BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

That was a second excellent performance in a row - just far more like a team, more motivated, brighter and quicker. Some nice passing moves.

Better in the first half than the second (just) but I still felt we could have nicked a winner until the late substitutions in search of a point.

Bit of a shame we couldn’t have taken all the points on the night but “on paper” a decent point.

Dack is far better as the fulcrum up front then he is when he is more marginalised.

What happens when Armstrong is fit again will be interesting. No doubt he will start again as soon as possible - despite any form the team is in - with him and Elliott included instead of Gallagher and Dolan.

Seeing reading and Barnsley in the top six is really hurting me. Are we a top six squad or not is debatable until you see what’s in the mix. We were more than capable of finishing top six this season with a better manager. Really frustrating and could possibly be the best chance we had. Fans back and some big teams in the league next season . Frustrated , frustrating how rovers have made me feel no matter what for the last 3 years

• Like 5

Plus points: Dolan had an excellent first half but faded in the second. Best game I've seen from Buckley. 

Minus: You'd think with a top forward like Ayew in our side we'd have won that. Brereton should have scored that chance at the start of the 2nd half all day long

• Like 1

Have to admit I enjoyed that.

Buckley very impressive which is good to see (yet slightly surprising if I'm honest).

Trybull played well again, I hope it was just a bit of cramp near the end.

Dacky promising again and it adds further weight behind the argument of him and Armstrong not playing in the same team.

Where do we go from here though? I must say we look a million miles off relegation candidates which is a relief as a few weeks ago it looked nailed on. Yet we ain't making the play offs. 

Armstrong doesn't start for me now, it's likely he won't be here next season so stick with players that will apart from the positions with little in the way of alternatives.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

That was a second excellent performance in a row - just far more like a team, more motivated, brighter and quicker. Some nice passing moves.

Better in the first half than the second (just) but I still felt we could have nicked a winner until the late substitutions in search of a point.

Bit of a shame we couldn’t have taken all the points on the night but “on paper” a decent point.

Dack is far better as the fulcrum up front then he is when he is more marginalised.

What happens when Armstrong is fit again will be interesting. No doubt he will start again as soon as possible - despite any form the team is in - with him and Elliott included instead of Gallagher and Dolan.

i`de sell him and buy a nasty,ugly centre forward and a nastly ugly centre back,bit more steel required i think

• Like 3

I’ve been a massive critic of Buckley but tonight was certainly his best game in a Rovers shirt. Trybull looking like a player and Dack looking like he’s getting back sharp. Still #MowbrayOut of course though. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Yes, i agree performances have been better last two games but lets remember this always happens.When we have nothing to play for we move up a gear. Team is full of bottles jobs when they come anywhere close to the top six.

Aye whenever we get within touching distance of any of the places that mean you could get promoted, we plummet like a stone.  Blackburn Bottlers since we went down, kean aside, sadly....  Just saying he had us 2nd...... 

Tin hat on.  😉

A performance more reminiscent of earlier on in the season. JRC’s return cannot be understated...I think he offers so much going in both directions. Buckley was superb throughout and needs a run of 10-15 games to really see if he can put in consistent performances like that. His close control and centre of gravity were very encouraging. 

• Like 2

Up to 14th!

Soft penalty but Gallagher should know better.

You've got to ask yourself why Mowbray didn't change things earlier in the season while we were still in with a shout. The simple answer is he was forced into it with Armstrong's injury, nothing would have changed otherwise.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

Good performance and dissapointing not to get a win.

The commentators are absolutely infuriating, especially Warren Lucy. Does anyone think they are any good? Absolutely transfixed from a bias viewpoint about refs, Lenihan jumps up and punches it and they dont say a word yet they go made at decisions that dont actually happen!

Dack for me was man of the match, he seemed the only goal threat really for us and is just levels above, such a clever footballer. Buckley was very good too, again combative and more decisive on the ball. Trybull again very good too, them 2 behind Dack have struck up the most unlikely of effective partnerships. Defence all 7 out of 10.

Front 3 all busy but theres little goal threat there and thats why Armstrong walks back in. Brereton with a poor miss and Gallagher clumsy as ever for the penalty. Dolan 100mph as ever and full of tricks.

• Like 3

Simple as for me, arma plays better without dack, dack plays better without arma. Additionally, also another simple one, rankin Costello is a terrific little player, so much better defensively with him in the team, his positional sense is good, and he has great football intelligence, something which nyambe lacks. Lastly, and again, simply, Dolan is excellent and should never have been dropped the way he was, it’s his game out of possession that is so impressive, add to that his running with the ball, pace and skills, just makes him a nightmare for opposition, that’s why we were so good at the start of the season he was doing that every game and for me it influenced Brereton, he was doing the same and looked better when Dolan played too. 

Manager then played Elliott, and clearly had to, due to loan contract. Elliott is a good player, don’t get me wrong, but more of an individual, but in the championship you need a good player who is also a real Team player, that’s what Dolan is.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1