BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, I think Stuart is right.

Think Kean had more football nous than Mowbray.  Sadly, IMO, he had other agendas. 

Don’t put words in my mouth.

Kean was a charlatan but while there were fans to stand up against him there was hope.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, neophox said:

Think he will end up at Ipswich.... leaving in mutual agreement for sure..

Doing what? They've already hired Cook as manager.

Reading... not won in their last three home games, and we couldn't even lay a glove on them. Abject.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Kean had more football nous than Mowbray.  

Its not often I'm stuck for a word, but my god thats some statement, what utter and total bullshit.

You wanted wee Dougie and Coyle at Ewood, says it all for me.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, I think Stuart is right.

Think Kean had more football nous than Mowbray.  Sadly, IMO, he had other agendas. 

Argh, It’s when rational people read shit like this that they start taking the piss out of us all for wanting Mowbray gone. Makes us all look stupid.

This is NOT as bad as Kean and / or Coyle and Mowbray deserves more credit and respect from us than to suggest so. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

You maybe correct Sparks, but comparing Blackburn Rovers today to that rat Kean who pissed all over the memory of Jack Walker, the town and its supports is delusional.

A right load of cobblers.

Sorry Gav, Mowbray's nearly as bad, been here 4 years and now he's trying to con anyone who'll listen into believing it would take another 5 years to get the recruitment right. 

9 years!

He's practically begging the owners to pay him off every interview he gives now as well with all this "If it's felt I've become a burden it's up to the Club to replace me" crap.

A manager of genuine integrity would also be speaking out strongly against the Brockhall scheme because irrespective of whether certain individuals or the Club will make money out of it, it seems to be extremely detrimental to the football side of things.

• Like 7

Just now, Gav said:

Its not often I'm stuck for a word, but my god thats some statement, what utter and total bullshit.

Whilst I agree there’s some wild exaggeration going on, I can’t believe that’s the thing you’re choosing to remark upon.

1 point in 20. Only going one way. Manager just said he couldn’t care less with a smile on his face. You can’t  blame people for making the comparisons. TM doesn’t help himself.

• Like 4

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Aqualung said:

A friend of mine knows Mowbray personally. This goes back to his Ipswich days and he told me you couldn't wish to meet a nicer chap. 

Now, as a nice chap who is decent, Tony please step down and enjoy your retirement. Nowt against you personally but my football club is suffering. 

Mowbray is doing the same thing all managers do when the end has come, coming out with desperate excuses and lashing out. We saw it with Bowyer as well. Managers just start losing the plot when they realise they're in a hole so deep they can't see a way out of it. TM needs somebody to put him out of his misery so that he and we can move on. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh, It’s when rational people read shit like this that they start taking the piss out of us all for wanting Mowbray gone. Makes us all look stupid.

This is NOT as bad as Kean and / or Coyle and Mowbray deserves more credit and respect from us than to suggest so. 

Really?

For what?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

A friend of mine knows Mowbray personally. This goes back to his Ipswich days and he told me you couldn't wish to meet a nicer chap. 

Now, as a nice chap who is decent, Tony please step down and enjoy your retirement. Nowt against you personally but my football club is suffering. 

He might be a pleasant man but he also comes across as incredibly self-serving. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Whilst I agree there’s some wild exaggeration going on, I can’t believe that’s the thing you’re choosing to remark upon.

1 point in 20. Only going one way. Manager just said he couldn’t care less with a smile on his face. You can’t  blame people for making the comparisons. TM doesn’t help himself.

That was an extremely weird and wildly inappropriate thing to say. Who does he think he is? And why wouldn't he, at the very least, pretend a defeat bothers him? 

Is it the petulant statement of a man about to be booted out? Or the spite of the unsackable ? 

Edited by Roverall
  • Like 4

• Backroom

I can’t ever compare Mowbray with Kean personally. The hatred we had of Kean and his snivelling lies still haunts me.

The day he left was one of celebration and rejoice, the pubs were packed before the next home game, the evil had been defeated yet the big bad was still there.

When Mowbray goes I’ll feel a bit positive about change whilst being trepidatious but I won’t feel glee.

Tony is in danger of or already is overstaying his natural welcome but he’ll leave with good wishes from me, Kean can rot.  

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, a myth.

Never bought into the mutterings of this self purported humble, man of integrity.

I think he sometimes gives the impression of 'the lights might be on but there's no one at home' - however, think he's a bit more savvy and it's all about number one - HIM.

Where there's a bung there's a deal.

1 minute ago, Roverall said:

That was an extremely weird and wildly inappropriate thing to say. Who does he think he is? And why wouldn't he, at the very least, pretend a defeat bothers him? 

Is it the petulant statement of a man about to be booted out? Or the spite of the unsackable ? 

He was a step away from a hearty laugh and flipping the bird at the camera.

10 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Can be as nice as he wants but money makes people do things they ordinarily wouldn’t, there’s no way he’s walking away without being paid up.

• Like 2