BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New fitness coach

Chris Rush:

“Although I will leave the club at the start of March I am very positive about the direction the club is taking. Under Tony Mowbray, the club has been transformed since relegation to League One in 2017. The performance environment he has built can only contribute to any future success."

No comment required

• 11 months later...

The fitness of the team has been amazing at times this season especially compared to previous ones. Yes still many similar niggling injuries but is the improvement in match fitness down to something or someone new ?

Or is it just younger hungrier team with more desire ? Or has TM shook up the training methods after getting himself on stronger tea bags.

I posed a question a few times in the past what the highly rated Chris Rush brought to the team seeing as we had poor overall fitness compared to a lot of others. 

Coincidence ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

The fitness of the team has been amazing at times this season especially compared to previous ones. Yes still many similar niggling injuries but is the improvement in match fitness down to something or someone new ?

Or is it just younger hungrier team with more desire ? Or has TM shook up the training methods after getting himself on stronger tea bags.

I posed a question a few times in the past what the highly rated Chris Rush brought to the team seeing as we had poor overall fitness compared to a lot of others. 

Coincidence ?

Think both actually. A younger squad has led to better fitter but I feel that Rovers have worked harder on fitness this season then previous in my opinion. 

It will be interesting who replace him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think both actually. A younger squad has led to better fitter but I feel that Rovers have worked harder on fitness this season then previous in my opinion. 

It will be interesting who replace him

Whoever has been doing it this season seems to have done a good job it's the fittest team we've had for a long time. Obviously it's now full of more willing runners and workers than before so that plays a big part.

I presume to training sessions are often quite intense so picking up niggles is probably collateral damage. Just got to hope they keep trying to sign robust young players.

Snowflake Rovers is a thing of the past.