BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The 2 worst

1. England 2 West Germany 3 1970. We were World Champions. Never been so disappointed - ever

2. England 0 Poland 1 1973. 90 minutes of pure torture

followed by Italia 90, Euro 96 and the Croatia semi defeat in the last World Cup

Anyway, back to mundanity and a welcome win over Millwall

The circus clown with gloves. 

TM praising Dolan for today which is nice to see as it motivates players to hear public praise from their manager. He didn't need to have the faded comment as it ends praise with criticism placing a negative as the final message to Dolan. In the main the lads done well for us, which is quite something, given he was playing U18s last year and TM just hasn't been giving him the chances. Even as a sub he makes an impact, I hope today means we see more of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Didn't Ripley start in that game?

Yeah he did it was his 1st cap,Ian Wright scored 4 but that was overshadowed,Taylor resigned a few days later and Venables was next up in the job.

Where has that performance been fir the last few months? Were we better of Millwall poor? I actually think we were much better.

Doesn't change my opinion on Mowbray - One swallow & all that - but I never want Rovers to lose & it eases a bit of the relegation fear which was getting real.

On the game, Trybull & Lenihan were excellent, THB did well,  JRC likewise, but was obviously blowing out of arse after an hour.

Dacky, well, it was more like Dacky. In his preferred position, linked up well, getting into the box & should've had a 2nd had it not been for a blatant foul which the ref somehow decided was a corner & not a pen.

Gally much better up front (who'd have guessed! 🙄), and Buckley, after a dodgy first half, played some nice stuff in the 2nd. Yes, I've slated him in the past but, credit where it's due, he didn't look like a kid in a man's game today. 👏.

Now, Dolan! Wow, easily MoM for me. The little fella was tremendous. Those Millwall defenders must've been knackered at the end. He never gave them a moments peace, like a wasp - constantly buzzing round them and just wouldn't fuck off! We all know the feeling! Well played lad. 

Gonna forget about TM for tonight & enjoy a beer, before normal service is resumed.

Please Tony, same team on Tuesday.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Much like the mowbray fans on Facebook are trying to have their I told you so moment. I'm going to have mine.. who on here was telling me they'd rather have Evans than trybull? 

Thought trybull was very good today 

Those same people were arguing that Dolan's just a kid, the smug shites.

14 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Much like the mowbray fans on Facebook are trying to have their I told you so moment. I'm going to have mine.. who on here was telling me they'd rather have Evans than trybull? 

Thought trybull was very good today 

4 bastard points from 24 and the first time played well since November. If this is an I told you so moment there’s no helping them. 

• Like 4

Two moments today showed why, Imo,  Gally will never be prolific. First, when Trybull had the long ranger that the goalie palmed out, Gally didn’t move a muscle until the ball had bounced off the keeper, a natural striker would have been on the move as the ball was hit, there was plenty of time to anticipate the shot. And second when Buckley put him clean through and he just whacked it straight at the keeper, no finesse.

Interesting today that we didn’t miss Travis one bit and were much better without Armstrong. It’s becoming pretty clear you can’t have him and Dack in the same team and both be effective.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Two moments today showed why, Imo,  Gally will never be prolific. First, when Trybull had the long ranger that the goalie palmed out, Gally didn’t move a muscle until the ball had bounced off the keeper, a natural striker would have been on the move as the ball was hit, there was plenty of time to anticipate the shot. And second when Buckley put him clean through and he just whacked it straight at the keeper, no finesse.

Interesting today that we didn’t miss Travis one bit and were much better without Armstrong. It’s becoming pretty clear you can’t have him and Dack in the same team and both be effective.

There was also once when Douglas put him through inside the box but he was caught on his heels. Mind you, his lucky goal came from being in a good position but he is not and I suspect never will be a prolific goalscorer.

I think both of those players would have only further improved todays performance. One of the keys was Dack back closer to the striker, have we ever really tried Dack behind Armstrong? He would have added a far more potent goal threat than any of the 3 chosen. And Travis would have provided more quality than Buckley beside Trybull.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

She phoned me after todays game. She's 90 with a bad knee and she'd be at Ewood on Tuesday if she could. 

She said " Double or quits on Tuesday night ? " So I took the bet - 3 points for Rovers then.

Does your mum do the lottery TS? It seems she has a certain skill at predictions! 
Talking about bad results for England, who did she predict in the England-Scotland game in 1967? That was a real highlight. 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There was also once when Douglas put him through inside the box but he was caught on his heels. Mind you, his lucky goal came from being in a good position but he is not and I suspect never will be a prolific goalscorer.

I think both of those players would have only further improved todays performance. One of the keys was Dack back closer to the striker, have we ever really tried Dack behind Armstrong? He would have added a far more potent goal threat than any of the 3 chosen. And Travis would have provided more quality than Buckley beside Trybull.

Agree to disagree. Travis, much as I like him, has never done anything like the two chances Bucko created for Gally and Dack. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm not sure Armstrong is the sort of striker that looks to bring other players in to the game regularly. That's part of the problem.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Everything seems that much rosier after a win.

I said before the game Tony was throwing a Hail Mary; you set yourself up for a beating if it doesn’t come off, it was ballsy and it paid off, fair play to him.

Risking the ire of @roversfan99 I am one that thinks we benefited from Armstrong’s absence today, Dolan took his chance to show the problems he can cause and others came into their own as well. Armstrong is a very tidy forward and his output this season is unquestionable but having a plan B has been missing this season.

• Like 3

It's clear as day we are a better team without Armstrong. Been noticeable for a good while. I think something changed with around the time to that Bristol city game where he went from greedy, to taking the piss. Which coincided with our double dip downward spiral. Not saying it's his fault, as maybe a different manager could integrate him in a way that benefits the team (upfront with Gallagher?). As things stand he doesn't link up or bring others into play in any make,shape or form. 56 more shots than the next player in the league. Outrageous. 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Everything seems that much rosier after a win.

I said before the game Tony was throwing a Hail Mary; you set yourself up for a beating if it doesn’t come off, it was ballsy and it paid off, fair play to him.

Risking the ire of @roversfan99 I am one that thinks we benefited from Armstrong’s absence today, Dolan took his chance to show the problems he can cause and others came into their own as well. Armstrong is a very tidy forward and his output this season is unquestionable but having a plan B has been missing this season.

Just makes no sense to me, and doesnt sit right that there is so much criticism of such a prolific scorer who didnt even play today.

Over the course of this season, would you think that we would have collected more or less points had Armstrong not played a minute? Surely the former if we benefit from his absence. Same question to you @Bigdoggsteel And do you think that the 3 would have made up for his 19 goal output?

And what did you feel of the individual performances of the front 3 today? I thought Dolan was the pick, mainly through his raw enthusiasm really, his end product wasnt really of much note and he tricked himself a couple of times but he was a pain in the arse. Gallagher worked hard but often held onto the ball too long, and Brereton was very quiet. 

You could put Armstrong in any of the 3 positions, he has the pace to play that, and he would have benefitted from Dack being much closer to the striker which hasnt been the case in recent weeks, take Tuesday night when Rothwell was invisible, Evans gets a nosebleed across the half way line and Armstrong was on his own in a different postcode. Armstrong in recent weeks has been far less selfish but has shown sides to his game that I didnt think were there, holding the ball up at times and bringing others into play, and his movement (often ignored) is intelligent. 

The thing separating the 3 today with Armstrong is the goal output and that is the most important part of a forward. If Armstrong is the hindrance many are making out, and he is attracting suitors, think of the money we can make on Gallagher, Brereton and Dolan!

• Like 3