BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

The bad thing with this now, personally, is that I'm going to spend all day tomorrow on here in the desperate hope that we get the news he's going/gone! Aaaarrrrggggh! 

It's the hope that kills you. 

Count me in too

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

The bad thing with this now, personally, is that I'm going to spend all day tomorrow on here in the desperate hope that we get the news he's going/gone! Aaaarrrrggggh! 

He’s going nowhere without Venkys intervention, I’m still expecting him to be in charge next season.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh, It’s when rational people read shit like this that they start taking the piss out of us all for wanting Mowbray gone. Makes us all look stupid.

This is NOT as bad as Kean and / or Coyle and Mowbray deserves more credit and respect from us than to suggest so. 

That old phrase - when people are angry they say things they don't really mean. I can understand that.

Another phrase - desperate people do desperate things. I can understand that too. That's how I'll explain TM's embarrassing ramblings these last 6 months. 

And when he goes soon I'll try and remember him for the 3.5 years before that where he did an ok job. And give him credit and respect for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silas said:

That old phrase - when people are angry they say things they don't really mean. I can understand that.

Another phrase - desperate people do desperate things. I can understand that too. That's how I'll explain TM's embarrassing ramblings these last 6 months. 

And when he goes soon I'll try and remember him for the 3.5 years before that where he did an ok job. And give him credit and respect for that. 

I hear what you are saying to a point but he's had some serious financial support to achieve, well not very much in reality.

We sadly draw comparisons to the previous wankers we've employed that masqueraded as managers and think Mowbray has been ok? You then add in the 'plan' of what the long drawn out saga really relates to and for me, can't fail to be absolutely disgusted by it all.

I'll give him credit for zilch!

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'll give him credit for zilch!

Can understand that too.

And with each week/match that goes by, goodwill evaporates, and the ones willing to give him credit dwindle. 

That's why it's best for everyone it ends soon. 

Before we all end up in the disgusted camp. 

We're exactly where I hoped we'd never get to. And I'm not meaning league position. 

• Like 2

Just now, Silas said:

Can understand that too.

And with each week/match that goes by, goodwill evaporates, and the ones willing to give him credit dwindle. 

That's why it's best for everyone it ends soon. 

Before we all end up in the disgusted camp. 

We're exactly where I hoped we'd never get to. And I'm not meaning league position. 

Absolutely, it's disgraceful but time to fight for what WE all truly believe in.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

55 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I’ve had all day to think about this mess (it’s 6:49 PM, in Texas), and my feeling hasn’t changed. Losing doesn’t get any easier over time, whether it’s vs the #1 team or the #24 team.

Lads, it could very well be like when Coyle got the boot; the cancer had been found, but not the cure.  There still a lot of season to be played, we’re free-falling on the table, and we still are counting on teenagers at the back. 

I like to think those in charge are aware the mess is getting worse, but even if they agree there is a problem, getting it fixed is a whole other proposition. I have supported Blackburn Rovers only since 2013; some of y’all since the 50’s. So y’all know how bad it can get. Just  the fact there’s noisy owners, board, CEO & sometimes manager, doesn’t mean they have the sense to fix something.  Just because a jackass brays aloud, doesn’t mean he knows what he’s saying. 

We’re not out of the woods yet. I can be somewhat happy when Mowbray is gone, but I cannot be content and satisfied until I know who replaces him. Either of those events could still be a long ways off. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

He talks about possession based teams getting out the league. How's it working out for Cardiff? Who get results regardless of possession.  How come Neil warnock has won promotion from this league so many times? Hes talking total bollocks 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

We’re not out of the woods yet. I can be somewhat happy when Mowbray is gone, but I cannot be content and satisfied until I know who replaces him. Either of those events could still be a long ways off. 

The 2 things are completely separate.   Results mean Mowbray must be sacked, not sure what the next guy has to do with that.

19 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The 2 things are completely separate.   Results mean Mowbray must be sacked, not sure what the next guy has to do with that.

Of course they are separate. Sacking Mowbray doesn’t end our problems. The next guy needs to know what the heck he is doing, or we will still be in the swirl.

Edited by WacoRover

54 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I’ve had all day to think about this mess (it’s 6:49 PM, in Texas), and my feeling hasn’t changed. Losing doesn’t get any easier over time, whether it’s vs the #1 team or the #24 team.

Lads, it could very well be like when Coyle got the boot; the cancer had been found, but not the cure.  There still a lot of season to be played, we’re free-falling on the table, and we still are counting on teenagers at the back. 

I like to think those in charge are aware the mess is getting worse, but even if they agree there is a problem, getting it fixed is a whole other proposition. I have supported Blackburn Rovers only since 2013; some of y’all since the 50’s. So y’all know how bad it can get. Just  the fact there’s noisy owners, board, CEO & sometimes manager, doesn’t mean they have the sense to fix something.  Just because a jackass brays aloud, doesn’t mean he knows what he’s saying. 

When I'm eventually allowed back into US, (Covid-19 induced btw!), we should start up a USA supporters group. 

I appreciate obviously it's a big place but a plane ride is only like a bus ride!

Keep the faith, worldwide, WE ARE The Rovers!!!

3 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Just talking about going up in general and he said

”whether it’s this year, next year or five years time”

throwaway moment being jumped on in here

Would recommend all to dig it out (on sky sports scores app). Really doesn’t come across as arrogant at all. Exasperated and seemingly accepting he’s out the door.

Fair enough, I've now watched the video in full and it doesn't come across quite as badly as made out.

I think the overall point about him not  being bothered by the result is still a valid one though.

His demeanour was extremely odd in the circumstances, it wasn't that of a man on a run of one point out of twenty one, or a man who was desperate to save his job. He appeared cool as a cucumber and going purely off that you'd think that either  he knows he's gone already or that he is completely safe thanks to his relationship with the owners and Waggott.

Results dictate it ought to be the former but I wouldn't like to bet on it.

The problem is that if he's effectively given up and is already looking forward to spending more time with his family, we still need to eke out another eleven or twelve points to be completely safe.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Here's hoping.

Apart from the point about his demeanour you could drive a bus through the holes in what he says there

- everyone expects instant results - he's been here 4 years

- we have a young team that will only get better - most of the decent ones probably won't be here next year and the rest weren't our players to begin with

- didn't get enough players into the box - don't pair fooking Evans and Trybull together in CM then! They get a nose bleed if they cross the half way line let alone get in the box.

- The working class hero thing is wearing exceptionally thin. He will be (or at least ought to be) a very wealthy man after a long career in football and its insulting and patronising to suggest that everyone from Blackburn is working class or can't aspire to anything beyond that.

- Re the reference to Souness- which one of our players steam into challenges like him? With the possible exceptions of Travis and Davenport our lot couldn't tackle a fish supper!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, roverandout said:

He talks about possession based teams getting out the league. How's it working out for Cardiff? Who get results regardless of possession.  How come Neil warnock has won promotion from this league so many times? Hes talking total bollocks 

There’s certainly an element of possession that can lead to success but possession for the sake of possession is worthless. In his post match comments he seemed to be pleased with the volume of crosses and “how we got behind the defense so many times”. I must have tuned into the wrong match on the tele because I didn’t see but one or two half chances. I certainly didn’t come away thinking our stack was anything but toothless. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yankfan said:

There’s certainly an element of possession that can lead to success but possession for the sake of possession is worthless. In his post match comments he seemed to be pleased with the volume of crosses and “how we got behind the defense so many times”. I must have tuned into the wrong match on the tele because I didn’t see but one or two half chances. I certainly didn’t come away thinking our stack was anything but toothless. 

Exactly, possession football doesnt work if you cannot score or defend. Leeds scored for fun but were organised and had some good defenders. All teams need to do is what Reading did today, let us have the ball and be ready to pounce when we eventually give it away cheaply - we do not create enough. We have two FBs that cannot cross (ok Douglas can) so our pattern of play is so predictable, it gets to the FBs, they pass it back inside, it works its way to the other side and we essentially just pass it around the outside of their box until we eventually have to go backwards. 

Most of our efforts came from BB outside of the box.

Possession is this seasons buzzword but really it is just the latest TM masterplan to fail.

We were tipped by many, us the fans, TM himself and many on the outside to be in the playoff hunt this season looking at our squad. We will be lucky to stay out of the scrap at the bottom at this rate. A huge failure and as much as I respect TM for doing some good here after the Coyle shit-show, he has to go.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, roverandout said:

Cardiff 4 - Derby 0

Cardiff 27% - Derby 73%

Take it Derby get at least a point too?

• Like 5