Jump to content

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

My daughters 1st birthday on Saturday so the chances of me watching or even checking the scores are slim to none. Might watch efl on quest later on at a push.

Millwall rarely lose, we lose lots, difficult to imagine anything at all here. Beaten again by a team full of average players led by a manager with a clear plan.

At least one of us on here will have a good time on Saturday then!.

Hope you, your daughter and your family have a lovely day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

My daughters 1st birthday on Saturday so the chances of me watching or even checking the scores are slim to none. Might watch efl on quest later on at a push.

Millwall rarely lose, we lose lots, difficult to imagine anything at all here. Beaten again by a team full of average players led by a manager with a clear plan.

Definitely don't check the scores,don't let Rovers ruin a great day for you and your family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Does anyone know his salary? He's certainly not on the minimum wage, but I suspect it's in six figures.

Well into 6 figures, but he will still be wanting a full payoff for the remainder of his contract because that's what multimillionaires do. How much of that does he give to charities for the less fortunate, I wonder. Talk is cheap but we've got used to that with Mowbray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

This has 1-1 draw written all over it, and we march on into nothingness.


Would be nice to see one of youngsters getting a go soon. A JRC return, Pike and McBride debuts might cheer me up a bit.

Magloire and Chapman seem to be having really good loan spells so that is a little good news for next season. As for this year, can’t wait for it too be done. Tony doesn’t appear to be going anywhere.

The experience picked up by Magloire and Chapman will be useful in League 1 next season. But Chapman won't stick around if Mowbray is still here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My birthday is Sunday... all I want is a point... just a measly POINT from my beloved Rovers.

C’mon, Tony, help to make this Texan with low expectations a happy man!  🤠

Edited by WacoRover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't look like Mr Mowbray is going anywhere so if you cant beat them... join them!  Backing the boys to do something special otherwise the biscuit dunker could walk.  That is the only way things will change.  Anyway, I have hopeful for something this weekend and then kick on against the big boys.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

My birthday is Sunday... all I want is a point... just a measly POINT from my beloved Rovers.

C’mon, Tony, help to make this Texan with low expectations a happy man!  🤠

True that, one point goes a long way to help in the relegation battle. Better to get the points now than towards the end. Can't see Rovers been able to handle a relegation battle as we weren't built for that at the start of the season (mentally & team-wise).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alcd said:

Well into 6 figures, but he will still be wanting a full payoff for the remainder of his contract because that's what multimillionaires do. How much of that does he give to charities for the less fortunate, I wonder. Talk is cheap but we've got used to that with Mowbray. 

My god you sound bitter...

Why on earth would he not want a payoff? If you were in that situation would you walk away from £500k? £1m after you’d done your best? No chance.

How much do you earn? How much of your wage is spent on booze? How much do you give to charity? Too personal right? Exactly. What he is paid and what he spends his money on is of no interest to you or any fan.

Unless...unless it’s you Balaji? 🤣

Edited by Paul Mani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The most important thing about this game is not the result, or the performance, but how working class I feel afterwards.

There's room in the top six they are telling you fools
But first you must learn to win more than lose
If you want to be like the folks in wide shoes

...that would be something to be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

My god you sound bitter...

Why on earth would he not want a payoff? If you were in that situation would you walk away from £500k? £1m after you’d done your best? No chance.

How much do you earn? How much of your wage is spent on booze? How much do you give to charity? Too personal right? Exactly. What he is paid and what he spends his money on is of no interest to you or any fan.

Unless...unless it’s you Balaji? 🤣

My god you sound completely disconnected from the ordinary fan.

Your posts regularly suggest you have an agenda to protect the interests of the cosseted ones around Blackburn Rovers.

Why don't you keep it in your pants and stop trying to rub others' noses in the abject indecency that has become the norm around Ewood, eh?

Unless it is you, Tony's crony?? 😉

Back on topic - 0-1 to Rovers, with 2 players sent off in a bad tempered game.

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Getting back on topic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't begrudge a pay off if their on a contract, can begrudge them hanging on for every last penny though.

There used to be something called mutual consent.

As it goes i'd just say 2 weeks notice from the end of this season and i wouldn't be telling them that until the final ball had been kicked. It wouldn't depend on where we finished either because time for change is here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course we shouldn’t expect him to walk away from 15 months of a contract. He’ll have no clue when and where his next job will be or for what remuneration. He has to look after himself and his family, like we all would.

So he needs to stop coming out with holier than thou platitudes like ‘I’ll walk away if I’m a burden’, as when push comes to shove he has no intention of doing so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course we shouldn’t expect him to walk away from 15 months of a contract. He’ll have no clue when and where his next job will be or for what remuneration. He has to look after himself and his family, like we all would.

So he needs to stop coming out with holier than thou platitudes like ‘I’ll walk away if I’m a burden’, as when push comes to shove he has no intention of doing so.

Yep and it's back to 'mutual consent' - Give me the option of resigning before i'm sacked but with compensation and saving a bit of face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

History to repeat itself as we grab the 1 win in 11 games Vs Millwall. Ideal opponents for us - mid table so not masses of quality nor scrapping for points. Realise I have a lot of predictions wrong recently but I do see us sneaking this one. Add in we beat Millwall last time by playing absymally and introduced a 4-2-2-2-2-2-2 formation or some other such nonsense that bamboozled Millwall, the Rovers team and us fans alike and I really think the win is on. You know a bit like one of those bobbled shots that is misjudged and somehow goes in. More error than design but we will take 3 points and stay in this league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Millwall have only lost three games at home all season (albeit they've drawn 10 out of 17) and only four teams have taken fewer points than us away from home so I would be surprised if we went there and won. 

1-0 to Millwall, or a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. Should be a thriller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They will just do what every other team does. Let us have the ball, pass it around, get 60-70% possession, never trouble their defense let alone keeper, and then capitalise whenever one of our pointless passes goes astray. 

Edited by JacknOry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No optimism for this one, and not really that bothered.  More possession and sideways and backwards passing, then a soft goal given away followed by five weird substitutions with no apparent plan.

Will I decide to pay £10 to watch in iFollow ........................probably

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

 

Needs to be 4-3-3 tomorrow. 

Which probably means Tony will change to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or some other random formation because he'll look at that I think "Ah ha! I know! Look at those stats, they'll be expecting us to stick with 4-3-3, so we'll change it up a bit to confuse them!"

"Let's go, 3-4-1-2! I know, I've never heard of it either, but it could just work!"

(voice at the back from the young right back) "Shouldn't we practise is first boss?"

"Stupid Boy!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.