BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

1 minute ago, ben_the_beast said:

Massive win that. Could be hugely important so delighted with the three points. Was very unhappy with the line up but happy to be proven wrong. Of the big changes.

Dolan - Motm. He was a pest and the ball seemed to just stick to him. He really linked our forward play together

Dacky - yeah it was a deflection but he did what he does in and around the area. Found a pocket of space and scored. He and we looked far better with him further forwards. 

Buckley - Weirdly was very decent off the ball with some good interceptions and tackles. Poor with the ball though 

JRC - Seemed more balanced than Nyambe in his positioning. Offered a threat with his passing as opposed to Nyambes bursting runs.

Shout out to Harwood-Bellis, Trybull and Gallagher too. All worked hard and played their positions well. 

Thought it was a really good performance which we definitely deserved to win. The only time Millwall threatened was with Matt Smith. He's so huge though he'd trouble any side. Didn't think they were ever really in the game though.

Just posted above about Buckley, thought he was poor on the ball in the first twenty minutes or so but over the course of the game played some very nice stuff too. If Dack, Rothwell or Elliott played that first time pass to Gally for his chance in the second half we wouldn't have shut up about it. Did well to set up Dack for what should've been a penalty too. 

Gave the ball away too much too, especially early on, but overall I think he grew into the game excellently. 

• Like 4

A big much needed win which should all but assure survival. But it was frustrating watching and thinking what could have been. Firstly Dolan has been used almost exclusively as a sub since the first few weeks of the season and when you see him today you can't help but think how he may have injected some life into some of those abysmal first halves that we have witnessed over the last few months. Dack looking so much better playing in his best position. If Lenihan played like that every game rather in every 1 in 3 or 4 then we'd be right in touch with the top 6, our results so often parallel how he performs. And finally Millwall went into today 10th and are still 11th and they are a hard working side but have no where near the quality that we have in our squad.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Just posted above about Buckley, thought he was poor on the ball in the first twenty minutes or so but over the course of the game played some very nice stuff too. If Dack, Rothwell or Elliott played that first time pass to Gally for his chance in the second half we wouldn't have shut up about it. Did well to set up Dack for what should've been a penalty too. 

Gave the ball away too much too, especially early on, but overall I think he grew into the game excellently. 

He did play a couple of very good passes. But generally he was poor with the ball. He gave it away a lot. And I'm not slating him here. It's one of the first times I've seen him hold his own. His work off the ball was very good. Usually he is a passenger. Today he wasn't. 

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

This is just my luck, decided to do some home maintenance rather than watch...... first game I've not watched and we're winning. Our bad run must be down to me!!

Keep going Rovers

Time for you to give up watching us then isn't it haha.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was going to do that as well  because if I had have done we'd probably not have lost another game.

Maybe I can hold off now. Lol.

Well get a tenner on it and then we'll make bucket loads betting on our future victories! 

It's always the way isn't it bet against your team and they teach you a lesson.

2 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

To those that saw the game what was Gally like once he was switched central?

Much better. Held the ball up well and looked a handful for their defenders. Looked like he was enjoying himself too playing in his correct position. 

• Like 2

A major improvement to me was that Dolan's immediate instinct was to link with others when playing Armstrong's role as opposed to always going on a run then shooting. It enabled Gallagher, Dack and (to a lesser extent) Brereton to get far more involved and we looked far more threatening as a result.

Also, JRC looked far more secure as an out-and-out right back compared to Nyambe. Although he was not seemingly under orders to get down the wing, he set himself up nearer to the touch line and had less ground to cover to stop crosses. At the end, Nyambe played on the edge of the area and could not contain them as easily.

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Looked like a passable footballer. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Much better. Held the ball up well and looked a handful for their defenders. Looked like he was enjoying himself too playing in his correct position. 

Thanks guys, he must have felt like the cat that got the cream moving into the role he's played all his career.  Good to hear he looked better, he is dog out wide as we all know, but he was a reasonably well rated player when he was central with us and at his previous clubs.  Hopefully TM smells the roses, finally and starts playing him there more.  I suspect SG will be having a word with him after the match, see Gaffer you gotta play me there more.

Well done to Dolan, he looks a real prospect and we need to see more of him on the pitch and not just for training.

Much needed win.

Better side without Armstrong central. 

I would offer this, Millwall are pretty much the only side in the champ that are  slower than us all over the pitch.   We matched them physically today.  

We go to pieces against any side with quick physical players.  Most teams in the league seem to have more of those players than us.

32 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Lets be honest. This was the only game in this group of fixtures which we had a good chance of winning. Millwall really were an attrocious side. The next 4 games are a different proposition.

Today makes a huge difference. It’s another reset for Mowbray and we are now stuck with him until at least the end of the season (if there was ever any doubt). The next test will be what he does when Armstrong is “fit” again.

54 minutes ago, Don Said said:

Needed those 3 points.

Lenihan and THB did their jobs very well at centre half. THB is miles better than Branthwaite.

Best individual performance for Rovers for a while from Dolan. Terrorized their back line, he was everywhere. He’s taking fewer touches and is being more effective with the ball which he needed to do to develop. Skill, pace and end product. Must keep him in the starting 11, let him develop in to being a big player for us next season.

The new Kevin Keegan ?

19 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

A major improvement to me was that Dolan's immediate instinct was to link with others when playing Armstrong's role as opposed to always going on a run then shooting. It enabled Gallagher, Dack and (to a lesser extent) Brereton to get far more involved and we looked far more threatening as a result.

Also, JRC looked far more secure as an out-and-out right back compared to Nyambe. Although he was not seemingly under orders to get down the wing, he set himself up nearer to the touch line and had less ground to cover to stop crosses. At the end, Nyambe played on the edge of the area and could not contain them as easily.

There are two ways of getting the ball forward from full back. Passing it or running with it. Running with it, if you lose the ball you're out of position. Passing it forward, if the pass goes astray you're still in position.

• Like 1