BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers. March 2nd 2021, 8pm.

Just now, 47er said:

TBF he did once head it off the line and prevented a certain goal. I don't remember him doing anything else positive.

He also had his supporters on here at the time who saw things the rest of us couldn't!

Good old Julie.

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

I am absolutely sick to the hind teeth if the way ee turn attack into defence.  Even the ESPN commentator mentioned it.  From the edge if their area 3 oasses later and Kaminski has it.

They’ve become accustomed to receiving praise for possession...

Just now, WacoRover said:

A bit of a change of subject here, but Sam Gallagher has scored 21 goals in a Rovers’ shirt.

Twenty-one? Why can’t I remember many of them? 

I imagine the majority of them were here  the first time under Coyle but I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, tonygreenbank said:

We even got our own game report in the Times this morning.

I quote: “Reports from India say that Venky’s, the Rovers owners are displeased with the situation but a change of manager is not thought to be imminent.”

First time I’ve read about Venky’s “concern” but no explanation as to these “reports”. What will not help the fans’ mood is what Mowbray said next “ We move on to the next game and hope our luck changes”.

I can’t believe we’ve gone from play off contention to a relegation scrap in a few short weeks. The parallel with Hull is very worrying.

Was under the impression that we are a professional football club with coaches and quite expensive/well paid players.

Hoping for some luck is what i do when i buy a "lucky-dip" lottery ticket 😳

Edited by Roverthechimp
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Was under the impression that we are a professional football club with coaches and quite expensive/well paid players.

Hoping for some luck is what i do when i buy a "lucky-dip" lottery ticket 😳

We have a coach called David Lowe ,who last night on several occasions looked absolutely bored to tears, if he is an example of the rest of the coaching staff , god help us !!

He would have been sacked 2 minutes after the final whistle , if I was in charge...

• Like 6

Another question- Daniel Ayala. Will we ever get anything from this guy? He’s 30, and thus far, has only played parts of 9 games in a Rovers shirt. So, he’s drawn a healthy paycheck to sit back and watch teenagers play his position, teens that return to their parent clubs next season. 
I suppose we will get another loaner or two next season to play his position... 

3 hours ago, 47er said:

TBF he did once head it off the line and prevented a certain goal. I don't remember him doing anything else positive.

He also had his supporters on here at the time who saw things the rest of us couldn't!

Scored 5 goals. Was a crap Prem player but as shown when he went to Ipswich and scored 9 in 20, probably alright at our current level.

Which shows up how bad some of our current lot must be relative to the old days...

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Didn’t he throw a bottle at a supporter once too? Travelled further than his passes usual did if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought Brereton was.our best player by miles. Impacted the game by his performance 

Yep he was the only one that took any risk, and not just safely unloading the ball to someone else. He is awkward at times, but he is a good player.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Another question- Daniel Ayala. Will we ever get anything from this guy? He’s 30, and thus far, has only played parts of 9 games in a Rovers shirt. So, he’s drawn a healthy paycheck to sit back and watch teenagers play his position, teens that return to their parent clubs next season. 
I suppose we will get another loaner or two next season to play his position... 

Ask Colin Wanker why he's here! Whilst you're at it, ask him why Pears is here too!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Scored 5 goals. Was a crap Prem player but as shown when he went to Ipswich and scored 9 in 20, probably alright at our current level.

Which shows up how bad some of our current lot must be relative to the old days...

A player of his ilk would walk into our side right now. Always seemed to do well internationally too. Didn’t have much chance to make a good first impression on us playing for that clown.

Think I remember him stepping up and slotting away a penalty in front of the Kop (may be wrong)

the pointing was annoying though

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Scored a late equaliser at West Brom many moons ago. 2-2 draw and they let us outside for a smoke at halftime. Proper club not like Birmingham who like to throw people out!

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's another he certainly seems unsackable.  How many managers has he held his clipboard under ?

His is another interesting tale. Involved in the academy until Bowyer became manager when he left the club. Then after Bowyer was removed he makes a sudden return, transitioning to the senior squad where he became assistant manager on Mowbray's arrival and dropping back to First Team coach when Venus rocked up.

Interesting to say the least.

• Like 3