BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

One thing we can't afford to do against this lot is touch them in the box because they won't hesitate to dive. They are the sort of side who epitomise everything that is wrong with modern football with their diving and over the top bench that jump around at the slightest thing trying to influence the ref. 

My team

Belgian

Nyambe Lenihan HB 3.at back

JRC wide right, Johnson holding with Elliot and Rothwell going forward  from midfield and Dolan wide left cutting in and running up and down all day like he does.

Brereton and Dack up top

352 we need numbers in midfield against these lads...ayew like to play down the middle so 3 at the back would make it hard work for him.

Edited by Sparks Rover

I’d like to see Buckley, Dolan and jrc play as many games as possible. There all dead rubbers so let’s give them some proper game time and let them make there mistakes and build confidence now and plan for next season. Would of been nice to see magloire or Carter do the same instead of letting the prem kids do it instead . At least we would know what we had at our disposal next season and god forbid one of them might be good enough to keep a place so when inevitably defenders don’t come it won’t be as bad. Sorry I know to much sense and joined up thinking . 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d like to see Buckley, Dolan and jrc play as many games as possible. There all dead rubbers so let’s give them some proper game time and let them make there mistakes and build confidence now and plan for next season. Would of been nice to see magloire or Carter do the same instead of letting the prem kids do it instead . At least we would know what we had at our disposal next season and god forbid one of them might be good enough to keep a place so when inevitably defenders don’t come it won’t be as bad. Sorry I know to much sense and joined up thinking . 

Yes - Apart from THB and Douglas (no viable current alternative) we should be looking to field an 11 of players who we think will be here next season.

E.g Trybull had a good game Saturday but likely won't be here next season - maybe we should go Buckley/Travis/Dack rather than Buckley/Trybull/Dack to see if it works at all.

One watch out for that tomorrow is JRC. Just back from a hamstring and went off with cramp after an hour on Saturday. Another start tomorrow could be a risk not worth taking so soon, especially with Nyambe able to step directly in (that said don't be surprised if Mowbray starts Bennett!!).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d like to see Buckley, Dolan and jrc play as many games as possible. There all dead rubbers so let’s give them some proper game time 

We've been completely dumbed down beyond belief.  Expectations are down, dead rubbers at the beginning of March, trying kids we arent sure are good enough. The ones that are good enough are all out on loan scoring for other teams and playing well by all accounts.

It's another shit show of a season but let's accept it and look for tiddling signs of life.  If the 3 above play a lot next season minus the out of contract players and Mowbray in charge, we are.going down. 1 game against a really shit Milwall

Mowbray out 

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

One thing we can't afford to do against this lot is touch them in the box because they won't hesitate to dive. They are the sort of side who epitomise everything that is wrong with modern football with their diving and over the top bench that jump around at the slightest thing trying to influence the ref. 

Have they signed Brereton? 😄

55 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Swan dives. 

• Like 1

• K-Hod pinned this topic
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

what would people team been? 

my team would be 

Kaminski

JRC Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas

Buckley Trybull Dack

Dolan      Gallagher   Brereton

I'd be really surprised if we went back to 433 after finally winning with 4231, especially against a Swans team that can pass through is for fun. 

So same personnel but with Trybull and Buckley sitting, Dack more advanced behind Dolan, Gallagher right, Brereton left.

@Hoochie Bloochie MamaTrying to second guess Mowbray will make you mental. The man's all about confusing the opposition and stopping them from playing (not that that isn't a good thing) rather than playing a style of our own consistently.

The team that played against Millwall only played like they hadn't played together before for 10-15 minutes, which means somebody sneaked a few minutes of training them together pre-match.

I can seethe post match interview after a defeat. 'The fans forced me to play Nyambe, which is why we lost. Why Nyambe didn't cover THB for their first goal, I can't explain. He left a player unmarked on the left post for their second. He gave the ball away on the halfway line for their third. He failed to cross the ball in, when we could have scored. We gave it our all, out there.'

I didn’t think this death spiral would be as early or as severe but I was looking at these fixtures - reading, millwall, Swansea, Bristol, Brentford and Norwich to be the knock out blow for Mowbray before the international break on the weekend of the 27th.

I was then hoping even at the glacial pace the club moves at the next manager would somehow be in place mid April giving him 4-5 easier fixtures to evaluate the squad. Followed by a summer of a total defensive rebuild which has eluded Mowbray for 4 years.

However, it appears the unsackable Mowbray is hanging on to the bitter end. Certainly for those fully paid up members of the cult of Mowbray 4 points from 24 is practically time to crack the champagne out. A change seems almost impossible. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

I would strive to play as many as possible who will be here next season, but that would not keep me from playing Elliott. We need his passing & creativity (tied for 2nd in assists behind Toney). If JR-C is fit, play him more minutes vs swans. 

I have my doubts we can win, but a tie is possible. Play the 11 that have the best chance to be successful. 

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I didn’t think this death spiral would be as early or as severe but I was looking at these fixtures - reading, millwall, Swansea, Bristol, Brentford and Norwich to be the knock out blow for Mowbray before the international break on the weekend of the 27th.

I was then hoping even at the glacial pace the club moves at the next manager would somehow be in place mid April giving him 4-5 easier fixtures to evaluate the squad. Followed by a summer of a total defensive rebuild which has eluded Mowbray for 4 years.

However, it appears the unsackable Mowbray is hanging on to the bitter end. Certainly for those fully paid up members of the cult of Mowbray 4 points from 24 is practically time to crack the champagne out. A change seems almost impossible. 

Those Mowbrayites don't seem to realise that 4 points from 24 is relegation form. Wins in any of the next four games would have Mowbray equated to Dalglish. Oh, Dan Clough has already done that. Win all 4 and Mowbray will be nominated for sainthood. 18 points out of 36 is mid table mediocrity.

I checked the final game for Middlesborough in the 2012/13 season. It was a 2-0 defeat to Sheff Wed. Mowbray's team did concede 70 goals in the season. Prescient Mowbray. The death spiral was 3 wins, 3 draws and 15 defeats with wins and draws strategically placed. Middlesborough finished in 16th, one place and one point above us.

Now the question for me, is how an Mowbray send a team out to win or draw for him, whenever he needs to? If he has that ability, why doesn't he use it every game? We saw it here this season in the games before the first international break. 

So is it out of spite or contempt for the owners/fans that he takes his teams on death spirals?

• Like 1