BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Site adverts

Gav

Question

Afternoon Mods,

The adverts on the site seem to have gone bonkers over the last 48hrs, click the forum link, immediate advert you need to read/click before access.

I understand the need to support the site, but is this the new normal?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 05/03/2021 at 17:13, Gav said:

Afternoon Mods,

The adverts on the site seem to have gone bonkers over the last 48hrs, click the forum link, immediate advert you need to read/click before access.

I understand the need to support the site, but is this the new normal?

Thanks

We haven't changed anything regarding adverts, if anything's changed then it's at Google's end.

5 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Please could you do us a favour & try it using Chrome on your iPhone & report back on here ? 

Tried on Chrome and I was presented with and Ad as you would expect.

So may just be a Safari issue?

Thanks.

• Like 1

Morning Mods.

Is it just me or have the adverts now taken over the bulk of the site? They're far more prominent than the threads and pages themselves.

I fully understand the need to fund the site and most accepted the switch to adverts, but this has gone beyond that, its difficult to read the site now.

I'm using Chrome on PC this morning.

Cheers

Edited by Gav
On 27/07/2021 at 08:07, Gav said:

Morning Mods.

Is it just me or have the adverts now taken over the bulk of the site? They're far more prominent than the threads and pages themselves.

I fully understand the need to fund the site and most accepted the switch to adverts, but this has gone beyond that, its difficult to read the site now.

I'm using Chrome on PC this morning.

Cheers

How the ads are presented is entirely down to Google, we have no control over that. And yes, that’s how we fund the site, so it’s a conundrum.

Behind the scenes a *LOT* of work is going on (& it will become abundantly clear quite soon…😉) but right now that is on our list to consider options & alternatives…including but not only an ad-free option for a small monthly subscription.

• Like 1

The adverts seem to have gone off the scale more recently, its every click now for me, presented with a pair of breasts and "This picture shouldn't have been taken", not sure what that says about me........😄

The iPhone version restricts access to the banner section of the site (Profile etc) as thats covered with a advert when you expand the list.

I understand the need for ads, you've said in the past you have no control over them, is that still the case?

Its becoming hard going.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

The adverts seem to have gone off the scale more recently, its every click now for me, presented with a pair of breasts and "This picture shouldn't have been taken", not sure what that says about me........😄

The iPhone version restricts access to the banner section of the site (Profile etc) as thats covered with a advert when you expand the list.

I understand the need for ads, you've said in the past you have no control over them, is that still the case?

Its becoming hard going.

Cheers.

The ads you’re being served are based on your search history and internet profile, so whatever you’re seeing is relevant to that…

…saying that, I specified I don’t want anyone to see adverts linked to sex, tobacco or gambling. So can you screenshot what you’re seeing so that I can complain to the provider?

I’m not sure what the banner section of the website is either. Can you post a screenshot of that page too? 

We have a little more control at the moment because we have a new company involved. I’m trying to build a profile of how much each viewer is worth to BRFCS so that I can attach a minimum value to an ad-free membership. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

The ads you’re being served are based on your search history and internet profile, so whatever you’re seeing is relevant to that…

…saying that, I specified I don’t want anyone to see adverts linked to sex, tobacco or gambling. So can you screenshot what you’re seeing so that I can complain to the provider?

I’m not sure what the banner section of the website is either. Can you post a screenshot of that page too? 

We have a little more control at the moment because we have a new company involved. I’m trying to build a profile of how much each viewer is worth to BRFCS so that I can attach a minimum value to an ad-free membership. 

Let me be clear, they're not sex adverts at all, here is the link, but often the captions reads:

"Look Closer - Wedding picture that shouldn't have been taken" often the emphasis is on a woman's chest.

https://wordsa.com/trending/fuuny-wedding-photo-fails?utm_source=zemanta&f=1&utm_campaign=3423431_4619153&utm_ad_id=33211115&utm_medium=www.brfcs.com%24%24b1_appnexus&ts=20211204120504&_z1_adgid=4619153&_z1_caid=33211115&_z1_msid=b1_appnexus&_z1_pub=www.brfcs.com&zpbid=8060_39aeb036-54fa-11ec-b315-7b0c52ad08e9

18 hours ago, StubbsUK said:

Can you send me a screenshot because we haven’t made any changes to the frequency or placement of ads for nearly 6 months. Even when we introduced the ad free subscription we didn’t turn them up for non subscribers like a lot of sites would.

I was outvoted 😂 *joking*

• Like 1