Fulham one, he'd be in the U23s right now. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think they tried tonight, but we didn't create much against a good side. But we're conceding goals in every fashion possible. From set pieces, individual mistakes from our goalkeeper, centre halves, creative midfielders etc. etc. We're not organised to win on a regular basis and fight for promotion, and I don't know why we have so many injuries - is it down to our physio department? Rigerous training regime? 

I didn’t say they didn’t try, I just don’t think they are playing for him. They are just doing what they want hoping for a bit of individual brilliance to score a goal. A bit like a Sunday knockabout, no one wants to lose but there’s no leadership. Reminds me of the Kidd mess, or the last days of Hodgson.

• Like 1