BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

Actually really enjoyed that game today. We looked like a different team. From one with a single focal point to a real team performance.

Dolan has showed what he can offer (MoM today for me). Dack is a far better fulcrum and him and Arma are going to struggle to find common ground. When Dack was on top of his game pre-injury, Armstrong was out wide - which doesn’t suit Arma either. If we can get anything above £10m I say sell. Gallagher central is far better.

All of the things we have been asking for but Mowbray has stuck to his way. As soon as he can he will bring Arma back and drop Dolan.

A better manager would have had these lads in the play-offs this season.

Mowbray out but a little less pressure off in terms of relegation and reasons to be hopeful for the future if we can upgrade the manager.

• Like 7

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Trybull was stand out for me, with he two centre halves both doing very well.  

Maybe Rovers fans can enjoy a win this evening.  Burgundy Pinor Noir pour moi.

I too thought Trybull did well today. Better than expected tbf.

Really enjoyed that. A real battling performance with more than a few really good performances. I don’t get the default Buckley is crap comments, won his fair share of tackles, involved in the first goal and created two absolute sitter chances just before being hooked. Gave a few away but definitely promising. 

Give Dolan a 20-year contract immediately.

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 2

• Backroom

A much needed result. Difficult to read too much into the impact of Armstrong's absence as it was only one game against poor opposition. We'll see over the coming matches whether we really miss him or whether his selfish tendencies are genuinely having an impact on our team play. 

About bloody time, good win and performance. Notable differences with the tactics, the kind you need if you want to progress.

Realistically one win in 8 is dire and if they can come up with that when it's backs to the wall then why not when there is something to play for ?

Much needed 3 points but you can't kid a kidder, big picture nothing changes.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Check the spelling, but otherwise an excellent choice!

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

An excellent choice- just check the spelling!

• Like 1

Gallagher, Dolan, Trybull and the two centre backs all very good. Trybulls best performance for us and he showed a bit of fire for once. Great to see Dack get a much needed goal for his confidence he looked much fitter today as well. Rankin Costello had a good hour. And I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but I do think we've missed Bradley Johnson. Still though Mowbray needs to go.

• Like 1

One good performance doesn't make up for a poor couple of months, but we were genuinely impressive today. Much more like the performances at the start of the year.

He took a while to get in the game, but there were some really good contributions from Buckley too which were good to see. He has flaws to iron out, but his talent is there.

1 minute ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Well I am delighted with an away win at Millwall. Gallagher goal and maybe a more balanced team effort not relying solely on Armstrong to knock them in. 

Lets enjoy the moment and maybe the start of a run. 

enjoy it till the next game when he makes another 6 changes,he just can`t help himself😉

• Like 1

Massive win that. Could be hugely important so delighted with the three points. Was very unhappy with the line up but happy to be proven wrong. Of the big changes.

Dolan - Motm. He was a pest and the ball seemed to just stick to him. He really linked our forward play together

Dacky - yeah it was a deflection but he did what he does in and around the area. Found a pocket of space and scored. He and we looked far better with him further forwards. 

Buckley - Weirdly was very decent off the ball with some good interceptions and tackles. Poor with the ball though 

JRC - Seemed more balanced than Nyambe in his positioning. Offered a threat with his passing as opposed to Nyambes bursting runs.

Shout out to Harwood-Bellis, Trybull and Gallagher too. All worked hard and played their positions well. 

Thought it was a really good performance which we definitely deserved to win. The only time Millwall threatened was with Matt Smith. He's so huge though he'd trouble any side. Didn't think they were ever really in the game though.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yankfan said:

I understand the fella who pushed the crowd noise button at Ewood after Rovers score has been furloughed as he’s services are not expected to be needed for the next 4 months 

If we continue to play wingers wide, and others in their natural position they might have to call this fellow back in