BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He might be a pleasant man but he also comes across as incredibly self-serving. 

Yes. 

imo he's been trying to keep himself in employment for a couple of years with this slow build, long term plan, we're on a journey nonsense.

Now it seems that even he has twigged that he can't pull that off any longer and is basically just pleading to be paid off every time he opens his mouth.

As for the manager of Blackburn Rovers  saying he isn't bothered by a defeat, quite unforgiveable, especially when you're on a run of one point from twenty one.

Have a bit more respect for the Club and the fans!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

This is NOT as bad as Kean and / or Coyle and Mowbray deserves more credit and respect from us than to suggest so. 

He's not much better than Coyle he's just had a lot more money to spend and hasn't had to sell any key players. And despite spending getting on for £20 Million and having plenty off time we are still only 8 positions better off than when Coyle was sacked.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Which is why we are correct to look at rearranging Brockhole.  I may be wrong but the last "very young lad" to come through Brockhole was Buckley and before that possibly Dunn.  All the others - Travis etc - were cast-offs from big city clubs.  We've lost good kids in recent times, poached by big clubs such as Liverpool, City, Everton, Leicester etc.  What's the point in developing Under 8's when the FA now allows them to travel longer distances for Premier League training?  Money talks.

Firstly, it is Brockhall. And we have had plenty of good young lads come through the academy since Dunn. I need go no further than Jones but we’ve also had Hoilett, Olsson, Hanley etc. 

If you think we are “correct in rearranging” the training set up please explain what makes it correct.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really?

For what?

Mowbrays time may well be up, but lets not be comparing him to steve ******* kean the rat ****.

Blackburn promoted to Championship at first attempt after beating Doncaster

Fans celebrate as Blackburn Rovers get promoted after the Sky Bet League  One match at the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster Stock Photo - Alamy

One of the great nights in my career' - News - Blackburn Rovers

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, I think Stuart is right.

Think Kean had more football nous than Mowbray.  Sadly, IMO, he had other agendas. 

You lot have really jumped the shark here lads.

Lets hope it’s all resolved soon.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes. 

imo he's been trying to keep himself in employment for a couple of years with this slow build, long term plan, we're on a journey nonsense.

Now it seems that even he has twigged that he can't pull that off any longer and is basically just pleading to be paid off every time he opens his mouth.

As for the manager of Blackburn Rovers  saying he isn't bothered by a defeat, quite unforgiveable, especially when you're on a run of one point from twenty one.

Yeah, that's absolutely disgusting. Not only have respect for the club, but how about a bit of self respect. He isn't up to the job, fair enough, so do the decent thing and walk. To say he's not affected by losses, that's shocking. Christ knows what the atmosphere in the dressing room is like. Those players aren't idiots. Hopefully they still have professional pride of not some sort of feeling that they want to win because they like the club. And yet they have to play for a guy who doesn't know what he's doing, what does that do for their careers? 

The situation is absolutely toxic, no wonder we're dropping like a stone

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Can be as nice as he wants but money makes people do things they ordinarily wouldn’t, there’s no way he’s walking away without being paid up.

He's gone from saying "If I ever feel like I've become a burden to the Club I'll walk away" (when he never thought it would happen)

to

"If the owners feel like I've become a burden it's up to them to get rid of me."

You wouldn't really expect anyone to walk out without a pay off in this day and age. However by claiming he would do something that no normal person would do in an effort to portray himself as a beacon of integrity,  then not doing it when push came to shove - that  has painted him in a very poor light for me.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

You lot have really jumped the shark here lads.

Lets hope it’s all resolved soon.

He can be rightly proud of the job he's done at Ewood, up to a point, but the good will people feel towards him is very quickly evaporating. He's coming across as arrogant IMO.

Like you say, it needs resolving very quickly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Did you listen to the interview?

Tucker Carlson levels of truth twisting re: the five years comment.

Let’s stick to the facts lads, the manager needs to change, don’t need to start with the bullshit.

Listen to the interview? On the radio?

The Sky interview was shocking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What was this 5 year comment? 

Just talking about going up in general and he said

”whether it’s this year, next year or five years time”

throwaway moment being jumped on in here

Would recommend all to dig it out (on sky sports scores app). Really doesn’t come across as arrogant at all. Exasperated and seemingly accepting he’s out the door.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray says we dominated the game.

He says it doesnt affect him if we lose

He believes in 5 years we will have the recruitment sorted and we will be deserving of going up then

Oh, and the Sky interviewer is his mate and backing him on screen....

Talking of going is Mowbray.....pressure is building...ramblings of a mad man.

Load of shit

It was terrible.  Basically an arrogant could not care less attitude with a veiled insult that working class oiks should not expect anything better.

If he had any honour he would have already fallen on his sword.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Roverall said:

Yeah, stick to the tea cakes for God's sakes... 

In fairness, I've never seen a thread descend into disarray when discussing the name of bread roll (get it right, ffs 😉 ) but I've seen plenty of threads derailed by political bullshit such as which political commentator is or is not a prick etc.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes. 

'Arte et Labore' means something to all of us....it'll mean fuck all (even if they understand the translation) to Mowbray, Venus and Waggott.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Just talking about going up in general and he said

”whether it’s this year, next year or five years time”

throwaway moment being jumped on in here

Would recommend all to dig it out (on sky sports scores app). Really doesn’t come across as arrogant at all. Exasperated and seemingly accepting he’s out the door.

He said, with a laugh, he doesn’t feel any pressure. You don’t do that after the horrendous run we’ve had.

I think he knew exactly who he was pandering to in that interview. He’s not walking that’s for sure.

He may have been found out as a manager but he comes across as a wily fellow.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He can be rightly proud of the job he's done at Ewood, up to a point, but the good will people feel towards him is very quickly evaporating. He's coming across as arrogant IMO.

Like you say, it needs resolving very quickly. 

Evaporating quickly?

The bloody pan is red at the bottom and the eggs have exploded!!!

• Like 2