BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Millwall v rovers

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

I thought Buckley played well yesterday, not necessarily from a standout point of view, but much better than usual. I’d be interested to rewatch it again and try and focus on Buckley like @JoeHobviously has. 

I’m quite wary of video snippets, but will give it the benefit of the doubt because it’s Joe posting them and not a generic stats account. I used to work for the biggest sports broadcaster in the world and we often used to create a narrative then find snippets to back up our agenda. I once produced a 2 minute segment on why Kovacic was the best central midfielder in the Premier League because we wanted to see if we could make a convincing argument. It was broadcast to millions of people and was entirely plausible. He’s not even the best midfielder at Chelsea. 

Damned with faint praise. You wrote him off quite early on so I suppose you have to caveat any acknowledgment of a promising performance with a comparator which only raises more doubts. 

24 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

He definitely also gave quite a number of very lax sloppy passes away yesterday. He was mixed in terms of his on the ball play. His main 2 contributions were very decent. The Gally pass and the run and pass for the penalty claim. But he absolutely did give it away under little pressure on multiple occasions. 

In saying that it was by far his best performance as he was actually brilliant off the ball. Some strong tackles, good interceptions and a lot more energy. Overall I'd say it was a good performance. But he was bloody sloppy at times.

Completely fair criticism. Being generous I'd say that we might put a lot of his stray passes in the first 30 mins or so down to him being rusty, but they were still moments of poor play so it doesn't do anybody any favours to dress them up too much.

There was a lot of good and bad with him yesterday, but the the good was definitely enough to show that there's some proper talent there. The work out of possession shows that it's a bit of a myth that he needs to 'toughen up' too. Far more important for players of his type to be sharp enough to get to the ball first, and then on the occasions that you do need to make the tackle, be brave enough to commit. Good signs on that front yesterday. 

I think he just needs a run of starts. Looking really likely that we'll be without Holtby and Downing next year, who are broadly similar players. Assuming we're safe, I'd look to give him a run this season because as likely as not we'll be expecting a good deal more from him next year. 

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You're just upset he didn't have a stinker. 

He did really.  People on here are just magnifying simple passes that others in the team do as standard during a game.  Imagine if he had a shot, or maybe scored a goal ............😙 never looks like it to me.  Special pass from the naysayers.

Just now, Pennymeadowrover said:

It was a 4-2-3-1 

it suits Dack as I think he lacks mobility.

Yeah, that was my point, he certainly won't be fit enough to play in a 4-3-3 yet. Another player that has already been written off. It will be next season when he's back to his best, when he's had a full pre-season behind him. 

I don't think he lacks mobility, he just lacks raw pace. Luckily he's a very good footballer who doesn't need to be an 'athlete'.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He did really.  People on here are just magnifying simple passes that others in the team do as standard during a game.  Imagine if he had a shot, or maybe scored a goal ............😙 never looks like it to me.  Special pass from the naysayers.

To be fair, you probably aren't the best person to judge. If he walked on water you'd say it was because he couldn't swim. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Yeah, that was my point, he certainly won't be fit enough to play in a 4-3-3 yet. Another player that has already been written off. It will be next season when he's back to his best, when he's had a full pre-season behind him. 

I don't think he lacks mobility, he just lacks raw pace. Luckily he's a very good footballer who doesn't need to be an 'athlete'.

He’s a Budget Beckham. Wants a showbiz life more than a football life. 

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

To be fair, you probably aren't the best person to judge. If he walked on water you'd say it was because he couldn't swim. 

Just a shot would do....a goal would be fabulous.......I've nothing against the lad personally but it's strange how others haven't had a go ahead of him.....its not like he's been wowing us or anything....in fact the opposite.    

Fairs fair mate, Mowbray is a clique type chap and our club is fucked because of it...face fits culture....look at Chapman...fecking 100 times better than Bucko....what the hell is happening ?

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Fairs fair mate, Mowbray is a clique type chap and our club is fucked because of it...face fits culture....look at Chapman...fecking 100 times better than Bucko....what the hell is happening ?

I can't take you seriously when you say things like that. 

Anyway, how many goals has Whiteman scored at PNE from open play?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Come on matey, the ball to Gallagher was worth the £10 fee alone. Speed of thought and a lovely touch.  If that had been a certain midfield player not far from here ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I can't take you seriously when you say things like that. 

If they went 1v1 100 times I would bet that Chapman would out pace him, out muscle him and generally be just miles better 90% of the time.  Its obvious for anyone to see....

Can you honestly see young Bucko going past players and twatting the ball in at.League 1 level....no chance, not got it in him.  He can pass it 10 yards though.

I think that's more starts in the championship for BW in 6 weeks than wonderboy has had in his career.😆 

He couldn't cope with Donnys reserves a couple of weeks back mate, give it a rest.