BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

6 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Still maintain a properly managed Sam Gallagher playing as an actual striker with the full confidence of his manager for an extended run could easily get 10-15 goals in this league.

Amen to this. 
22 goals for Sam in a Rovers shirt now. He’s still fairly young. 

• Like 2

Very pleasing victory. Still want him out but well done Mowbray for how the team was set up. The front 3 were so busy led by the pest that was Dolan who gave them no end of problems. Is his end product the best? No. Does he do too many stepovers and self confusing tricks? Yes. And do I think his long term position is up front? No. But he has definitely shown the manager that he warrants more game time, that defenders hate seeing him and that he should be a certain starter on Tuesday. Gallagher and Brereton were industrious albeit slightly awkward, the former very lucky to be on hand to score but in the right place to receive such luck, and as a trio, they were a pain in the arse of the Millwall defence.

Trybull was as good as anyone in the holding role. Buckley on the ball was dreadful, I have always felt that people focus too much on his physicality when in fact today, he won the ball back a few times but the slowness of thought and his use of the ball was piss poor, bar one superb run that should have led to a penalty. Dack was excellent unsurprisingly playing much closer to the strikers. He will get goals from there. Back 4 were all fine, with the 2 centre backs superb, especially the massively underrated Lenihan. Subs added little, with Rothwell winning the ball back very well before typifying his Rovers career with no end product.

Must say that some of the obsessive comments making out as if the third top scorer in the league is hindrance to us to be laughable. Sniping at an important player is a bizarre angle to take following a very pleasing victory. Armstrong will rightfully come in and improve this side when fit, indeed I think the set up we went with today will suit him and he would give us a real goal threat that todays 3 dont to the same degree.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was up at my mums and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the team. She said " I'll bet you a pound Rovers win ". I said " Go on then mum, I'll take Millwall ".

She has previous in this - we were watching England v West Germany in the 1970 World Cup in Mexico. At half time England were a goal up and she offered to back West Germany for a £5 bet. I was thinking she knew I was skint and it was a way of giving me a fiver !

I was sitting pretty when Keith Newton made a goal for England to go 2-0 up. The the Germans came back to win 3-2 !

Not only that but she wanted the fiver !

Thanks for the reminder TS. I can still feel the shock now. Worst match ever as an England fan

• Like 1

Good win that keeps the TM glacial journey rolling on. 

There's a load of positives. Dolan, Gally not being utterly useless when utilised properly and most importantly enough the points that should put all relegation talk to bed. 11 points at this stage of the season is a huge ask for a team to overcome so think we have guaranteed our safety. 

The negative is it wipes the slate clean and the tombola and tinkering suggest whilst the odd result may go our way we are going nowhere under TM. But I think we all knew that anyway and relegation would have screwed us over even more, so a positive day in a poor season. 

• Like 3

Totally dominated the game.

Makes you wonder how we lost 6 of the last 7. Could be that Milwall just didnt turn up.  Felt that way. Or could be the team was better setup with Dolan, Trybull, Buckley, JRC in the side in a 4231. 

We'll get to find out on Tuesday as it's likely, at least I hope to God, to be as close to an unchanged team as possible.

Thought Dolan was really terrific. Think he will be a top player for us. Buckley was very poor on the ball first half but interestingly put in some crunching tackles... I think he should get a run of games alongside Trybull.

Hey ho knowing Mowbray we will now win four of the next six.... Really hard to be enthused about it though as we will then probably lose all the games in April. Need more consistentcy.

• Like 2

Really pleased with the win today and the clean sheet. 

It's the first time in months I enjoyed listening to the Radio Lancs commentary of Bayes and Gallagher. 

The front 3 played well and it was good to Gallagher scored and Dolan playing so well. Maybe Mowbray should have started him more. Trybull seem to have a good game and Buckley next to him. 

The back 4 played as an unit and from what Gallagher said the full back didnt over attack today and kept it simple. 

I will watch the game back in the morning but it feels good to win. 

This doesn't change my view that we need a change of manager if we are going to achieve getting back to the premier league in the future

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Thanks for the reminder TS. I can still feel the shock now. Worst match ever as an England fan

She phoned me after todays game. She's 90 with a bad knee and she'd be at Ewood on Tuesday if she could. 

She said " Double or quits on Tuesday night ? " So I took the bet - 3 points for Rovers then.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think Wycombe or Sheff Wed will catch us, Rotherham might with their two games in hand.

Plus there are  others below us too.

Notably Birmingham if ever a team deserves relegation , plus we owe them one ...

If only Mowbray had played to the strengths of the individuals at his disposal....if only he played them in their natural positions .....today was a bit of a Travis moment ( played him because he had to...no alternative) ...

If only we had someone who could assess the true value of skill and positional awareness 

If only....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Just posted above about Buckley, thought he was poor on the ball in the first twenty minutes or so but over the course of the game played some very nice stuff too. If Dack, Rothwell or Elliott played that first time pass to Gally for his chance in the second half we wouldn't have shut up about it. Did well to set up Dack for what should've been a penalty too. 

Gave the ball away too much too, especially early on, but overall I think he grew into the game excellently. 

As I've said all along, he's a good player, he just needs a consistent run in midfield and a bit of toughening up. His passing is sublime at times, and he clearly has more talent than most in his position. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Obviously glad we got the win, been out working today, so didn’t manage to see anything of it until about an hour or so ago.

At least I can watch the highlights tomorrow and not be in a bad mood!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not really, Italy in '90 was worse than that.

The 2 worst

1. England 2 West Germany 3 1970. We were World Champions. Never been so disappointed - ever

2. England 0 Poland 1 1973. 90 minutes of pure torture

followed by Italia 90, Euro 96 and the Croatia semi defeat in the last World Cup

Anyway, back to mundanity and a welcome win over Millwall

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

The 2 worst

1. England 2 West Germany 3 1970. We were World Champions. Never been so disappointed - ever

2. England 0 Poland 1 1973. 90 minutes of pure torture

followed by Italia 90, Euro 96 and the Croatia semi defeat in the last World Cup

Anyway, back to mundanity and a welcome win over Millwall

England 1 v Poland 1 actually Jim but it felt like a loss.

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Very pleasing victory. Still want him out but well done Mowbray for how the team was set up. The front 3 were so busy led by the pest that was Dolan who gave them no end of problems. Is his end product the best? No. Does he do too many stepovers and self confusing tricks? Yes. And do I think his long term position is up front? No. But he has definitely shown the manager that he warrants more game time, that defenders hate seeing him and that he should be a certain starter on Tuesday. Gallagher and Brereton were industrious albeit slightly awkward, the former very lucky to be on hand to score but in the right place to receive such luck, and as a trio, they were a pain in the arse of the Millwall defence.

Trybull was as good as anyone in the holding role. Buckley on the ball was dreadful, I have always felt that people focus too much on his physicality when in fact today, he won the ball back a few times but the slowness of thought and his use of the ball was piss poor, bar one superb run that should have led to a penalty. Dack was excellent unsurprisingly playing much closer to the strikers. He will get goals from there. Back 4 were all fine, with the 2 centre backs superb, especially the massively underrated Lenihan. Subs added little, with Rothwell winning the ball back very well before typifying his Rovers career with no end product.

Must say that some of the obsessive comments making out as if the third top scorer in the league is hindrance to us to be laughable. Sniping at an important player is a bizarre angle to take following a very pleasing victory. Armstrong will rightfully come in and improve this side when fit, indeed I think the set up we went with today will suit him and he would give us a real goal threat that todays 3 dont to the same degree.

Not seen the game today so can't comment but who will be dropped for Armstrong?