BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

Just now, neophox said:

Millwall, Swansea, Brentford, Bristol City and Norwich coming up....can you see us getting more points...very worried.

Nope, everyone figured out how to play us pretty damn quickly. No ideas in final third and a very poor defense. Just bide your time and wait for the mistakes. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nope, everyone figured out how to play us pretty damn quickly. No ideas in final third and a very poor defense. Just bide your time and wait for the mistakes. 

The real seriousness of it is hidden once again. 0-1 looks close, we could have been unlucky. 

But it wasn't and we weren't.

We now have twin problems---we make mistakes at the back and we can't score.

I hope the club doesn't sleepwalk into relegation thinking we'll inevitably get enough points to stay up.

Right now I can't see where the points will come from. We had our slices of good fortune in January.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair enough, I've now watched the video in full and it doesn't come across quite as badly as made out.

I think the overall point about him not  being bothered by the result is still a valid one though.

His demeanour was extremely odd in the circumstances, it wasn't that of a man on a run of one point out of twenty one, or a man who was desperate to save his job. He appeared cool as a cucumber and going purely off that you'd think that either  he knows he's gone already or that he is completely safe thanks to his relationship with the owners and Waggott.

Results dictate it ought to be the former but I wouldn't like to bet on it.

The problem is that if he's effectively given up and is already looking forward to spending more time with his family, we still need to eke out another eleven or twelve points to be completely safe.

Yes he was quite at ease answering the pre-arranged questions from his mate with the mic.

Not tetchy like he is when being caught out by an unexpected criticism (though a tame one) from his friends at the LT.

I'm in the corner that say he ain't going anywhere and knows it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes he was quite at ease answering the pre-arranged questions from his mate with the mic.

Not tetchy like he is when being caught out by an unexpected criticism (though a tame one) from his friends at the LT.

I'm in the corner that say he ain't going anywhere and knows it.

‘People need to be patient, don’t they? Think of all the injuries you’ve had! Not loads of money anymore, surely you should be given more time to finish your journey?’

A Sky ‘journalist’ serving up full tosses that even Neil and Warren might think twice about...

• Like 6

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Do why is it okay to call TM a cunt and all the rest.  If you don't like him fair enough, but really......

Because, unless I'm mistaken, TM isn't a member of this messageboard.

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Mercer said:

No, I think Stuart is right.

Think Kean had more football nous than Mowbray.  Sadly, IMO, he had other agendas. 

That wine has definitely gone right to your head.

• Like 3

It was all to predictable possession without purpose, defeat without embarrassment. We have now reached decision time because there are 13 games left if it gets any less no new manager  will want a relegation on their CV.

From the interview Mowbray either knows he’s safe or alternatively knows the games up.

I fear it’s that he knows he’s safe and we are going to play out this journey back to league one

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

1 point out of 21 tells the real story, Mowbray has lost the plot, the players and fans and needs to go!

A far more damning stat for me is 15 points from the last 17 League games since Dec 9th.

W4 D3 L10.

Before anyone accuses me of being selective I think we actually managed 10 points from the 4 games prior to that so that totals 25 points from the last 21 games.

W7 D4 L10

Still not great.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Do why is it okay to call TM a cunt and all the rest.  If you don't like him fair enough, but really......

To be fair, I didn’t see anyone use the c-bomb, but I’d tend to agree that the other names are probably a bit far.

But then, I wouldn’t come on here expecting people to be completely rational after a 6th defeat in 7 games....

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I think we should change manager and said so for some time, but I can also tell when play a bit better and I like TM.  

******FOOTBALL FAN STICKS UP FOR HIS FOOTBALL CLUB - SHOCKER******

You're spot on Paul, no doubt about it, we played much better than we had in recent games, but we still lost and all that possession counts for nothing. A fully fit Dack would have made the difference last night for me, everything broke down in the final 3rd of the pitch, a fit Dack would have opened them up.

Venkys Out.

I am absolutely sick to the hind teeth if the way ee turn attack into defence.  Even the ESPN commentator mentioned it.  From the edge if their area 3 oasses later and Kaminski has it.

Nyambe is no longer bombing forwards, he was to good effect, he's out for a couple of games, comes back and he is not doing it anymore.  Dolan too looks like he has been told to stop being so positive.  Almost all our players recieving. the ball look to go backwards first.  It is jnfuriating.  I hope I come on here after I sleep and he is gone.

How dies Evans get in this team, I like Trybul better, one chance, a goid ine comes to Evans and he cant even kick it.  Why.TF is Dack playing so far back or out wide.  What is it cos Gally is out?  Maybe ToMo should try Dack at full back.

I would have had McCarthey in a heartbeat.  Anyday of the week but that ship has sailed too.  You know we will fucknup thenhiring if the next manager too.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, I didn’t see anyone use the c-bomb, but I’d tend to agree that the other names are probably a bit far.

But then, I wouldn’t come on here expecting people to be completely rational after a 6th defeat in 7 games....

plus the other bombshell!!!

13 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

One of the commentators also said that when your in a difficult run like Rovers you need to halt it by becoming difficult to beat and we are not set up to do that which is a concern 

All the commentators and pundits were a bit more realistic last night. Although still pretty soft on Mowbray. Harking back to the start of the season, where we still weren't in the play off places. It's not like we were flying at the top of the league. You could see that they know we aren't a normal club. In a normal situation I think they would have been treating the situation as a given that Mowbray would be gone, but they know that might not happen here. 

Depressing 

Mowbray out 

Venkys out 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

That wine has definitely gone right to your head.

It's definitely up for discussion.

Mowbray has never impressed me tactically - even 4 years into the 'journey' he doesn't know his best 11 and doesn't know the best position for each player. He's also clearly a very poor man manager.

• Like 2